Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: J.P. *No Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: J.P. *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I have no trouble at all with the board being slow which is unusual for me I'm not usually lucky in computer world issues.

I've realized I am so tired of this show. The whole thing is sleazy and totally creeped me out with that fantasy suite thing and the producer who is a sleaze bag himself. Sleeping with potentially three different men over three days? That is just disgusting. What kind of message does that send to young people? It reminds me of when you buy a horse and open their mouth to look at their teeth or buying a used car and kicking the tires, looking under the hood, it's just so gross to apply these standards to picking a mate for life. Isn't sex supposed to grow out of love and not just tire kicking to be sure they somehow don't disappoint in that department? Gosh, what has happened to us as a society? Not to mention the revolving door of messy breakups that were fake to start with. Time for them to do a classier/cleaner version of BP or something where there are many couples meeting more naturally or something!! This is not working at all. I am starting to feel like I need a bath after watching this show and this is only about the third time I have ever watched. Although you really don't have to with all of the magazines reporting etc. to know what is going on.
    I'm sure there have been exceptions, but many of the leads on this show say the Fantasy Suite dates are only set up to look like they're going to have sex, but they really don't. Probably a lot of kissing going on, but mostly they say they just want to talk without cameras present. It's their only opportunity. Of course, some of them could just be lying because their parents are watching the show!

I agree with you, AlwaysVeg, based on what I've read and based on what I know about reality shows and Hollywood, in general.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have to agree too, that the implication is there and looks pretty tacky. But, thinking of those leads who were SO into their final pick, I can't imagine they were intimate with the other finalists. By that time, they've developed quite a "crush" (for lack of a better word. "Love" doesn't quite sound right) on that one person, it would feel like cheating if they let it go too far w/the other people. But ... that's just me - I also wouldn't want to lead them on, and feel trashy afterwards saying, I knew it wasn't you but enjoyed our little fling! haha! Who was it that told the guys she didn't think it was appropriate, or didn't want it to appear inappropriate? Was that Ali?

Anyway, if Ashley is completely hot for JP, I can see them "taking it to the next level" but she'd have a lot of explainin' to do to him about her night with Ben if she let it go too far! I don't think that would go over well....

I wasn't trying to sound like a prude or anything it's just "that name"!!! Fantasy suite, why is it named the fantasy suite if not for one reason? They could have private time together with no cameras rolling without a wide angle shot of that huge king size bed looming in the background in all it's implied glory. I wonder how they get them to go along it. I just feel sad that we never see or hear of sex presented as an expression of love. This exercise implies it's more of a final fact finding mission. I feel sad for all of the loss we have suffered as a society. We have come a long way and maybe even gone a little too far. Perhaps I have become cynical.
    Last edited by Tobi; 07-29-2011 at 09:28 PM.
    halfpintdynamit and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

This is kind of OT, but related to Tobi's post above:

The programs have many tacky parts.....the Fantasy Suite dates are just the worst ones.

As for children seeing this, you can blame lack of parental control if they do see it. There's too much lack of interest in what kids are seeing on TV or doing on the internet by the part of parents today, but that is another story for another day.............
    Tobi and halfpintdynamit like this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    I always forget about y'all here! Here's my latest tribute video. Hope you enjoy!

‪Ashley and JP-Falling‬‏ - YouTube
    Cute video! Don't feel bad about forgetting about us - some of us prefer the ambience here this season while the world wars continue elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Anyway, if Ashley is completely hot for JP, I can see them "taking it to the next level" but she'd have a lot of explainin' to do to him about her night with Ben if she let it go too far! I don't think that would go over well....
    That's why she changed out of her little black dress into her little white button-down shirt. It reminded me A LOT of Jillian when she changed into her little white shirt...and I've been surprised that no one has commented on the outfit change b/c poor Jillian got skewered for doing that (I'm assuming this is b/c people didn't like Ed versus everyone liking JP?? )
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 07-29-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

would it be a violation of the rules of no spoilers to discuss all the articles I am now seeing in magazines about JP????? just curious

as for sex in the fantasy suite...Brad the first go around made it very clear that there was NO SEX going on....he was one of the few I believed at the time...as for his second time IDK.....we know Blob the Slob nailed everything he could get his hands on....I think there is more sex when the men are the bachelor than when the girl is the bachelorette.....the bachelorette may choose to have sex with someone but I would think it would be who she knew she was chossing course I could be wrong
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    That's why she changed out of her little black dress into her little white button-down shirt. It reminded me A LOT of Jillian when she changed into her little white shirt...and I've been surprised that no one has commented on the outfit change b/c poor Jillian got skewered for doing that (I'm assuming this is b/c people didn't like Ed versus everyone liking JP?? )
    I might be wrong, but I recall Jillian's white shirt as being more gauzy and see-through than Ashley's, but they didn't show Ashley for more than a few seconds so I'm not sure. You'd think they would put Ashley in something entirely different in order to avoid comparisons as well as lack of originality!

FORT Fanatic

has there ever been a couple who were so obviously into each other than Ashley and JP?

a
    halfpintdynamit likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    has there ever been a couple who were so obviously into each other than Ashley and JP?

Shrek and Fiona.

And equally as appealing.
    fireflyer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Closed Thread