Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

I agree with everyone who is loving how arcticulate Ames is! Next bachelor indeed.

I was impressed and slightly shocked with the elevator scene last night. He deserves someone more secure than Ashley, in my opinion.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I agree with everyone who is loving how arcticulate Ames is! Next bachelor indeed.

I was impressed and slightly shocked with the elevator scene last night. He deserves someone more secure than Ashley, in my opinion.
    Watching him kissing Ashley last night put the "icing on the cake" in my humble opinion. He is the total package!!
    Cornholio and 1dog2kids like this.

Ames just keeps getting better and better. So cute when the elevator door unexpectedly opened! Haven't liked a guy this much since Reid Rosenthal.

Personally, I found that kiss really awkward.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

The "Elevator Kiss" gave me chills - in a good way. I'm soooooooo loving Ames!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Did anyone catch the "Ames-ism" when he talked with Ashley about fairytales not being as simple as we'd like them to be? It was classic Ames!
    alizarules, kateb and Columbia, MD like this.

Yep yep, he does come out with the most interesting things. I thought the kiss was awkward, too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Did anyone catch the "Ames-ism" when he talked with Ashley about fairytales not being as simple as we'd like them to be? It was classic Ames!
    *said in his most scholarly voice* "I suppose that we would all prefer our fairy tales to be simple. But they're not. And life isn't as simple as we would have hoped. In fact, that's why it's beautiful."

I also loved how he called the Red Dragon team's outfits "amusing, but we're not here to be flashy."

Seriously, narrator for my life. With Ames, it'd be even better than Stranger than Fiction

FORT Fan

He's certainly charming and witty, but that kiss was AWKWARD and he's just a little too metrosexual for me.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778 View Post
    He's certainly charming and witty, but that kiss was AWKWARD and he's just a little too metrosexual for me.
    I totally agree. He's more the kind of person I'd like to be friends with as opposed to being someone I'd be physically attracted to.
    Also, there is a middle ground between someone asking permission for a kiss and someone almost attacking you in an elevator. The view on top of the building was spectacular but the ride up there was very uncomfortable for me to watch. I like it when a kiss comes out of intensity that builds up so there isn't a question of, "is this the right time?" It's just natural.