Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WILLIAM *No Spoilers*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: WILLIAM *No Spoilers*

He definitely crossed the line, I think, but his regret afterwards was heartfelt. The only thing I can fault him for was not apologizing more than he did to Ashley. He sulked and teared up and kind of turned it around to be about him. Kind of immature in my book. That said, he's still one of my top 3. I'm hoping he makes a HUUUUGE change for next week.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have a friend who grew up with him. Apparently Will has a history of not quite knowing when a joke goes too far - nothing malicious, she just said it is like he really doesn't get when he goes too far, until it is too late. He is a nice guy, and I agree he is cute. But apparently what we saw this past week at the roast is definitely part of the reason this cutie is still single.

I do think Ashely was completely immature about something that seemed like a roast-appropriate joke. If she was sensitive about a certain subject, then either she should've told everyone in advance, or she shouldn't have agreed to a roast in the first place. Honestly, a roast is the DUMBEST date idea ever. But despite that, Ashely was very immature about William's joke. And then she went around to each guy in her own little pitty-party. She expected some kind of apology from William, but never once did SHE apologize to HIM for overreacting to his joke and essentially spanking him in front of an entire audience, for doing nothing but following the rules of a roast.

She really needs to learn there are 2 sides to every situation, and she needs to quit overreacting. I think she showed that she is a really poor sport. Why did she tell everyone to "bring it on!" if she didn't really want jokes about her?

ITA about Ashley's behaviour at the roast.....obviously she is really insecure and should not have done the roast. I felt sorry for William more than I did for Ashley...she is starting to annoy me with each 'me' reaction. Whoever she chooses will have to be constantly reassuring her.....poor William is not for her I think.

I kinda feel sorry for him too. He's been looking like a deer in the headlights. We haven't seen any "alone time" for them either -- because there is none? Or some other reason? It bugs me that we will probably never know.

Maybe Ashley has decided to punish him by ignoring him.

Or, maybe we just don't get to see their footage anymore.

FORT sun

As much as I liked William, I wish Ashley would have canned him immediately when she felt insulted by his roast jokes.

Poor William really has fallen from grace. Too bad, he’s so cute. I think it’s not unusual for children of alcoholics to have a driving need to be liked. And, just speculating about Will, but maybe his need to deliver a Roast toast that everyone thought was the funniest and the coolest overrode any consideration he should have had for Ashley’s feelings.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fan

There is a deleted scene from this past week of William and Ashley, they've patched things up

FORT Fan

They've patched things up but his days are still pretty much numbered. There are too many other guys there who have more going for them. I did love their date, though. Talk about blowing it! Sheesh!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast