Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

It does rather mesh with her fear that guys were looking forward to Emily or Chantal. My question would be...once he hit LA for the seclusion and briefing part of the process just before the show, surely he knew it was Ashley and could have, at that time, withdrawn. But, if his ex-wife is correct, he is there to promote his new business venture. Irony is that they haven't shown peep one about his business. He's probably for real, but his disappointment was too real and he was prodded to talk about it and that was shown.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have this feeling that Emily would have seen right through this jerk. Although, sociopath might be more precise than jerk.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I feel sorry for his daughter even though she is too young to know what is going on..but you know someday down the road someone will show her..what else is there to say about this guy other than he is the biggest jerk I think they have ever had on the show....Wes looks like an angel compared to this guy

I wish I knew how to quote multiple people, because ITA with just about everyone.

As for the comparison to Wes, at least Wes had the decency (tongue in cheek) to let everyone there know he was there to promote his music.

And if Bentley is there to promote his business, he is coming off very smarmy. NOT someone I would do business with.

What we see of Bentley may or may not be slightly "tweaked" in the editing room by the producers to make him "the biggest villian" the show has ever had. Isn't that what Chris Harrison is saying about him? So, think of it this way. What if Bentley and the masked man were not on the show right now? How boring would that be? Just judging from the first two episodes the only other character on the show that caused any buzz was the dude who got drunk and fell asleep.

But back to Bentley. I tend to think that he is a paid participant....that they needed someone to spice up this season. Without him and the masked man there would be very little to talk about these first two weeks. It is hard for me to believe that those two weren't picked by the producers to play a part.

FORT Fogey

Maybe I'm naive, but who in their right mind would want to "play" this part for money? Guy would have to be really desperate to put his family, his business, and his reputation on the line this way. Just my humble opinion.

FORT Fanatic

I think that our dear Bentley is auditioning for a spot on "The Bachelor Pad". I bet there is more long term money in that show than in "The Bachelor".

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

TV Watch News : People.com
    Follow the link to a People online interview (posted 6-2-11) with Chris Harrison regarding the "situation" and how production handled it.

It talks about the show for Monday, 6/6/11 so may contain spoilers for those who wish to be wary.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    TV Watch News : People.com
    Follow the link to a People online interview (posted 6-2-11) with Chris Harrison regarding the "situation" and how production handled it.

It talks about the show for Monday, 6/6/11 so may contain spoilers for those who wish to be wary.
    Hmmmm...because we know CH is aways truthful, right? I don't know. I do agree with whoever said that the season would pretty much be a snooze if not for drunk guy, mask guy, and douche-bag. What would we be talking about? Yes, I think Bentley is a jerk, but tptb are thrilled and egging him on for the most effect. I'm not sure if he was actually hired to play a part, but it is suspicious to me the way everything is unfolding.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    What we see of Bentley may or may not be slightly "tweaked" in the editing room by the producers to make him "the biggest villian" the show has ever had.
    What's the old adage? You can edit in a bad personality.

I don't think there's any way the things Bentley is saying could be taken IN context and still not add up to him being a complete and total sleaze.

I'd like to think that his behavior on this show will make him undateable, but I'm sure there are dumb women out there who will go after him because of his treatment of Ashley.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Pretty black and white to me. Bentley said what he said. No editing needed. The guy's either a jerk or an idiot. Likely both.

Closed Thread