Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    I want Ames to narrate my life. He gives the most vivid descriptions of things with seeming earnestness. "Pretty much every color of the rainbow is represented in this set of uniforms." You can't help but smile.
    My sister and I were saying the same thing, how poetic this guy is... especially on their 1:1!
    What a special guy!!

Wonder what on earth his family life was like, growing up? He seems like such a "formal" dude. I like it every time he says a sentence directly to Ashley and adds "Ashley" at the end.

I hope he'll be okay from the concussion! Geez, Ryan.

I hate to make light of the situation, but he did look a little funny during his dazed-and-confused stage.

FORT Fogey

From the last episode, I see Ames more in the friend zone.

There is one thing very puzzling. Why do they show so many sc of Ames. This has been happening since episode 1 till now. An example is, at the rc, Constantine gets a rose, they show a head and shoulder sc of Ames, Lucas gets a rose, they show a head and shoulder sc of Ames, JP gets a rose, they show a head and shoulder sc of Ames, Ames gets the next rose, then Mickey gets a rose, camera pans to have Ames in the background.

The editing does not show Blake nor William nearly as often as it shows Ames. It does not even show JP nor Constantine nearly as much as it does Ames. Even JP having a PI all about Ames.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 06-23-2011 at 09:50 AM.

FORT Fogey

Re: post above -- is it possibly because Ames is one of the few men on this show who is articulate, and can make us feel he is in command of the English language, plus he is sincere?
    JLuvs likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I admit it - I'm ready to go out and buy an "I Ames" t-shirt. I adore him!!!

His intro did absolutely nothing for me - a Wall Street guy who's visited 70 countries, speaks multiple languages, and runs 28-hour marathons - blech - b.o.r.i.n.g. Then he was getting ready for his date with Ashley and I figured he'd be going home b/c surely there was no way she'd be into a guy like him.

Boy, was I so utterly and completely wrong. *I* fell for Ames during their adventure; the way he holds himself, his intelligence, his CLASS - he has them all in spades. I could just listen to him speak and be happy. He's so far above and beyond other guys that it's incredibly refreshing. This past episode, I couldn't wait to see the group date b/c he was on it and then I yelled at Ashley for not giving him the rose on that date. Poor guy - if he lost one brain cell b/c of that silly fight, I was ready to launch myself through the TV at Ashley.

I don't see Ashley with him (I don't see her with anyone for that matter) but I hope he sticks around for a while b/c I can't wait to see more of him.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

His intro did absolutely nothing for me - a Wall Street guy who's visited 70 countries, speaks multiple languages, and runs 28-hour marathons - blech - b.o.r.i.n.g. Then he was getting ready for his date with Ashley and I figured he'd be going home b/c surely there was no way she'd be into a guy like him.

Boy, was I so utterly and completely wrong. *I* fell for Ames during their adventure; the way he holds himself, his intelligence, his CLASS - he has them all in spades. I could just listen to him speak and be happy. He's so far above and beyond other guys that it's incredibly refreshing. This past episode, I couldn't wait to see the group date b/c he was on it and then I yelled at Ashley for not giving him the rose on that date. Poor guy - if he lost one brain cell b/c of that silly fight, I was ready to launch myself through the TV at Ashley.

I don't see Ashley with him (I don't see her with anyone for that matter) but I hope he sticks around for a while b/c I can't wait to see more of him.
    \
    Very refreshing. You are so funny you make me laugh.

I'm not a fan of the recycling they do but honestly, I would not be a bit disappointed if they chose Ames as the next bachelor. In fact, I'd be over the moon. I just hope that if Fleiss chose to do that he would pick a better class of girls to date him. No Natalie's or Vienna's. He needs someone like the Gwen's, Helena's and Tessa's of the franchise....he needs classy girls.
    cantstopwatchin and Cornholio like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Re: Ames as Bachelor

I agree no Vienna et al and
    no unwed teen mothers
    no fangs
    no Melissa from Florida types...and the other one who could not resist getting into cat fights with her (Rachel?). It kinda scares me that I can remember these things....but can't remember what I had for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

Great comments! Had to laugh at your opinion of Ames from the initial introduction video. I had the opposite reaction to him, was incredibly impressed with his education, life experience and the way he presented himself and spoke. He reminded me of Ian, although as cute as Ames is, Ian is in a category of his own on the HOTNESS level! A man like Ames would be an interesting partner.

He's my current favorite for next bachelor but I hate to admit this, I need to see him kiss Ashley before fully commiting to cheering him onto that role. Nothing worse than a whole season of sloppy pig-blob style kissing!

Some good Ames-isms

"The last minute is the best minute."
    "Love is always uncharted territory."
    "Navigating through these caves is like navigating a relationship, around every corner you really don't know what to expect, but often there is something beautiful."
    "Needs are shaped by where you've been."

cantstopwatchin, I agree with you that if he loses one brain cell from that dumb fight...it would be an atrocity!

Closed Thread