Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: RYAN P *No Spoilers*

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: RYAN P *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    this so reminds me of Tenley and the RVing - I can't remember the specifics, but everyone was down about something and then Tenley made a comment and started her giggling. She too had no concept of what was going on around her.

I just don't think Ash was that into Ryan - prolly at first, but in the end, the attraction for him never came.
    That's interesting you said that. Ryan didn't seem to notice Ashley's facial expressions. IMO, her face said it all. But he was so excited to be with her he couldn't see she wasn't reciprocating. She was not into him at all.

So, does anyone think he was being presented as a possible lead for the next Bachelor? I was watching closely. On one hand, I think he's great. And they made sure that everyone knew he REALLY wants to find love and start a family. Isn't that what we want The Bachelor to want? OTOH, he almost seemed a little desperate. And I say that as somebody who really likes Ryan. Just trying to be objective! In any case, of the final 6 guys, I think he or JP would be the best contenders for the next Bachelor. Maybe Constantine, but he likes to take things slowly - which I think is fine, but you can't do that with this show!

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    I really do wish that Ryan could figure out how to bottle that energy, enthusiasm and love for life and send across an unlimited supply to me. I just love that about him and am feeling really bad that he is being edited negatively. We need more human beings like him thats for sure.
    I agree. It seems the only complaints the guys had about him, was his energy. I dont think he was a good match for Ashley he's another one( like Ames) thats too smart for her.

I found Ryan to be very sincere. I think someone who has a ton of energy, especially when it's positive tend to get the "oh he's being fake" edit... Society seems to prefer the moody, dark and twisted personalities. I don't see any relation between Jake and Ryan. I find Ryan worlds more real then Jake ever tried to be. I hope he finds what he is looking for... But I do agree with others that Ashley and him were not a good match.
    reemcook and Columbia, MD like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Newbie

Maybe someone should introduce Ryan to happy,smiling Mallory from the Amazing Race lol.
    I doubt she would leave Daddy and Kentucky? to move to California, but you never know.

FORT Regular

I felt bad for Ryan. He did ask her at least once if he should be concerned that he wasn't getting a 1:1 date and she reassured him that she liked him and kept giving him the group date roses. I understand why he thought she would want to meet his family. What I am not sure of is if she knew she didn't want him, or being on the date and hearing him talk about his family and realizing the spark wasn't there really freaked her out?

Ashley said a couple times after she sent Ryan home, that she hoped she made the right decision. I hope she did, too..because he seems like a great catch for some lucky gal. He is sweet, intelligent and really handsome.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

There was ( is) a deleted scene where he goes back to the guys and tells them he's going home.He says she's just not feeling it.They think he's joking, and he says I wish I was.He looks pretty down.Now why did they cut that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    There was ( is) a deleted scene where he goes back to the guys and tells them he's going home.He says she's just not feeling it.They think he's joking, and he says I wish I was.He looks pretty down.Now why did they cut that out?
    Emily! Plus, it was important to have his dejected scenes, aimlessly ambling about Taiwan in preparation for his role as The Bachelor! In lieu of the freaky horror-flick-inspired eye closeups, we could have had the Going Home scene

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Emily! Plus, it was important to have his dejected scenes, aimlessly ambling about Taiwan in preparation for his role as The Bachelor! In lieu of the freaky horror-flick-inspired eye closeups, we could have had the Going Home scene
    It was all of 3 minutes( if that) so I dont think they cut it out b/c of Emily. I guess it looked worse the way they had it. I am glad I saw that scene, its online ET Canada.

Yeah, what on earth was that close up of his eyes thing? Why did they leave THAT in? For a second, I thought it was some kind of special effect (i.e. manipulated).

I felt really really badly for him. Ashley has been stringing him along -- the previous episode she TOLD him she wanted to meet his family. Not implied it, outright said that she wanted to see where he lives, meet his family, etc. And in this episode, when he was talking about picturing them coming into his parents' place, the dogs going nuts, she got the weirdest look on her face like she thought dogs were demons or something. Yet she has a dog herself. She looked almost panicked. I suppose she wasn't really paying attention to the specifics but thinking about how to boot him as nicely as possible. Personally, I think her "boots" are rather cold -- yeah, I'm done with you, bye. Maybe it's the only way she can get through them, I dunno.

Yes, I DO think there is a very likelihood that Ryan will be (or at least is wanted to be) the next Bachelor. I dunno if he'd agree to it, but he's that Mr. Energy, Mr. Optimism guy, so he probably would.

I had to laugh at the suggestion of Mallory for Ryan -- she might be too much even for Ryan! LOL!
    Last edited by Lucy van Pelt; 07-13-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarity
    reemcook likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast