Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: J.P. *No Spoilers*

Re: J.P. *No Spoilers*

I'm with you, Columbia.
    Although, to be fair, I've liked him pretty much since day 1. He just seems like a real sweet, upfront, down to earth guy. That's why I thought of the Chris Lambton comparison.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Whether it's Ash and JP, or Ash and someone else....I really feel they need to "go" and live a normal life, like normal people. No Dancing With The Stars, no Bachelor Pad! jmho of course!!!!
    Columbia, MD likes this.

One good thing about Ashley and JP is that they're both East Coasters and it should be easier for them to get together than some of the couples. To me that is one of the keys for a couple to be successful. They need to spend time together in the real world. I'm with Jennifer in that I think more exposure for the couples than is required is going to be bad for the relationship. Ideally no DWTS or anything like it. Just be real people.

I really enjoyed J.P.'s two-second P.I. in which he talks about his feelings for Ashley. If you watch online, it's in Episode 6 Part 2 -- starting at 4:38 seconds. It looks like he's trying his darnedest not to giggle with joy. He really seems authentic.

I can't remember, did the two of them do anything on this date other than a meal? All I remember is them eating dinner, and then later going up on the rooftop and drinking wine. It seems like the other guys always get to do an activity on their 1-on-1.

FORT Newbie

Yeah, I liked his ITM as well. Check out his video on The Bachelor site The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, The Bachelor Pad: Watch videos, catch up with cast, apply to be a contestant titled "JP is Smitten with Ashley." His grace and admiration is so apparent.

FORT Fogey

Fireflyer -- maybe they did feel the need for an "activity" other than spending time with each other. Seems like they don't need the diversion of an "activity" to be together and have closeness and conversation. Just my humble opinion.

I think he is authentic and the finest breath of fresh air we have seen on this program in a very long time.

Other than group dates he hasn't seen her in the daylight. First the pajama party then the after dark dinner and star gazing. I found it strange they didn't at least walk through a market like was done with Ben and Lucas. But, then, come to think of it, Lucas date was also after dark. Maybe the dragon boat race was the only daylight activity the Chinese govt allowed. I know...please no conspiracy theories, but it was strange.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm left with the impression there isn't much to see in Hong Kong. Why'd they go there? (Other than the advertising dollars, of course...)

FORT Fogey

My SO has been in Hong Kong several times. There is plenty to see and do, and places they did not go, such as Tiger Balm Gardens. This is, after all, a dating show, not a travelogue.

Yes, you're right, the premise is a dating show. Yet these last couple of seasons I've been under the impression that this show exists simply to pander to foreign countries' tourism departments. As if it weren't already cheap enough to produce, the show started accepting kickbacks for highlighting various tourist attractions. Which is why it surprised me that we didn't see more of Hong Kong. They repeatedly made a big deal of the lights and skyline, but we can see lights and skyline anywhere. So I wonder what the exact reason was that the producers put Hong Kong on the itinerary. I guess just for the dragon-boat racing.

Closed Thread