Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Re: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    I just hope this guy got paid extra for selling himself to the producers that I have a feeling forced him into the bad guy role. Who believes this wasnt a setup? Ashely conveniently gets a preshow text about Bentley...Bentley outdoes himself being a major jerk...ABC gets a late night Ashley interview about the jerk. Puh-lease!
    I still don't believe the producers ever force a perfectly nice guy into the bad guy role. They may decide to target a certain individual based on comments the person has made during casting (and/or possibly the results of some of the psychological testing they take) that indicate a propensity toward shady behavior and less than sincere motivations. I think Bentley came into the show very cocky and full of himself, thinking he was "the smartest guy in the room" who couldn't be cowed by some stupid show, and the producers played innocent, fed his ego, nodded, encouraged his bragging, and in essence gave him the shovel to dig his own grave, knowing they could edit his comments however they wanted.

What bothers me is why he thought it would be Emily? If he watched the show he would know that Emily accepted Brad's ring and was not available. This has been sticking in my craw for awhile.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Wasn't the finale March 14th and she started filming the following week? So the guys may have gone through the gamut of tests, thinking it was Emily, only to finally be cast and hear that it was Ashley. I *think* that's the way it happened...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

You could be right. If they were aware of show gossip while being cast, they could have thought (as a lot of us did) that Chantal would be the F1 and Emily available.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't know if I saw through Bentley since we were privy to his PI's or what but every time he opened his mouth, I thought "he's lying, can't you see it?". He seems like a typical player, just manipulating the woman and laughing behind her back (have dated a few myself). Of course, I am Ashley's age x2 and may have been more naive when I was her age so I might have acted the same (or worse) if it were me on that show. The thing I found "cool" about Bentley was that he decided he wanted out instead of continuing to lead her on. I am not sure why he went on & on at the goodbye and "treated her like he was interested in her". I just can't believe she felt he was F1 after two weeks...I guess there is so much we don't know. I hope she acts less "desperate" to the rest of the guys. She has plenty of time to fall in love. Get a career going, Ash, then start seriously looking for love in about 5-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    I hope she acts less "desperate" to the rest of the guys. She has plenty of time to fall in love.
    Yeah, what I didn't like about this turn of events is the way Ashley made herself look SOOO dumb about a guy, and so desperate. It was a big turnoff for me. I will try to catch the remaining shows, but my attitude toward her has changed because of the stupid way she responded to all Bentley's lines and all his maneuvers. Watching a desperate person isn't good entertainment.

She needs to keep her head in the game and be a realist. These guys aren't there to be a pawn in her mapped-out 5-week plan to attain a husband. She's an overachiever who needs to learn that she can't plan other people's lives the way she plans her own. If love happens, she is only an ingredient to it, not the script-writer. Hopefully she can enjoy the process and let it happen.
    moflan likes this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Oh please. Local news here just showed intereviews with Bentley's best friend and ex-wife. Both of them said Bentley is a great guy and that's just his sense of humor. That we just didn't "get it". Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    ...interviews with Bentley's best friend and ex-wife. Both of them said Bentley is a great guy and that's just his sense of humor...
    Uggh! Exactly how many women out there have no respect for themselves?

And more importantly, what can we do when our kids are young to teach them to guard against people who show this kind of disrespect?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Oh please. Local news here just showed intereviews with Bentley's best friend and ex-wife. Both of them said Bentley is a great guy and that's just his sense of humor. That we just didn't "get it". Hmmm.
    sorry but from my point of view what he did was heap emotional abuse on her....and I don't consider that as a sense of humor I consider it abuse and ABC should be deeply ashamed of themselves for allowing it to go on....I mean would they allow a man to stay on the show if he slapped one of the girls...and for those that have been there emotional abuse is much worse than a psycial hit any day
    fireflyer and jjinkc like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Physical abuse is shocking but emotional abuse is grinding; especially when it is coated as humor. Maybe that is why I couldn't stand the guy when I first heard him speak. Been there, experienced that.
    Pippa47 likes this.

Closed Thread