Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ASHLEY *No Spoilers*

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: ASHLEY *No Spoilers*

I can't believe we are seeing everything. She has the best group of men I've yet seen on the Bachlorette series. I'd have a hard time picking just one! if she is "really" mooning over Bentley, not to see the great bunch of others....let her go off into the sunset with him. She deserves to live in her La La fantasy land with him....(so she thinks!).

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I can't believe we are seeing everything. She has the best group of men I've yet seen on the Bachlorette series. I'd have a hard time picking just one! if she is "really" mooning over Bentley, not to see the great bunch of others....let her go off into the sunset with him. She deserves to live in her La La fantasy land with him....(so she thinks!).
    I agree! There have been great guys on this show but this season, for me, has the most in one season. She seriously needs to move past Bentley and get to really know these guys. She's missing out.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

From Chris Harrison's blog (following Ep.4):
    "Next week’s episode really ends with Ashley in a dark place questioning everything even more than she is now. It was easily her lowest point in the show. "

I don't understand how anyone could act the way she has acted about a rejection, when she KNOWS she's being filmed? How could she have not realized at the time how pathetic she was acting, and how insulting her actions would be to the other men when they found out how psychotically she was behaving?

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I can't believe we are seeing everything. She has the best group of men I've yet seen on the Bachlorette series.
    I've noticed that she never, ever uses the word "men." Just "guys" -- like a middle-schooler. That in itself is very telling.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Who is John Galt?

Ashley really is a hot mess. There are some really great guys - Ryan, JP, Ben, to name a few. Bentley is(was) a jerk of epic proportions and yet she still moons over him like a lovesick 14 year old. If I were one of the other guys, I'd get up and leave. It must be so discouraging to them to put up with her insecurities and inability to move past the slimy toad. Chris Harrison must want to grab her by the shoulders, shake her, and say "wake up stupid". I've stopped watching because of her behavior with this Bentley creature. I hope the guy she picks doesn't get his heart broken because he doesn't measure up to her idiotic crush on Bentley.

FORT Fan

I really wishing last season that they would choose Ashley Spivey to be the Bette, after this last week I'm wishing that more then ever.

She's young and she'll learn from her mistake, like we all did. There's nothing wrong in falling hard and fast. One day it will be with the one that's meant for her. It's one step to growing. She shouldn't have to make herself fall for anyone, no matter how they portray themselves to be great guys (which we don't know to be true). It should just happen and it seem it happen to her with Bentley, no matter how good or bad, he was edited to be. It didn't happen with any of the other so-called good guys...and she's not wrong for that. How can she grow without mistakes.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    From Chris Harrison's blog (following Ep.4):

I don't understand how anyone could act the way she has acted about a rejection, when she KNOWS she's being filmed? How could she have not realized at the time how pathetic she was acting, and how insulting her actions would be to the other men when they found out how psychotically she was behaving?
    I agree and I see something missing in how she acts/what she says and how inappropriate they are. The above referenced meltdown and how insulting that is to the others. Her handing out the rose on the group date this week and announcing in front of all the men that the rose is going to someone she has "developed strong feelings for". You don't say that in front of the other guys - it's hurtful and demoralizing. It is amazing these guys are sticking around with her inappropriate and immature behavior.

I think Ashley needs to get out in the real world, work for a few years, mature and build some confidence in herself. She is not ready for a serious, adult relationship at this point. She needs time to mature and become an adult first.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    I agree and I see something missing in how she acts/what she says and how inappropriate they are. The above referenced meltdown and how insulting that is to the others. Her handing out the rose on the group date this week and announcing in front of all the men that the rose is going to someone she has "developed strong feelings for". You don't say that in front of the other guys - it's hurtful and demoralizing. It is amazing these guys are sticking around with her inappropriate and immature behavior.

I think Ashley needs to get out in the real world, work for a few years, mature and build some confidence in herself. She is not ready for a serious, adult relationship at this point. She needs time to mature and become an adult first.
    I agree with her terminology when presenting the rose. Maybe she's just not articulate. I kinda winced at that too. Maybe she was trying to boost his confidence because he is a little shy. I also thought she was about to make a big boo boo with Constantine. Was she seriously thinking about telling him about her feelings for Bentley. I wouldn't call a guy back if he told me he was still pining over someone else.

I just think she doesn't know how to use filters. A lot of people are like that.

I think Ashley is book smart and not street smart and she whatever therapy she's been through (assuming she has ever been to therapy for her daddy abandonment issues), it has not been nearly enough to meet a mate through this avenue.

Wondering whether she should have told Constantine about her feelings about Bentley put Constantine in the friend and not the future-lover category.

The show psychologists should have their professional licenses revoked for ethics violations.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast