Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

RE: my opinions from his intro - I thought he was boring and blech b/c I took his comments about his education and exploits as being very pompous and my read on him (obviously very, very wrong) was that he took himself too seriously and I don't care for people like that. We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves once in a while (or if you're me, once a day-LOL)

Maybe that's why I'm cheering Ames on b/c he's so opposite of what I thought. He had me Aww'ING when he said with wonderment that he'd made Ashley laugh. And then when Ryan mentioned that he was just.too nice and got.the pink shorts, pink boxing shorts suddenly became my favorite color for boxing shorts.

I don't think I've had a favorite guy on the show that I'm rooting for to end up with someone other than the Bach'ette but that's the way I feel here. I'm hoping he finds himself a classy lady who's not named Ashley...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I'm following you down the thread CSW and "liking" your posts. I discovered Ames the same way you did; in fact I rather dismissed him in the premiere recap as being egotistical because of his seeming to brag about his education and exploits. Boy, was I so happily surprised during the cave date. I look forward to next week to see and hear more of him...and, as we know, that is going to be a tough episode to watch. Maybe my recap will be all Ames...if only I could.
    kateb likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    . Maybe my recap will be all Ames...if only I could.
    I don't think many would complain if you did. I wouldn't!
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted View Post
    Some good Ames-isms

"The last minute is the best minute."
    "Love is always uncharted territory."
    "Navigating through these caves is like navigating a relationship, around every corner you really don't know what to expect, but often there is something beautiful."
    "Needs are shaped by where you've been."

cantstopwatchin, I agree with you that if he loses one brain cell from that dumb fight...it would be an atrocity!
    Ryv, I think we need to keep a running log of Ames-isms. Indeed!
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Re: post above -- is it possibly because Ames is one of the few men on this show who is articulate, and can make us feel he is in command of the English language, plus he is sincere?
    I have to admit Ames has really grown on me and I wouldn't have a problem with him being the next bachelor if he is not the F1 but IMO I see more of a friend connection with him and Ashley than I do romantic but they would have to do some serious recruiting because I don't see him being able to interact with the usuall bimbo's that 90% of these girls are..they would have to find professional ladies who have some culture and could carry on an actual conversation and be articulate
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

It's a funny thing that many of us had a less than favorable impression of Ames when he was first introduced. Even though I would consider him good looking, I tend to naturally gravitate towards the men who look and behave more "manly." Maybe it's a throwback to our ancestors who relied on their menfolk to slay the beasts and protect and provide for them.
    Though I still think he's a little metrosexual for my personal tastes, he has really grown on me week by week. I think he's a guy of pure class. It's a little puzzling why he would go on this show unless it was one of his last minute whims.
    sunnymicki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I have to admit Ames has really grown on me and I wouldn't have a problem with him being the next bachelor if he is not the F1 but IMO I see more of a friend connection with him and Ashley than I do romantic but they would have to do some serious recruiting because I don't see him being able to interact with the usuall bimbo's that 90% of these girls are..they would have to find professional ladies who have some culture and could carry on an actual conversation and be articulate
    Can you imagine Ames with Deanna??? Or how anbout Melissa the waitress in Brad's season??? I guess Ashley was one of the best Bachelorettes for him. Not many people that come on these shows would be a plausable match.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Can you imagine Ames with Deanna??? Or how anbout Melissa the waitress in Brad's season??? .
    No, but I could see him with Tessa or Meredith or Shawntel.....smart, classy girls. There have been a few in this franchise. Not many, but a few.
    cantstopwatchin and Cornholio like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    No, but I could see him with Tessa or Meredith or Shawntel.....smart, classy girls. There have been a few in this franchise. Not many, but a few.
    Heh. Totally agree on those three -- my all-time faves.
    JavaJo likes this.

I really like Ames - he seems like such a genuinely nice guy!! I think he'd make quite an interesting bachelor. At least he'd know what pronouns to use in his PI's. How refreshing would that be!?!
    Ellen, NEPASue, navybelle and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread