Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

Thank you so much!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    sprezzatura

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
    Thank you so much!!!!!!!
    It's a great word, made even greater by the way Ames said it.( sigh)

I gave the Wiki entry in the recap thread where InsideOut also asked this question.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

"Sprezzatura" is defined rather differently (from what Ames stated) in all the sources I could find.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Aww I'm even more in love with Ames after reading the transcripts of that interview. He seems to be a such a truly wonderful man and I hope he finds love (even if it is with that awful Jackie - did I say that out loud? ). Different is good Ames - you are truly one in a million.
    I just rewatched Jackie on the Women Tell All, to make sure I remember her accurately. OMG - I certainly hope Ames runs far from this woman. I wonder how Michelle handles being around Jackie on Bachelor Pad - that will be interesting to see if they address it. But Jackie, and a couple of others, were absolutely nasty to Michelle. If she's still so abrasive, I'm going to have a hard time watching Ames on that show, esp if he really becomes interested in her. Run, Ames, run!

Hello all.... first post this season. It's been an interesting change to watch without the sleuthing & spoilers, hasn't it? Still fun, but I join with others in hoping enough posters will show more respect for the forums, to encourage it's revival in the old format.

This is just an opinion, but of all the 'rejected' contestants this season, I've been thinking gentleman Ames would make an exceptional next Bachelor. Not looking for spoilers, just other opinions??
    The earlybird gets the worm, but the late mouse gets the cheese

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ View Post
    ...............This is just an opinion, but of all the 'rejected' contestants this season, I've been thinking gentleman Ames would make an exceptional next Bachelor. Not looking for spoilers, just other opinions??
    Yes, Ames is an exceptional person and deserves another chance. However, I don't think he would do well with the snark I've seen on other boards about the leads over the years. I also don't think he would be comfortable with his picture plastered on the cover of a rag mag. I hope he finds the right woman for him in the normal way. Just my opinion.

P.S. MayJ -- love your signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I just rewatched Jackie on the Women Tell All, to make sure I remember her accurately. OMG - I certainly hope Ames runs far from this woman. I wonder how Michelle handles being around Jackie on Bachelor Pad - that will be interesting to see if they address it. But Jackie, and a couple of others, were absolutely nasty to Michelle. If she's still so abrasive, I'm going to have a hard time watching Ames on that show, esp if he really becomes interested in her. Run, Ames, run!
    The funny thing about it, too, is that I follow Michele on twitter (at first it was just out of curiosity) and she's really sweet. I think her whole personna on her season was contrived and scripted. She's not like that at all when she posts on twitter. She's really down to earth and ....what's the word I'm looking for....oh, yeah...sane! LOL
    GoingInCircles likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Looks like ABC is putting feelers out for the next bachelor! Go to the abc site and vote for Ames! It would be an incredible season!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Looks like ABC is putting feelers out for the next bachelor! Go to the abc site and vote for Ames! It would be an incredible season!
    Ames is one of the most intelligent and "nice" Bachelors we've seen in a long time. However, I don't think the "average" viewer would "get" him. The demographic TPTB are targeting are more into looks, and less into deep people like Ames. I'd love to see him, but where would you get 25 women who are his equal???
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Closed Thread