Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Ames is one of the most intelligent and "nice" Bachelors we've seen in a long time. However, I don't think the "average" viewer would "get" him. The demographic TPTB are targeting are more into looks, and less into deep people like Ames. I'd love to see him, but where would you get 25 women who are his equal???
    Sadly I agree with you. I also said there wouldn't be enough drama. I think as I have said it will be Ben. (If he wants it.)

Ames and Jackie are no more???

Bring him on as the next B achelor!!!!
    GoingInCircles likes this.

If the audience at the MTA was any indication of the viewer reaction to Ames I'd say he has a great chance of carrying a show!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Ames is one of the most intelligent and "nice" Bachelors we've seen in a long time. However, I don't think the "average" viewer would "get" him. The demographic TPTB are targeting are more into looks, and less into deep people like Ames. I'd love to see him, but where would you get 25 women who are his equal???
    I think Ames is much better looking than Ben, but I'll betcha Ben gets it unless he doesn't want it. And I won't watch because I think it would be a big snoozefest. Nice guy, just too low-key and seems to be eternally sad, even when he smiles.

Wait a minute - I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but Ames has 14 pages of posts here, compared to Ben's 3 pages - not to mention that nobody's even posted in there since 7/19. And Ben was a finalist. Hopefully people just got caught up in the emotion of the finale and are loving Ben because he was hurt.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 08-03-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    If the audience at the MTA was any indication of the viewer reaction to Ames I'd say he has a great chance of carrying a show!
    I wish he hadn't done the Bachelor pad..or whatever its called.I have a number of friends that like him, but really don't know why he did that icky show.I dont mind Ben, I dont think he could carry the show. I hate to say it, if it isnt Ames, I think Ryan would be better than Ben.But what the heck do I know. I wasnt enamoured with this season.
    Tobi likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wish he hadn't done the Bachelor pad..or whatever its called.I have a number of friends that like him, but really don't know why he did that icky show.I dont mind Ben, I dont think he could carry the show. I hate to say it, if it isnt Ames, I think Ryan would be better than Ben.But what the heck do I know. I wasnt enamoured with this season.
    Fanny Mare -- I think Ames did Bachelor Pad more as another one of his quirky adventures. He has done so many things in his life that are out of the ordinary; this is just one more. He may not have known the show's reputation, and he will chalk it all up to learning something new about life, and about people. Just my opinion....
    Tobi, Minney, jucamer and 2 others like this.

Fanny Mare -- I think Ames did Bachelor Pad more as another one of his quirky adventures. He has done so many things in his life that are out of the ordinary; this is just one more. He may not have known the show's reputation, and he will chalk it all up to learning something new about life, and about people. Just my opinion....
    Hi CMD. you are probably right.I know I will watch it just to see him. I will try not to get jealous.LOL

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring for Ames. It was so touching to see the big reaction Ames got from the crowd at MTA & I'd love to see him as the next Bachelor.

after reading Chris Harrison's blog I'd say that Ames has this in the bag if he accepts it. It's all about the ratings.

Last time I checked, on the Warner Brother's Bachelor/Bachelorette site's poll, Ames was leading. But on ABC's page, Ben was way ahead. I don't know how much that will influence their decision. It also will need to be someone with whom it works logistically. (But I hope it's Ames! Ben, I'd watch. Ryan, probably not.)

Closed Thread