Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MICKEY *No Spoilers*

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: MICKEY *No Spoilers*

I thought he was a bit of a jerk, bagging on Ashley because he's "all about honesty" and then when she IS honest with him, he asks to go home.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

I think his "asking to go home" was a ploy to see if Ashley would give him some encouragement about his place in the "process." Once he did not get what he wanted, he had to go home, as he had already backed himself into the corner.

I'm not sure what people are seeing in him. Good looking, yes, but otherwise humourless, dull, uptight and has only read a few books cover to cover. Attractive is more than just a pretty face.
    JavaJo likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I'm not sure what people are seeing in him. Good looking, yes, but otherwise humourless, dull, uptight and has only read a few books cover to cover. Attractive is more than just a pretty face.
    I didn't see the big deal either For me (surprise!), his not being well-read is a huge thing. It just speaks to a lack of intellectual curiosity that he doesn't seem to fulfill in any other way. Really though, if he'd shown more of a personality, sense of humor, anything, he would have been much more appealing. Maybe IRL he's a great guy, but it just didn't come across on the show.

I felt like his little threat to leave his way of fishing for her to beg him to stay. I'm glad she sent him packing. I hate those little games.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I read somewhere that the whole "if you're into someone like HIM, please send ME home" was actually about Ryan?! Either way, it was a jerky thing to say.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

RBmumsie, Mickey clearly says "I just dont get what you saw in a guy like him." (You can watch and rewatch the episodes at The Bachelorette site). Ryan was still there at that point, so it had to refer to Bentley, who was gone. And the context of the whole conversation also made it clear that Mickey was referring to Bentley.

The rest of this is just my subjective opinion: I think Mickey said to send him home if Bentley was the type of guy she was looking for because he meant it, but was hoping that she now felt that there was nothing about Bentley that she would be looking for. And I think Ashley replied as she did (asking him to take the initiative in removing himself from the "pool") because she wanted to test him. As in, did he feel strongly enough for her to take the chance of staying? Or, perhaps more likely, she knows perfectly well she's not going to choose him in the end and prefers to feel less guilty about it by putting the decision onto him. And in the end, something Mickey had already noticed -- that some of the others who were still there seemed to have stronger connections than he -- I think propelled him to leave now. I think he realized they just hadn't and weren't going to make the connection and it was time he recognized that.

I'm hoping both Mickey and Ashley will say more about his departure soon.

I got the feeling that Ashley's act of forcing him to exclude himself was her lashing back. I.e. he hurts her by saying he wants to go home because her judgement sucks. So in retaliation, she hurts him by daring him to do it now instead of at the ceremony.

The way the game is played, each contestant gets a chance to decline the rose at the ceremony. Or, they don't get offered a rose, thereby leaving the game. But because Ashley took offense to Mickey's "If he's your guy, I'm not", she wanted to make an example of him. She will punish anybody who is honest with her that they aren't into her. Poor Mickey didn't even get to say goodbye to the guys! At least at a rose ceremony rejection, he would've been able to say good-bye.

Very interesting that he didn't get a clip in "Diaries of the Departed" either. I think he was clearly just sick of her games. I bet he did film a clip, but slammed her in it so producers decided not to show it. She's a very self-absorbed person, very aware of her own feelings yet not very empathetic towards other people's feelings. Yes, I know she portrays a concern for others, but she definitely gets pissed if they don't feel the way she thinks they should feel. She's very controlling.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    RBmumsie, Mickey clearly says "I just dont get what you saw in a guy like him." (You can watch and rewatch the episodes at The Bachelorette site). Ryan was still there at that point, so it had to refer to Bentley, who was gone. And the context of the whole conversation also made it clear that Mickey was referring to Bentley.

The rest of this is just my subjective opinion: I think Mickey said to send him home if Bentley was the type of guy she was looking for because he meant it, but was hoping that she now felt that there was nothing about Bentley that she would be looking for. And I think Ashley replied as she did (asking him to take the initiative in removing himself from the "pool") because she wanted to test him. As in, did he feel strongly enough for her to take the chance of staying? Or, perhaps more likely, she knows perfectly well she's not going to choose him in the end and prefers to feel less guilty about it by putting the decision onto him. And in the end, something Mickey had already noticed -- that some of the others who were still there seemed to have stronger connections than he -- I think propelled him to leave now. I think he realized they just hadn't and weren't going to make the connection and it was time he recognized that.

I'm hoping both Mickey and Ashley will say more about his departure soon.
    Yes, the night the Hong Kong episode aired Mickey said, "I just don't get what you saw in the that guy," but on the previews for Hong Kong the night the Chaing Mai episode aired Mickey was shown saying, "I just don't get what you see in that guy." Which clearly demonstrates what a poor editing job Ashley has received this season. I have always known they splice & edit often, but IMO this season's job has been done to make Ashley seem weaker and sillier than she really is. I'm sure she would be the first to admit that she spent way more time on Bentley than she should have, BUT I don't believe it was as much as has been portrayed and that falls solely on the producers.
    Also, Ashley S. and a few others "in the know" have stated that Mickey's reference was to Ryan, not Bentley.

Any other thoughts on why Mickey didn't get a "Diary of the Departed"?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Since they are showing a repeat tonight, maybe he'll get one later in the week...or...maybe taking oneself off the show doesn't warrant a diary entry.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast