Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    He is not even that good looking
    That's what I don't get either. To me, there's nothing even remotely attractive about him - and that was before he even opened his mouth. I guess I could be nice and say that he has straight teeth?

I hope he's stocking up on food this weekend. The way CH makes it sound, this guy's going to need to stay inside his house for a good, long time after Monday night...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    As for the comparison to Wes, at least Wes had the decency (tongue in cheek) to let everyone there know he was there to promote his music.

And if Bentley is there to promote his business, he is coming off very smarmy.
    I have trouble granting any leniency to Wes for his agenda just because he came out and announced his reason for being there. I don't see much "decency" in that. There are slime-balls out there and Wes and Bently are two fine examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    TV Watch News : People.com
    Follow the link to a People online interview (posted 6-2-11) with Chris Harrison regarding the "situation" and how production handled it.

It talks about the show for Monday, 6/6/11 so may contain spoilers for those who wish to be wary.
    I always assumed Ashley was young and naive but this article makes her seem almost pathetic. Am I wrong or did it imply that she refused to recognize the snake that Bently is, even when pointed out?....and that she was an entirely different person after this situation? Is she made of spun glass? Is she a child who found out there is no Santa Claus? They make her seem as though, in this day and age, someone could be so devasted by the fact that their first impression of someone was totally wrong.
    I can see that she's insecure and doesn't consider herself to be in the same league as Deanna, Ali, & other beautiful Bachelorettes of the past but I hate to think this devasted her so much, so early in the game/show.
    Or have I just fallen for their latest ploy??

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I have trouble granting any leniency to Wes for his agenda just because he came out and announced his reason for being there. I don't see much "decency" in that. There are slime-balls out there and Wes and Bently are two fine examples.

In Wes' defense, he never crudely insulted Jillian behind her back or talked with glee about relishing the opportunity to break her heart. On the slime-ball meter, Bentley outpaces Wes by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    In whose mind is Bentley good looking? Even if he didnt open his mouth he is still not good looking. His skull is a funny shape and his hair is goofy. His mouth is too narrow. He is a five at best.
    He isn't a bit good looking. I wouldn't give him a five.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I always assumed Ashley was young and naive but this article makes her seem almost pathetic. Am I wrong or did it imply that she refused to recognize the snake that Bently is, even when pointed out?....and that she was an entirely different person after this situation? Is she made of spun glass? Is she a child who found out there is no Santa Claus? They make her seem as though, in this day and age, someone could be so devasted by the fact that their first impression of someone was totally wrong.
    I can see that she's insecure and doesn't consider herself to be in the same league as Deanna, Ali, & other beautiful Bachelorettes of the past but I hate to think this devasted her so much, so early in the game/show.
    Or have I just fallen for their latest ploy??

Haven't read the article yet, but I'd have to say Ali was cute, but not at all beautiful, IMO.
    I think all the Bettes have been attractive and I'd include Ashley in the bunch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    In Wes' defense, he never crudely insulted Jillian behind her back or talked with glee about relishing the opportunity to break her heart. On the slime-ball meter, Bentley outpaces Wes by a wide margin.
    No, you're right, he didn't crudely insult Jill like Bently as done Ashley but I just meant that a slime ball is a slime ball. Just like a murderer is a murderer, whether he killed 1 person or 2 people. I don't extend any mercy to Wes just because he wasn't as bad as Bently.

They both disregarded the premise of the show for their own opportunistic selfish reasons. So I hold them both accountable, not whether one was worse than the other.
    Sorry if I seem a little vehement but these guys really make me angry.

I think many of the men, and women for that matter, come on shows like this for their own selfish reasons. It's just that a chosen few are picked by TPTB to be the villains (for drama and entertainment sake) This, of course, is just my opinion
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    In whose mind is Bentley good looking? Even if he didnt open his mouth he is still not good looking. His skull is a funny shape and his hair is goofy. His mouth is too narrow. He is a five at best.
    Aww, bless your heart for being so generous. But I agree...he is not attractive. She has some real cuties who are real gentlemen with their acts together. The only thing I can come up with as to why she digs him is that she thinks she can change him. Women fall into that trap all the time.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    I think many of the men, and women for that matter, come on shows like this for their own selfish reasons. It's just that a chosen few are picked by TPTB to be the villains (for drama and entertainment sake) This, of course, is just my opinion
    You are entirely correct. They need a villain. The person playing the role (yes, I said playing), knows what the scoop is. They know it will gain them notoriety. Now if they can only stand the heat, from outraged fans who take all this too seriously, is another thing. Maybe they have a bit of mean streak in them, if they don't mind the negative publicity.

No, you're right, he didn't crudely insult Jill like Bently as done Ashley but I just meant that a slime ball is a slime ball. Just like a murderer is a murderer, whether he killed 1 person or 2 people. I don't extend any mercy to Wes just because he wasn't as bad as Bently.

They both disregarded the premise of the show for their own opportunistic selfish reasons. So I hold them both accountable, not whether one was worse than the other.
    Sorry if I seem a little vehement but these guys really make me angry.

ICAM. Funny how peeps were all over Wes, and now that we have Bentley to hold up beside him Wes looks better - he doesn't. In my book they're both opporuntistic scum. Wes had no intention of a relationship with Jillian, as he said over and over again, and was only there for his career. Let's not forget what he said at the F4 RC - he told the guys he'd be back at home having lots of sex. He was just as disrespectful to Jill as Bentley is to Ash.
    Last edited by anders332; 06-06-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Closed Thread