Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Re: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    I think many of the men, and women for that matter, come on shows like this for their own selfish reasons. It's just that a chosen few are picked by TPTB to be the villains (for drama and entertainment sake) This, of course, is just my opinion
    Not just yours. I don't waste my time cutting these peoples down. It just a show. TPTB will have villians every season and whatever length it takes to accomplish that, they will do. Why? To get us doing what we are doing, talk about the show. None of the villians are worst than the others on the show, just that they were chosen to be the villian. I saw Bentley as a human, even with all that smack he was talking, because that's all it was, smack.
    cavendish and Babycakee like this.

The applicants have to go through psychological testing as part of their screening to be a contestant. Surely they have ways to screen for personality disorders that would be harmful such as Narcissistic or Sociopath. How did Bentley get through?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The applicants have to go through psychological testing as part of their screening to be a contestant. Surely they have ways to screen for personality disorders that would be harmful such as Narcissistic or Sociopath. How did Bentley get through?
    Sociopaths often don't get caught in those sorts of screenings because they're such good liars and have no guilt about their behavior.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Besides, I don't necessarily see Bentley as having a mental disease. I see many guys on a daily basis who act JUST like him... self-absorbed, insensitive, only concerned about appearances and what the female can give them. And they view it as completely normal behavior since all their colleagues behave that way too.

It's common in our business (a high-risk job that attracts adventure-seekers and requires top conditioning). Nothing has a bigger ego than a male thrill-seeker with good muscles.

I would like to think that Bentley is completely abnormal. But unfortunately, I work with a lot of Bentleys. There is no shortage of men who don't respect women.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I have a thought. Hear me out. And this is 100% speculation on my part. I know nothing.

Is it possible:
    1. That Bentley really did give it a chance with Ashley, but decided to leave because he wasn't feeling it and missed his daughter. No PI's of interest were filmed.
    2. After Ashley was so heartbroken, and no villains were stepping up to the plate, TPTB contacted Bentley and asked if he would like the role, with the offer of $$$ to tempt him. All he'd have to do is film some PI's with him saying some unkind things about Ashley. And he accepted and gave them LOTS to work with.

The reason why I came up with this theory is because he really went to extreme lengths to woo her. I know he kept saying it was a challenge, but the other thing that bothered me was how much time he spent with her saying good-bye. Including a last look back after she shut the door. It was just too much. At that point, why keep trying? He took himself out of the running for more roses. Was it to keep his options open in case he could come back? If he really felt like he did in those PI's, then give the guy an Oscar. He used every moment of camera time trying to make her believe he really was into her, even up to the end.

I know there are evil and/or self-centered people in the world. Is Bentley really one of them, or a pawn for Fleiss?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I have a thought. Hear me out. And this is 100% speculation on my part. I know nothing.

Is it possible:
    1. That Bentley really did give it a chance with Ashley, but decided to leave because he wasn't feeling it and missed his daughter. No PI's of interest were filmed.
    2. After Ashley was so heartbroken, and no villains were stepping up to the plate, TPTB contacted Bentley and asked if he would like the role, with the offer of $$$ to tempt him. All he'd have to do is film some PI's with him saying some unkind things about Ashley. And he accepted and gave them LOTS to work with.

The reason why I came up with this theory is because he really went to extreme lengths to woo her. I know he kept saying it was a challenge, but the other thing that bothered me was how much time he spent with her saying good-bye. Including a last look back after she shut the door. It was just too much. At that point, why keep trying? He took himself out of the running for more roses. Was it to keep his options open in case he could come back? If he really felt like he did in those PI's, then give the guy an Oscar. He used every moment of camera time trying to make her believe he really was into her, even up to the end.

I know there are evil and/or self-centered people in the world. Is Bentley really one of them, or a pawn for Fleiss?
    But then why go through such extreme lengths to woo Ashley (including leading her to believe there might even be a future for them, ie, dot, dot, dot) if he was never feeling it with her? The only plausible explanation for that action, assuming he really is this nice guy who made all those disparaging remarks about her later, and only at the producers' request, is that he actually WAS into her initially, but decided to leave because he was missing his daughter too much to stick it out. I'm not buying it.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

What. A. Pig.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    A pawn for Fleiss. No doubt in my mind.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

I don't think Bentley was anyone's pawn...I think he behaved the way he did to draw as much attention to himself as he possibly could...we were told he was there to promote his business and even though he never mentioned it...he drew enough attention to himself that he is the only thing everyone is talking about and curious about and I think that will draw in business to begin with just by the off chance that someone will be able to tell him exactly what they think of him..but in the end IMO it will backfire and after the initial rush the business will die down big time...

After reading CH's blog today about the things he said about Bentley since they were not nice....but a poster put a reply to his blog that was wayyyyyyyyy out left field and it was in regards to Bentley's child..and was cruel and scarey and un called for

I think IMO that there are people out there for some of Bentley's blood right now and I just hope his ex wife is keeping his daughter out of the line of fire...

no matter how much of an A hole this guy is the innocent child doesn't deserve to be caught in the cross fire

you know you reap what you sow and Bentley made his bed and now he has to lie in it..he's a grown man and I really and trully don't think he was paid or anyone's pawn ..I think he did exactly what he set out to do and that was get his 15 minutes and make sure everyone would be talking about it and wanting to find out more once he left and he seems to be getting what he wanted....I just hope he can handle it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I haven't had a chance to read through the threads, forgive me if this has been asked and answered somewhere! Does anyone know what Ashley meant in her blog about Bentley, that it wouldn't be the last time we see him?

Closed Thread