Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: RYAN P *No Spoilers*

Re: RYAN P *No Spoilers*

There was a minor tear and red rims...that is why they left in the close-up shot of his face.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

She left him in up to this point because he was better than the remaining alternatives, other than her F4. She can only eliminate "x" number of guys each week, according to the production schedule.

What doesn't make any sense to me is that Ashley singled Ryan out, several times, to give him roses in advance. And yet, she avoided going on a date with him. Why did she mis-lead him like that? And then she says in a PI (aired early in their date) something about haven't yet had time develop feelings w/ Ryan yet.

Well obviously, she wouldn't go on a date with him until so late in the season, so what outcome did she expect?

The show is designed very stupidly, in my opinion. If she truly is dating 25 guys like they always say, then she should actually get to have A DATE with each one, at the same level of the competition. Not wait until 19 have already been eliminated before finally going on a date. Ryan was ripped off. If she couldn't even stomach going on a date with him, she never should've kept advancing him week after week.

And further, who is the weirdo who plans these dates? Why would 6 guys boxing each other be considered a date? It didn't even involve the girl. Or ROASTING a girl who is barely more than a stranger to them?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I have a feeling the producers were eyeing Ryan as a potential Bachelor lead early on. They may have told Ashley to keep him for awhile so women would have time to fall in love with him. It's just too weird that he'd keep getting special roses, but yet no 1-1 date until this stage of the game. Especially when other guys were getting their 2nd 1-1 dates. On top of that, she ended up dumping him during the date, even though she wasn't supposed to. I have to believe she had serious doubts before they even went out. And the time Ashley was reassuring him that they were progressing well even without a 1-1 date, she didn't even look like she felt what she was saying. Her face looked completely uninterested.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I have a feeling the producers were eyeing Ryan as a potential Bachelor lead early on. They may have told Ashley to keep him for awhile so women would have time to fall in love with him. It's just too weird that he'd keep getting special roses, but yet no 1-1 date until this stage of the game. Especially when other guys were getting their 2nd 1-1 dates. On top of that, she ended up dumping him during the date, even though she wasn't supposed to. I have to believe she had serious doubts before they even went out. And the time Ashley was reassuring him that they were progressing well even without a 1-1 date, she didn't even look like she felt what she was saying. Her face looked completely uninterested.
    I'd agree with this explanation. He served as our narrator up to this point too.

Since production manipulates so much, I also wonder if they saw the guys' reactions to Ryan and decided to escalate the drama by having Ashley continue to give him a rose. On the Hong Kong group date, the other guys commented that Ashley has to be aware of Ryan's "mask." If I were any of them, it would make me rather uneasy, not knowing if Ashley's interactions or choices were honest and self-motivated or the product of being persuaded into a plot line. How much would it stink to make it to the F3 and only then find out Ashley's true feelings? I imagine that many a FRC was hashed out then with the guy or girl being pretty sure that s/he'd not be the chosen one. It must be so disorienting.

This season more than Ali's, I notice that we have very few ITMs of actually seeing Ashley saying a person's name when she's describing her feelings about him. Anything could have been said about any of the guys and then laid over another guy.
    Last edited by veg_out; 07-14-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    cantstopwatchin and nanarama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    This season more than Ali's, I notice that we have very few ITMs of actually seeing Ashley saying a person's name when she's describing her feelings about him. Anything could have been said about any of the guys and then laid over another guy.
    What a good point!

As much as I felt Ryan had become increasingly annoying, last night felt like Ashley was kicking a kitten or doing some other heinous, cruel thing when she let him go. While we were being led to believe she really liked him and even hinted that she would meet his family (and we NEVER had a bachelor or bachelorette lie before, right?) She could have just been following the production schedule. It could well be that she already knows her final one - or at least final two and just has to string the other guys along because that's the format.
    As far as letting him go on the date, well, isn't that more dramatic and "better television?" We get a little shock and awe because it's unexpected - and even better for them, a hugely dramatic reaction because Ryan didn't expect it. For a fairly boring season- or any season for that matter - that's crucial for the success of their show.

I actually dont mind Ryan.I just don't think he's right for the bachelor. I just cant see it. I would think( if not chosen) Ben would be better.

FORT Regular

I think any one of the top 10 or so would be better than Ryan, except William (he is too immature).

FORT Newbie

Ryan spoke to reporters today in a conference call all about getting dumped by Ashley, and then getting dumped by Ashley again in Fiji. He explains why he went there, why he is the way he is, and if he would want to be "The Bachelor".
    Ryan Talks About Ashley Dumping Him...Twice - Coming Up Roses: The Bachelorette
    Enjoy

What a cheeseball! Who does he think he is, being happy to have a great life, a loving family, and good health, not to mention an awareness of how it could all be gone in the blink of an eye? No one should/could really be that happy. He just such a fake cheesy guy! /sarcasm

I'm glad he gets it now from watching the show.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast