Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CONSTANTINE *No Spoilers*

Re: CONSTANTINE *No Spoilers*

I don't think at least from what we have seen in the series that Constantine is really ready to change his life around for someone. He seems content with his life the way it is and not really looking for a relationship just now. Could be totally wrong...I often am....

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I agree completely! He really seems to have a lot going for him - he's one of my faves!

Maybe you can answer a question on the Greek Orthodox religion - is it (any more than usual) difficult to marry outside the religion? Someone had mentioned that going on this show and finding someone w/the exact same religion would be a stretch, so I'm assuming he/his family might be open to other religions? The friends I had in high school who went to the Greek Orthodox church all ended up with others there, thought they had dated some outside the religion. I'm just wondering ... in general, I guess.
    There are plenty of "cultural" Orthodox, I'm sure, who might not consider it a big deal to marry someone non-Orthodox, but if you are a devout, practicing Orthodox, then it's pretty important to marry someone who is as well. You would definitely have to at least marry a Christian. Unfortunately most Christian denominations other than Catholic are not going to be very compatible theologically with Orthodoxy. I could see Constantine and his family being concerned over this with Ashley. Although, why he would go on the show to meet someone, who the odds are very slim of being the same religion, I don't know.
    navybelle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I don't think at least from what we have seen in the series that Constantine is really ready to change his life around for someone. He seems content with his life the way it is and not really looking for a relationship just now. Could be totally wrong...I often am....
    Most - if not all- of his voiceovers were about Ashley (or another mate) fitting into HIS life, not about meshing two lives together and creating something new together. His mother reinforced that the options are to live in Cummings or nearby. It's nice to have family togetherness, but it doesn't allow too much independence to become your own person apart from the family.
    Tobi likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Most - if not all- of his voiceovers were about Ashley (or another mate) fitting into HIS life, not about meshing two lives together and creating something new together. His mother reinforced that the options are to live in Cummings or nearby. It's nice to have family togetherness, but it doesn't allow too much independence to become your own person apart from the family.
    Possibly Constantine, like Reid, is just not ready to be his own person quite yet. Time will tell..........
    Tobi likes this.

I suspect that Constantine went on the show for the adventure rather than trying to find a wife. I think that he knew at the last rose ceremony that there was no "connection" there, and he was just happy he was going to get to go to Fiji. He had no intention of going to the fantasy suite with her and was ready for the adventure to end on a high note.

Yah, I almost got the impression that he knew before the date started that he would dump her. I wonder if he planned that at the very beginning of the season? (meaning, he knew IF he made it to final 3 he would dump before the fantasy suite).

I got a little vibe of a 'player'... I doubt he was EVER truly on the show for the 'right' reasons. It was more to advertise the family restaurant. i.e he played with her emotions in trade for free restaurant exposure.

Him being Greek Orthodox, I'm almost POSITIVE his family sat down after the hometown date and discussed what would happen on the Final 3 date. They obviously clued him in on the fact that a Fantasy Suite overnighter would be offered to him. Later, when he started talking about the Fantasy Suite to Ashley, he was not only concerned with what "happens" on the date, but also "what it implies" (i.e. how it looks to the viewing public... it looks like pre-marital sex). I'd bet a cool hundred that his mom told him in no uncertain terms he'd better not even come CLOSE to sleeping with that girl!

Odds are that Constantine has a potential sweetie back at home, maybe one of the waitresses, and doesn't want to risk losing a potential girlfriend NOR risk the reputation of the family restaurant for 1 measly night with a lip-crunching tongue-gyrating girl. For all we know, maybe the majority of their diners are from their church. I was raised in a church that had a strong sense of moral community -- if they displease their customer base by doing something the church wouldn't approve of, it could hurt business.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 07-27-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Fireflyer, I'm not disagreeing with your entire post, however, I sincerely doubt that the majority of the diners at his restaurant are from his church. Cumming is not a huge town, but it is close to other towns, has lots of "move-ins" from other areas and is close to a popular lake. It isn't a tiny backwater miles from nowhere. The restaurant has been written up in papers and reviewed as a popular place to eat. In no way can I see it dependent on his church. Also, he answered the question somewhere as to why they serve primarily Italian food instead of Greek and talks about how it's a commercial decision. I haven't eaten there but I did grow up (and now live) nearby and I've spend a lot of time at Lake Lanier. Just thought I'd let you know!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Yah, I almost got the impression that he knew before the date started that he would dump her. I wonder if he planned that at the very beginning of the season? (meaning, he knew IF he made it to final 3 he would dump before the fantasy suite).

I got a little vibe of a 'player'... I doubt he was EVER truly on the show for the 'right' reasons. It was more to advertise the family restaurant. i.e he played with her emotions in trade for free restaurant exposure.

Him being Greek Orthodox, I'm almost POSITIVE his family sat down after the hometown date and discussed what would happen on the Final 3 date. They obviously clued him in on the fact that a Fantasy Suite overnighter would be offered to him. Later, when he started talking about the Fantasy Suite to Ashley, he was not only concerned with what "happens" on the date, but also "what it implies" (i.e. how it looks to the viewing public... it looks like pre-marital sex). I'd bet a cool hundred that his mom told him in no uncertain terms he'd better not even come CLOSE to sleeping with that girl!

Odds are that Constantine has a potential sweetie back at home, maybe one of the waitresses, and doesn't want to risk losing a potential girlfriend NOR risk the reputation of the family restaurant for 1 measly night with a lip-crunching tongue-gyrating girl. For all we know, maybe the majority of their diners are from their church. I was raised in a church that had a strong sense of moral community -- if they displease their customer base by doing something the church wouldn't approve of, it could hurt business.
    I don't know that his family would have to inform him what happens on the final 3 date, unless he has *never* watched the show before, which I just think is unlikely. If his parents watched the show prior to this season, he probably did as well. I do think it's possible that even though they liked Ashley (or seemed to) on the HTD, perhaps the real possibility hit them that their son might be the "chosen one," and maybe they had a big talk about him becoming engaged to someone outside their religion. We don't know how important that is to them ... maybe it is, maybe not. If it is, that could have influenced his decision to back out before the Fantasy Suite overnighter, or maybe he just realized he didn't care for her enough to continue. Constantine was always a big "meh" to me. I don't know what the attraction was in the first place for Ashley other than that she liked his hair.

I agree with nanaramaabout the restaurant. I lived in that area for more than 20 years and am familiar with Giorgio's. It's a very popular place that I am sure does not depend on business from any one church or religious group. Lots of people I knew went there from all over the area. It's very well-known.

wonder if he will eventually turn up on BP?
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
    wonder if he will eventually turn up on BP?
    I would say he's not that sleazy but then I remembered that that's what I had thought of Ames.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast