Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Re: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

I hope its okay to post this question...if not..mods I do apologize and please remove it but I was just wondering if anyone including Bentley or any of his friends and/or family came out to his defense????
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    The reason why I came up with this theory is because he really went to extreme lengths to woo her. I know he kept saying it was a challenge, but the other thing that bothered me was how much time he spent with her saying good-bye. Including a last look back after she shut the door. It was just too much. At that point, why keep trying?
    Maybe. But I think it much more likely he was hoping to have sex with her before he left. Yes, I do think he's that much of a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I have a thought. Hear me out. And this is 100% speculation on my part. I know nothing. Is it possible: 1. That Bentley really did give it a chance with Ashley, but decided to leave because he wasn't feeling it and missed his daughter. No PI's of interest were filmed. 2. After Ashley was so heartbroken, and no villains were stepping up to the plate, TPTB contacted Bentley and asked if he would like the role, with the offer of $$$ to tempt him. All he'd have to do is film some PI's with him saying some unkind things about Ashley. And he accepted and gave them LOTS to work with. The reason why I came up with this theory is because he really went to extreme lengths to woo her. I know he kept saying it was a challenge, but the other thing that bothered me was how much time he spent with her saying good-bye. Including a last look back after she shut the door. It was just too much. At that point, why keep trying? He took himself out of the running for more roses. Was it to keep his options open in case he could come back? If he really felt like he did in those PI's, then give the guy an Oscar. He used every moment of camera time trying to make her believe he really was into her, even up to the end. I know there are evil and/or self-centered people in the world. Is Bentley really one of them, or a pawn for Fleiss?
    I see you and I are thinking alike. He certainly went to extremes, with all the smack he was shown to say. I too wondered why it had to take so long to say goodbye. Why bother with someone that's not your taste. When they were hugging Ashley had let go but Bentley held on. My theory is, that he never had any intentions of falling for her, but it was happening to him, and the way he could avoid that, was to get the heck out of town. Sometimes you fall in your own ditch. He certainly was Fleiss pawn. If he only wanted to get laid, as someone put it, he could have waited for the FD, I pretty sure smooth operator could have managed to accomplish that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The applicants have to go through psychological testing as part of their screening to be a contestant. Surely they have ways to screen for personality disorders that would be harmful such as Narcissistic or Sociopath. How did Bentley get through?
    Do we know if they are screening personality disorders out....or in? Because I don't think I have ever looked at the cast of this show and thought "Wow, what a nice looking group of mentally-healthy young people!"

My take? They are all, as always, acting their part -- which, of course, doesn't preclude any of them from also being sick. In my opinion, a very high percentage of every cast is both.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted View Post
    I haven't had a chance to read through the threads, forgive me if this has been asked and answered somewhere! Does anyone know what Ashley meant in her blog about Bentley, that it wouldn't be the last time we see him?
    I don't know but I've been wondering the same thing too!

ETA - IF he comes back then I will believe that TPTB put him up to this for the drama and shame on them! He left no doubt that he wasn't interested in Ashley in any way other than a hook-up. There should be NO reason for us to see him again unless they wanted to create more havoc in her head...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted View Post
    I haven't had a chance to read through the threads, forgive me if this has been asked and answered somewhere! Does anyone know what Ashley meant in her blog about Bentley, that it wouldn't be the last time we see him?
    I assume that it means Fleiss brought him back in for a visit or something at some point.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I hope its okay to post this question...if not..mods I do apologize and please remove it but I was just wondering if anyone including Bentley or any of his friends and/or family came out to his defense????
    nope

I heard on Access Hollywood (I think it was that show!) had an interview with his ex wife - and its to be continued today -

also Ryan Seacrest did interview on radio Chris H about Bentley - basically Chris said Ashley had more info on Bentley than anyone on any season, they did not show Ashley his clips he was saying things about her - a previous Bach texted her and warned her - but she was determined to use that "clean slate"

so not sure, but thats what I remember

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I don't know if it's okay to reply with this info or not, but I happened on an individual's blog who says she knows him. For what it's worth, she and her friends were "Team Bentley" (I think they may work for or with him) and said that the truth would come out that he wasn't the bad guy he was shown on the show.

My opinion is somewhere in the middle. I don't think he's an innocent angel but I have watched enough reality tv to know that they have no hesitation to slice and dice PI's and edit the utter life out of people to create drama and make them conform to the role they want played. Remember the season years ago that one of the rejected girls was leaving without a rose and wouldn't cry. She said later that they finally started talking about her Grandmother who'd died. That brought the tears and they were able to continue filming her PI with her showing appropriate distress.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I see you and I are thinking alike. He certainly went to extremes, with all the smack he was shown to say. I too wondered why it had to take so long to say goodbye. Why bother with someone that's not your taste. When they were hugging Ashley had let go but Bentley held on. My theory is, that he never had any intentions of falling for her, but it was happening to him, and the way he could avoid that, was to get the heck out of town. Sometimes you fall in your own ditch. He certainly was Fleiss pawn. If he only wanted to get laid, as someone put it, he could have waited for the FD, I pretty sure smooth operator could have managed to accomplish that.
    I agree with your theory because he does have the expression of someone that can't believe that he's actually falling for someone that he originally wasn't going to fall for & he looked like a deer caught in highlights. That's my take on his BLF. However that still doesn't excuse or explain why he said the hurtful things he said about Ashley in PI's or even told her there might be a dot dot dot when he had no intention of coming back. Hopefully he will realise how hurtful they were to Ashley and apologise to her later in the future.
    Last edited by kelad9; 06-08-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I don't know but I've been wondering the same thing too!

ETA - IF he comes back then I will believe that TPTB put him up to this for the drama and shame on them! He left no doubt that he wasn't interested in Ashley in any way other than a hook-up. There should be NO reason for us to see him again unless they wanted to create more havoc in her head...

They did the same thing with Ed on Jillian's season. Only difference is he didn't say on the show that he wasn't into Jill - but he did tell others. Then they brought him back - just another recycled idea.