Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

AMES *No Spoilers*

Ames, 31, a portfolio manager from New York, NY

What is your most embarrassing moment? I had a teacher walk in on me while I was hooking up in boarding school.

If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you bring and why? Paper + pen to design tools/plan. A Tolstoy novel because they take forever to understand.

Do you consider yourself athletic? Yes. I work out with a trainer 6 times every week.

What do you wish we had asked you? I love to wear a tuxedo. I can tie a bowtie perfectly while blindfolded.

Tattoo Count: 0
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-02-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

WHAT? Hooking up at Boarding School? I hope it was coed.

Sucky bio...paper and pen to design tools (out of what?) and plan...then what, sit around and look at the plans?

He doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the box.

I can't even decide if he's cute.

I like this guy. We haven't got to see very much of him yet but he's a looker
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

He is also east coast preppy. Will that appeal to Ashley?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He is also east coast preppy. Will that appeal to Ashley?
    Naw -- she seems to go for manipulative jerks.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

LOL. Ellen you hit the nail on the head (regarding what she likes)!

Yeah, this guy looks preppy, maybe also timid? He looked so red on TV last night.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

[QUOTE=fireflyer;

Yeah, this guy looks preppy, maybe also timid? He looked so red on TV last night.[/QUOTE]

And very shiny!!!

So, this whole time, I've kinda equated Ames with Frankenstein. And tonight their date started, and he was such a perfect Ken Doll that I almost got a little sugary-sickness.

Then tonight out of the blue, he snuck into my heart. And when he said "a tunnel whose width could barely afford the canoe", I realized I'd fallen in love with him.

Strange, huh?
    His intellect was a real turn-on.

The downside of the date: Right before the commercial, Ashley's P.I. mentioned Bentley AGAIN. Right after commercial, 2 MORE mentions of Bentley.
    *&^$#(*&^$!!!!

At the end of the date my heart sunk... it was such a charming evening, yet it ended without a kiss. Crap. He's now in the top of her FRIENDS bucket.

I enjoyed his P.I. where he said Ashley made him realize he had a sense of humor. giggle

FORT Newbie

Be still my heart! I dub Ames the most articulate bachelor ever. When he used the word other worldly instead of the well worn "awesome" to describe the landscape.I thought this guy is special. To me nothing is more of a turn on than an intelligent man and Ames has it in spades.

FORT Fogey

Actually Ames seems European to me. Only when I heard him say where he grew up did I realize that he really was American. At the rose ceremony, all the men were in suits, Ames had on brown trousers and a suit jacket. That is class. Though the rose ceremony is formal, it is not THAT formal to be donning a suit etc.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast