Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Re: BENTLEY *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I read the People article this weekend, which had Ashley on the cover. There was a note in the article that said the producers would not make Bentley available for comment. Remember they all sign a contract. Sure, there have been plenty who have come out and put their side out there, contract or not, and thus far at least, the producers have not filed suit against them or taken any other actions, that we know of - but Bentley has a kid, and maybe that was enough ammunition for him to not be willing to risk it. There were comments from a friend, basically defending him. I know the producers can't make gold from c**p, which means Bentley had to give them some material to work with. But I found it strange, not that Bentley didn't want to comment in the article, but that the producers wouldn't make him available. Especially knowing from past seasons what the producers are capable of - me personally, I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. The other thing that really sticks in my craw about him - if he was all about winning and all about making the show look stupid, then why leave? Ashley made it pretty clear he was the front runner, so he would have been around for quite a while. Why did he do the honorable thing and leave - especially right after it became clear just HOW into him she was? I don't know - something about this whole situation doesn't add up. I will be interested to see him on the MTA - and what happens when he comes back.
    I suspect he decided to leave after Ashley mentioned Michelle's warning to him, combined with not getting the group date rose. The former situation concerned him that maybe he would be found out (by producers) and then humiliated, the latter made him realize that he wasn't going to "win" everything, and the "game" maybe wouldn't be as easy and as much fun as he thought. And I will also give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he really did miss his daughter somewhat, but admitting that would take away from the evil genius persona he (or the producers) was going for.

I'm not surprised he is not allowed to speak to the media yet. It's been confirmed by many sources, including CH, that he returns to the show (I assume this isn't a spoiler, as it's been repeated so many times in mainstream publications), so his story is not done. Ed wasn't "available" for interviews either after he left "for work", because they knew he was coming back. And Reid had a "prior engagement" and missed the MTA that season as well. It's pretty much the same thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    I suspect we will see Bentley on Bachelor Pad. Considering last year's show, it seems like the perfect spot for him.

And isn't it funny how this bad boy, heavily edited or not, has garnered more attention than all the rest of the Bachelors on Ashley's show? What does this say, people?
    Right what does that say. We talk about TPTB and their tricks all the time, yet every season, they fall for it again. They're doing a great job at what they do.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Right what does that say. We talk about TPTB and their tricks all the time, yet every season, they fall for it again. They're doing a great job at what they do.
    Yes, we know what TPTB are doing and almost "expect" the tricks. Then we comment on them.....and still we watch!!

FORT Fanatic

There is something about this whole situation that screams set-up.

Go with me a minute. (and I am sure it's not the case.)

But I almost feel like Bentley and Ashley met before the show, started dating, and this is a ruse. (sp?)
    Because I can't believe she was that invested in him, in such little time. Especially since she was warned ahead of time. I mean I completely think that Ashley is insecure and immature. But she put all her eggs in a basket with a hole in it and there is something about the voiceovers when she talks about him that doesn't sound sincere.

But what do I know.

The Bentley/Ashley situation is not adding up to most of us.
    I may be an old and (hopefully) wise woman but I have learned that when many people have the same feeling that something isn't quite right, then it's not right.

As Douglas Adams once said, "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.”
    People have instincts and when you have a lot of people "feeling" the same thing, there's a very good chance something is up.
    I hope the truth comes out because I don't like being manipulated. I'm perfectly fine w/watching one person (bachelor or bachelorette) going thru a ritual to find true love (or possible love). But lay off the tricks and behind the scene schemes. I don't need them nor do I want them.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

FORT Newbie

I am so mad he is coming back!

FORT Fan

I'm sick of Bentley's ugly plaid shirts and looking like he hasn't showered in a week. What was Ashley thinking?? With someone as hot as JP and so many other hotter guys WHY was she hung up on him of all people...a-hole or not. I mean I would have thought some of the other guys would be players, not someone yucky like Bentley. How is he a player when he's unattractive and smelly looking and doesn't have a neck.
    NEPASue likes this.

LOL Where's your effing neck??? Sorry that just made me laugh from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" when they were always asking where's your effing neck??? But I agree, he is one of those ski bum looking guys that always needs a shower needs to blow his nose and never buys new clothes and if he does it's the same ones he already has, no social skill or decorum would use words like awesome, gnarly, dude for lack of vocabulary and would NEVER fit into her world. She would lower herself to be in his and another fine woman bites the dust. She passes up Chris, Ben C and all the others for this??? OY VEY... Would probably also have a roving eye for women that look more like Emily, Ashley's accomplishments would mean nothing to a guy like him.
    NEPASue and Columbia, MD like this.

I don't know which one is worse. I would be totally shocked if Bently showed his face on Men Tell All. But he'll be just like Justin, another coward..
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 06-23-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

FORT Regular

Maybe Ashley likes him because he reminds her of Mark Ruffalo. She thinks she's in a Rom-Com with him

The thing that really gets me about the show begging Bently going to China is now the d-bag is going to think he's even hotter and more awesomer all thanks to Ashley's insecurity.
    moflan likes this.

Closed Thread