Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by r0adkill View Post
    Maybe you wouldn't Lucy but a lot of people say they wouldn't watch but I guarantee they would.
    I would watch. Boring people may be enjoyable to spend real life with, but dirtbags make for more entertaining television.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I just think a lot of people are really ticked off about how ABC handled the Bentley situation and didn't step in...it was like they were saying its okay to treat a woman that way and from talk I have heard that hasn't gone over too well
    I think you're right. I happened to catch Regis & Kelly and Kelly was so upset about Bentley and The Bachelor that she said she was done with the show. I found it strange, since for one, she's on ABC and I didn't know you could speak badly of another ABC show; and secondly, because I'm the type of person who likes drama! Although, the Bentley thing is WAY over the top. I feel equally sorry and frustrated for Ashley's poor choices. She opens her hearts to losers, but closes her heart to sincere guys. Her judgment is really poor, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    If he can pick up someone at the shoe store, he doesn't sound too socially inept. More likely he is just not into her...although I have a feeling that may be mutual. Too bad since he is clearly very smart, witty and charming. Next Bachelor perhaps?
    Was he the one who said, "We didn't kiss, but we still had intimacy"? Considering that Ashley has kissed half the guys on this show, including all the other 1-on-1s, then I'd say there's probably a lack of chemistry there.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Bentley as the star? A season where all 25 girls fall instantly in true love at the first cocktail party. And Bentley takes the opportunity to sleep with each one just prior to their rejection. (Meaning he had to sleep with 10 girls the first night, but oh well, he can get it done.) The last girl to withhold sex gets the final rose, whereby Bentley then sleeps with her too, then decides it's time to go home and leaves her devastated in whatever tropical paradise they got engaged at.

It was really refreshing to hear an adult conversation between Ashley and Ames. He's very articulate and quite an interesting fellow! I hope we get to see more of him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I would watch. Boring people may be enjoyable to spend real life with, but dirtbags make for more entertaining television.
    Yes! And the ITMs would be hysterical.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Honestly, I think that the show needs new writers or a fresh slate completely. Since Deanna's season, every Bach'ette season deals with a guy leaving. Though Graham broke new ground with his exit, how many more Eds, Franks, and Bentleys can we have? How many more "I've-got-a-girlfriend" sagas can we watch?

Someone mentioned before that this season is a retread of Jill's season. Super true. This time, then, Ashley has to give Bentley the boot. We've already seen the ending where Jill accepts two-timing Ed back only to give him the final rose! Anyway, I'll be so glad for that storyline to end without ellipses. It's incredibly produced and absurd.

Actually, I feel that way about the whole season. Aside from Ashley's chat with Ames, some of her moments with Ben and JP, and some of her dance sequences, her commentary as well as the guys is plain scripted. It's as if the show wants to break the bank on the number of superlatives it can fit into two hours, "It's amazing! It's the most romantic! I can totally see Ashley as my wife after .25 seconds of knowing her!" Other than inspiring a collective of Bachelorette-drinking-game alcoholics, it's tedious. Why can't they just let them talk and allow natural "drama" to ensue? Even the lameo fight between Ryan and Blake is silly. Blake looked embarrassed having to make such a huge deal out of someone's personality.

Sigh. It's an unfortunate season. Though Ashley is emotional, I'm not sure that she can create enough drama on her own hence all the horribly produced segments and lines.

Reinvent the wheel next season, Fleiss. Some innovation would be welcome.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Reinvent the wheel next season, Fleiss. Some innovation would be welcome.
    Fans have been asking for new leads for some time, and all entreaties have fallen on deaf ears. It's much easier to have someone from the previous season, whose foibles have already been shown and easily make up the theme of the current show. I totally agree with you, veg_out, but I fear it is not going to happen, and eventually this franchise will just wear itself down and go away. Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Bentley as the star? A season where all 25 girls fall instantly in true love at the first cocktail party. And Bentley takes the opportunity to sleep with each one just prior to their rejection. (Meaning he had to sleep with 10 girls the first night, but oh well, he can get it done.) The last girl to withhold sex gets the final rose, whereby Bentley then sleeps with her too, then decides it's time to go home and leaves her devastated in whatever tropical paradise they got engaged at.
    You have to remember, even though ABC made Bentley look like an asshole just like they did with Rego, Roselyn, etc., he is of the LDS religion so I don't think he would be banging any of the girls. I also don't think he would do the show to find a wife since he shouldn't marry a non LDS girl anyway. He would only do the show for the money and the fame. But isn't that what 99% of the people do this show for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Fans have been asking for new leads for some time, and all entreaties have fallen on deaf ears. It's much easier to have someone from the previous season, whose foibles have already been shown and easily make up the theme of the current show. I totally agree with you, veg_out, but I fear it is not going to happen, and eventually this franchise will just wear itself down and go away. Just my humble opinion.
    The problem, unfortunately, is that we are a small portion of the viewing population. While we may want someone new, apparently the general viewing public doesn't. Ratings were steadily going down for the show, until they started recycling and then they have been progressively staying the same or increasing. This formula is not going to change unless and until Fleiss gets hit where it hurts - meaning the pocketbook.

Closed Thread