Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CONSTANTINE *No Spoilers*

Re: CONSTANTINE *No Spoilers*

He was always sort of snippy to me. Can simply NOT understand what it was that so attracted her to him and she even said he was her physical type oy vey. I guess she likes the big teddy bear type and guys that aren't interested in her. I do not think he ever gave her an ounce of encouragement and yet there he was riding all the way to the end and dumping her for her effort. I don't even know why she would go to a fantasy suite with him, yuk!!! He in my opinion wasn't thinking a thing about the restaurant but was thinking more about not violating the "man code" because he knew that Ben really did like her quite a lot, not sure he could care if JP did.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Yah, I almost got the impression that he knew before the date started that he would dump her. I wonder if he planned that at the very beginning of the season? (meaning, he knew IF he made it to final 3 he would dump before the fantasy suite).

I got a little vibe of a 'player'... I doubt he was EVER truly on the show for the 'right' reasons. It was more to advertise the family restaurant. i.e he played with her emotions in trade for free restaurant exposure.

Him being Greek Orthodox, I'm almost POSITIVE his family sat down after the hometown date and discussed what would happen on the Final 3 date. They obviously clued him in on the fact that a Fantasy Suite overnighter would be offered to him. Later, when he started talking about the Fantasy Suite to Ashley, he was not only concerned with what "happens" on the date, but also "what it implies" (i.e. how it looks to the viewing public... it looks like pre-marital sex). I'd bet a cool hundred that his mom told him in no uncertain terms he'd better not even come CLOSE to sleeping with that girl!

Odds are that Constantine has a potential sweetie back at home, maybe one of the waitresses, and doesn't want to risk losing a potential girlfriend NOR risk the reputation of the family restaurant for 1 measly night with a lip-crunching tongue-gyrating girl. For all we know, maybe the majority of their diners are from their church. I was raised in a church that had a strong sense of moral community -- if they displease their customer base by doing something the church wouldn't approve of, it could hurt business.
    I, too, got the impression that he had no intention of staying past dinner - he looked checked out as soon as they sat down and Ashley's question about "sharing" her with his friend Ben just set the ball rolling, I think.

As for the restaurant, I took my kids there yesterday for lunch and they have two HUGE posters on the doors, advertising Constantine's being on the show. It was busy and the patrons were diverse; there were people from the hospital down the street (in scrubs), businessmen, other moms with kids, etc. The food was good - it was your typical pizza joint fare - and my kids loved the garlic bread.

I'm kind of glad he's gone - he was obviously there for the adventure - and he was just blah to me.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

‪Constantine Tzortzis at "The Bachelorette" Men Tell All taping‬‏ - YouTube
    Awww, like I ever had a chance, but I'm bummed to hear him say he's found a new love! He posted a video on his Facebook page from after the Men Tell All. His facebook comment w/it: "Nice camera work." (They chop off his head sometimes, it's shaky too, but not too bad)
    I'll try to link it here...hope it works.

The interviewer asks what he learned, or if he's taken any thing out of this experience to help him in future relationships, and he says it already has, it led him to someone special now. She said you've found someone already? He says, ya I feel really good about it.
    Oh and he says all the waitresses (who seemed to like him) are like sisters to him!

I find him so attractive in a boy-next-door kind of way! And I really like his calm demeanor, he seems very genuine to me because of it. Ashley and other bachelors are in the background, which was kind of interesting to watch all the buzzing around that goes on.

I am more convinced than ever that Constantine went there more for an adventure and perhaps a little advertisement for the restaurant, and he knew very early on that Ashley was not the girl for him. Maybe he never expected to make it to the F3 - who knows - but he made a conscious decision to take it to that level once he got to the F4. IMO he knew before the hometown visit that there was nothing more than a friendship in the cards for him and Ashley, and I don't think that he was sending Ashley any mixed feelings in that he never acted that "into her". More than likely she only took him to the F3, because she just needed him to fill that slot, already knowing that Ben and JC were her F2.

I do find it interesting that he has already found someone special so quickly, but maybe it was with someone whom he had always wanted to date and had never given it a chance before. Again, who knows. Anyway, I do think that he was very conscious of how he would be edited and did not give them anything negative to use. So, that makes him a smart man.

As for the restaurant, I took my kids there yesterday for lunch and they have two HUGE posters on the doors, advertising Constantine's being on the show. It was busy and the patrons were diverse; there were people from the hospital down the street (in scrubs), businessmen, other moms with kids, etc. The food was good - it was your typical pizza joint fare - and my kids loved the garlic bread.
    My mom and her friend were there at the same time! She told me about the posters and brought home the leftover garlic bread. Their server, who said she had been there for 7 years, said Constantine is a really nice guy, but she wasn't surprised about the outcome and didn't see the chemistry. For what it's worth, she thinks Ben is F1.
    Katherine
    Use my code OWENS to save on Kovacs Brothers Wine & Books.

I agree, I don't think Constantine was ever into Ashley. I never saw a spark on his side at all. I think Ashley kept him because she was attracted to him, and he was a challenge. I don't know whether he went on the show to promote his restaurant or not, but I think he just wasn't feeling it for Ashley. We didn't ever see the subject of religion being brought up (although Ashley said she learned about it on the hometown date) but I'm glad he didn't use that as an excuse to dump her, considering he knew before he ever went on the show that it was very unlikely that she would be/would convert to his religion. At least he was honest with her about how he was feeling. I'm kind of curious to know whom he's dating now.

My mom had an appointment with her long-time hairstylist today who is in the same area as Giorgios. Not only has she been to the restaurant many times, but her kids attended high school with Constantine, and he knew her son pretty well.

1. She was not surprised at the outcome, as he is Greek Orthodox and Ashley obviously is not. She agrees about him being concerned about what the fantasy suite implied.

2. Constantine had a pretty serious girlfriend while in college, but it did not work because she cheated on him, which explains why he had trouble opening up to Ashley.

3. She says Constantine and his family are very nice people, and would ask about her son and how he was doing. (He was in the Marines for a while.)

4. She thinks JP is F1.
    Katherine
    Use my code OWENS to save on Kovacs Brothers Wine & Books.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234