Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

Ames' intro video was rather focused on me me me, and I was not drawn to him at all. But the tiny little bits of his personality that they've allowed us to see are winning me over. He is an interesting person. Some of the others may be as well, but if they are, they haven't shown it to us. Well, Constantine seems to have some substance to him too, although he's not as articulate as Ames.

I'm hopping on the Ames bandwagon too. It's a treat to watch someone who can actually string some words together. I wasn't expecting this at all since he didn't have much camera time prior to the one-on-one. Very sad to see that he spent so much time with Ashley and didn't even get a kiss. Poor Ames.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by poinsettia View Post
    Be still my heart! I dub Ames the most articulate bachelor ever. When he used the word other worldly instead of the well worn "awesome" to describe the landscape.I thought this guy is special. To me nothing is more of a turn on than an intelligent man and Ames has it in spades.
    I couldn't agree more poinsettia. His intelligence, sense of humor, imagination, and confidence really turned me on. He is my kind of guy, and after a date like that, I would not be able to relate to any of the other guys. He is in a league of his own. When I first read about him, I was expecting great things based on his education and current profession, but it was only last night when I could really get a glimpse of his personality. What a catch!!!

Unfortunately, I don't think Ashley is smart enough, or mentally stable enough, to appreciate him as much as she should. I do admit however that not everyone has the same taste and chemistry, but I think Ashley is looking for someone to take care of her, more than she is anything else. It's a shame, because I believe that Ames really brought out Ashley's intellect, and challenged her mentally in a way that none of the other guys could. My theory is that the fact that her father abandoned her, has left a big void in her heart, and she is unconsciously seeking someone who will make her feel safe, like her father should have, while she was growing up. Too bad. Even if she does end up with someone like J.P. or Constantine or Ben F., that's ok, they seem like nice, average guys, but she would be giving up someone incredibly special if she sends Ames packing.

My two cents

Ames was in the class ahead of mine, undergrad. A couple of my friends who are good friends with him told me about it Memorial Day weekend. I thought he looked a little familiar the first show but didn’t realize he was a Yalie. I now think we had some Econ classes together. Even if this wasn’t a no spoiler season, though, I didn’t get much in the way of spoilers from our mutual friends. We mostly talked about what sort of personal crisis or break from reality he must be going through to stoop to doing the Bach'ette.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT sun

He's well travelled. How refreshing.

So chrisg, what sort of personal crisis or break from reality IS he going through?

I consider it a fair topic since most emotionally healthy people don't really desire to be filmed 24/7 while looking for a spouse. If he likes impulsive adventures, it may explain why he's there. If he has so many impressive college accomplishments, it may mean he's there for the win. Both are perfectly believable. But oddly, he sure does seem to display an eagerness toward Ashley.

And,
    Is his romantic restraint due to politeness, patience, or not-really-attracted-to-her?

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

He sure wouldn't appeal to me, but Ashley's taste is different than mine. Though Ames would be a better choice than Bentley. What about those other great guys? Open your eyes girl!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

This guy is AMAZING! Intelligent, articulate, well traveled and well spoken. I'm definitely on the Ames bandwagon.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

If he's mature, articulate, intelligent, and considerate, I'm sure Ashley will have no use for him.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I like it that Ames did not stop at Yale but went on to Harvard and other colleges to develop himself more. This stops hi from being inward looking thinking wrongly that he is better than others. By doing the rounds of ivy league schools with their different cultures, you rise above it all and stick to simple truth. You cannot go wrong with that. No airs, just an quiet assurance and confidence in all you do. I notice Ames does not speculate about others or things but keeps to the basic facts and goes on from there. He does not have to assert himself as there is a quiet confidence with him. Jeff mentioned one of the people who spoke to him normally was Ames. Because, he does not feel threatened and does not care what other people do.

I feel Ames is just being normal. Maybe will not kiss a girl on a first date so he is keeping it real. Like most people, I am sure Ames came for the adventure and if the woman is Ashley, that would be the bonus. And since he does things spontaneously, maybe he had a feeling to come do the show so he did. Nothing wrong with that.

Closed Thread