Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

Out of curiousity, I Googled Ames and Yowza! He's some kind of guy!

Aside from the (at least one) board that he sits on and the degrees that he's earned and his athletic accomplishments, he's also seen on the NYC society pages. Not that that makes one a great person, but what in the WORLD is this guy doing on TB?????????????

I've thought for a long time that he is an seeker of different experiences. Not dissimilar to a "thrill-seeker", but instead of "thrills", he seeks experiences that are out of his normal world. Why? I don't know. Is it merely a personality quirk? Or is he fascinated with show business at the moment, and next year it will be elephant training (or something!)? We'll probably never find out.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Out of curiousity, I Googled Ames and Yowza! He's some kind of guy!

Aside from the (at least one) board that he sits on and the degrees that he's earned and his athletic accomplishments, he's also seen on the NYC society pages. Not that that makes one a great person, but what in the WORLD is this guy doing on TB?????????????
    For reals!

I suspect that Ames was recruited to the show much like Ed. I have no proof of that. Since the show is predominantly viewed by women, I also think that women inundate the show's mailbox with applications whereas they have to hunt for the guys. Many a story reads that a guy ended up on the show after a mom, friend, co-worker submitted an application for them. That was what happened with Reid, Wes, and Chris L, at least. Many of the guys, esp. the more fascinating ones, are probably hunted by the show, which is why they end up in the F4. Don't the F4 get some type of reimbursement?

As for Ames, I'm so grateful that he agreed to do the show. He's seriously awesome based on everything we've seen. For as much as I can't entirely understand the reasons that "normal" people would do this show, I understand if he chalked it up as another fun experience to be had during a rather unstable economic situation. If anything, he'd reap the rewards of his notoriety in new portfolio clients Nowadays, the self-promotion and career benefits (usually) seem like the major motivation for agreeing to this show.

With its massive appeal, the show must attract a much different sector of people since Melissa Rycroft became a celebrity. I wonder about the differences not only in the caliber of people who apply but the selection process. If ever a producer writes a book about the show's secrets, I'm totally reading it
    Columbia, MD likes this.

FORT Fogey

To be honest, because Ames is still in the picture, I cannot come straight out and say another is the F1. He is getting the F1 edit. But I realize last year I had the same issue with Shawntel. It was between Shawntel and Emily. Though I knew by episode 3 that Chantal was not F1, I had to wait till F4/F3 to identify Emily as the clear F1. If Ames goes past F3, he might be the F1 for all we know.

It just crushed me when Ames said he considered himself somewhat of an outcast at boarding school and it was jolting seeing him realize that Ashley had chosen to give the last rose to Constantine over him. The steamroller really hit me, though, when he was so emotionally vulnerable - while maintaining a state of being so articulately expressive - as he said goodbye to her and while sitting in the limo.

The rest of Ashley’s season will be dimmed considerably without Ames-ims to illuminate and add depth and texture to even the most mundane of moments.

Bye, Ames…
    Minney, Arielflies, kateb and 8 others like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    It just crushed me when Ames said he considered himself somewhat of an outcast at boarding school and it was jolting seeing him realize that Ashley had chosen to give the last rose to Constantine over him. The steamroller really hit me, though, when he was so emotionally vulnerable - while maintaining a state of being so articulately expressive - as he said goodbye to her and while sitting in the limo.

The rest of Ashley’s season will be dimmed considerably without Ames-ims to illuminate and add depth and texture to even the most mundane of moments.

Bye, Ames…
    I said in another thread.He was the reason I tuned in, such a delight. I will miss him

FORT Fogey

I wish Ames could clone himself, age about 25 years, and come knock on my door! I love his thoughtfulness, optimism, intelligence, sweetness, vulnerability, and calm nature. He's the kind of man whose presence in your life would motivate you to be the best you can be. It would be an honor to share your life with such a person. <<sigh>> I don't even care about the rest of the season without Ames. I think Ashley treated him badly, especially when she didn't end that group date and go to the hospital with him when he got hurt in that stupid fight. That whole "date" was so beneath him that it wasn't even remotely entertaining or interesting.
    Katydyd, murphytoo, JavaJo and 1 others like this.

For me, I loved how he could feel romance in every day things.Ash wanted big romantic gestures, thats not what Ames is about.She didnt get that, and, in away, I am glad he wasnt chosen.Having to prove lavish' romance , and I am not a romantic, is a chore.Its always the smaller things that count in the end. Empty my dishwasher, bring me morning espresso in bed, and I am very happy.

Yes, agreed Ames will be missed! He is such a quality guy, someone that will show the woman he loves an exciting adventure in life. Ashley couldn't see that though and I know they weren't even close to being right for eachother. I agree too that she didn't treat him very well, actually I don't think she's treated many of the guys that well... but thats another topic! Ames just intrigues me and I can't wait to hear some interviews from him and hope he's doing ok now that the show has ended!
    navybelle and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    He's the kind of man whose presence in your life would motivate you to be the best you can be. It would be an honor to share your life with such a person. <<sigh>> I don't even care about the rest of the season without Ames. I think Ashley treated him badly, especially when she didn't end that group date and go to the hospital with him when he got hurt in that stupid fight. That whole "date" was so beneath him that it wasn't even remotely entertaining or interesting.
    AV - loved this thought stream, especially the bolded. The best relationships are between people who alternately lift each other up - and in an Ashley/Ames relationship, she would have always been the liftee and never the lifter. That fight date - she had one of the few chances someone like her could ever have to give a lift to Ames, and she blew it outright. Almost anyone would have known that date was just wrong, and as you said best, it was beneath Ames.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Closed Thread