Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ASHLEY *No Spoilers*

Re: ASHLEY *No Spoilers*

I hate to keep heaping the criticizms on poor Ashley, but...
    Her mouth gyrations are starting to dominate all her film footage. Every time the camera is on her, she's smashing her lips together, or rolling her tongue around inside her mouth, or rubbing her lips with her hands... it's like she's constantly trying to get food unstuck from her teeth and it's kinda grossing me out. Could somebody please get her a toothpick?

I'm starting to really worry that the excessive lip-smashing (squeezing her upper and lower lips together between her teeth) is going to flatten her lips much sooner than nornal aging does. And then constantly rubbing them too... I tend to look away now when they show her face, because I really really dislike all the oral mannerisms... it's bad manners, if nothing else! And touching your mouth so much and then touching other people/items is an excellent way to spread viruses. Shouldn't a dental student already know that?

She has to be displaying some type of psychological trait, with all her oral motion. What does it mean?
    Last edited by fireflyer; 07-14-2011 at 04:20 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Her mouth gyrations are starting to dominate all her film footage. Every time the camera is on her, she's smashing her lips together, or rolling her tongue around inside her mouth, or rubbing her lips with her hands...

....I tend to look away now when they show her face, because I really really dislike all the oral mannerisms......
    I agree. I bet she is cringing as she watches. I don't think she realized she did this. It is just a nervous habit that is unattractive and distracting.

I am bored this season and find myself using FF and I never have done that before. I never even come to the Bachette threads. This morning is my first visit. Very dull season.

I can't hardly wait to see how Ashley handles herself with Ames' family members. It is my understanding that his family are "high society" type of people. We all know how she is when food is in front of her! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by AKA083 View Post
    I can't hardly wait to see how Ashley handles herself with Ames' family members. It is my understanding that his family are "high society" type of people. We all know how she is when food is in front of her! LOL!
    Oh No - talking with food in her mouth?? And talking from behind her hand, then nibbling on her own lips, etc.... ugh. They'll be so impressed.

The thing I'm curious about is if they will show any talk of religion with the families. Her answers will be very interesting.... Hope they show us!

What religion is she?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Her mouth gyrations are starting to dominate all her film footage. Every time the camera is on her, she's smashing her lips together, or rolling her tongue around inside her mouth, or rubbing her lips with her hands... it's like she's constantly trying to get food unstuck from her teeth and it's kinda grossing me out. Could somebody please get her a toothpick?

Ashley is just not cut out for this type of show. I'm starting to really worry that the excessive lip-smashing (squeezing her upper and lower lips together between her teeth) is going to flatten her lips much sooner than nornal aging does. And then constantly rubbing them too... I tend to look away now when they show her face, because I really really dislike all the oral mannerisms... it's bad manners, if nothing else! And touching your mouth so much and then touching other people/items is an excellent way to spread viruses. Shouldn't a dental student already know that?

She has to be displaying some type of psychological trait, with all her oral motion. What does it mean?

I have noticed Ashley's lip action during the shows. I agree that it is annoying. What bothers me the most are the selections of her CASUAL attire worn on dates. I am so sick & tired of the 6 inch heels, tight skinny jeans & skimpy short skirts along with the tied waist tops. The backless top was an addition to her wardrobe and it made me cringe. Ashley is not engaging. She doesn't know how to bring out the best in the guys as far as conversations are concerned.

To her credit, she was focused on studying to become a dentist rather than dating. Fleiss bragged & bragged how ABC has the first "professional" bachelorette and most of the viewers feel that her season is horrible! I do hope she completes her clinicals, practicums, pass the National Dental Board Exams and become a licensed dentist.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone actually believe that Ashley picked out all those outfits herself? I am sure she had some input, but as a dancer, she must know how harmful those high heels are to her feet, legs and back. I would bet she is wearing them because they're in current fashion and the female watchers can relate to them. She looks most uncomfortable in them. Just my humble opinion.

Wow, poor Ashley.
    The girl has been picked apart more than any other Bachelorette, it seems.

Ashley doesn't get to pick her outfits, makeup, hair or dates.

I'm actually quite pleased that she can string together an entire sentence and appear interested / engaged when she talks to these guys.
    I liked Ali, but I never felt like she could even talk a simple sentence to any of the guys on her season. She looked bored all the time.
    Columbia, MD likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Unlike some of the readers here on FORT, I have enjoyed the Bachelorette this season. (I always like both the Bachelor and Bachelorette). I would be very disappointed if they discontinued either of these shows. I look forward to them. They are both very entertaining to me. I just don't take them too seriously. You have tremendous scenery, some interesting dates, and even a little romance thrown in for good measure. I love it when I can guess who the lead will keep around, so it is a game with me. I actually have not been bored at all this season. (ok, it does not take much to entertain me? ) Ashey seems to be more interested in her men, at least in the conversations they have had. She keeps eye contact, responds when appropriate, and asks them good questions. It has to be tough to have a camera on you at all times and seem intelligent at all times to boot!

FORT Newbie

I don't know if anyone has read this yet, but it's the ABC press release on tonight's episode!

Ashley Looks for Love in Fiji Tonight! - Coming Up Roses: The Bachelorette

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast