Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: AMES *No Spoilers*

Re: AMES *No Spoilers*

After watching the hometown visit and seeing Ames with his family, I wonder what they think about Ames being on BP? They seem so classy and decent. BP is pretty low-brow and not known for its classy activities. It might be fun to see Ames in this kind of environment, as he'll probably handle it with his usual calm/easy manner, but I hope they don't eat him alive!

If he manages well on BP, maybe TPTB will see him as a viable option for the Bachelor next season. We can only hope! I would love to see him fall for a nice girl. (BP spoiler reference intended)

Seeing his commentary on the hometown visit video was sad - he was so falling for Ashley and really believed they had something. He was genuine and sincere - love him!!
    Babycakee and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm hugely disappointed in Ames for lowering himself to appear on it.

And yes, this is the show whose "high point" will be the big reunion of Fake and Vienna, according to their commercials. I didn't like her during Jake's season, and can't stand him now that they've broken up, and so have no desire to watch it all play out again.
    Often, I think that one good person in a group can elevate the rest of the group. At least, Kiptyn seemed to do that last season! Maybe I'm giving this season's cast of BP2 more credit than they deserve Since the objective of Bachelor Pad is to create alliances, little groups form within the house; I imagine that Ames'll ally with a certain group of people and leave the others to themselves.

From the spoilers, Ames does a pretty chivalrous thing this season

Yes, I agree. I think Kiptyn was the one who was quoted at one point saying if you don't give the producers the material, then they can't use it against you. I think Ames agreed to appear on the show for the adventure and the chance to win $250,000. Just because he is on the show does not mean that he will not act exactly as he has acted on this show. The show can't make you do something you don't want to do - and I think Kiptyn is a perfect example of that. I am not worried.
    kateb, Columbia, MD and jucamer like this.

I watched it for the first time last summer.
    I agree about Kiptyn. I think he and Ames are very similar guys in many respects.
    I remember that Kiptyn signed up hoping to win $$ for his charity.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

If I were the 'Ette and Ames had been one of my choices, I would have just sent everyone else home, grabbed him and ran! I really hope something great comes out of all this for him.

Ugh, more Fake and Vienna? When are they just going to disappear, like forever, never to be seen again? Talk about going from the sublime (Ames) to the ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    If I were the 'Ette and Ames had been one of my choices, I would have just sent everyone else home, grabbed him and ran! I really hope something great comes out of all this for him.

Ugh, more Fake and Vienna? When are they just going to disappear, like forever, never to be seen again? Talk about going from the sublime (Ames) to the ridiculous.
    So Jake IS there.Oh lord, this is like BB, I cant handle seeing all these nutters again.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Often, I think that one good person in a group can elevate the rest of the group. At least, Kiptyn seemed to do that last season! Maybe I'm giving this season's cast of BP2 more credit than they deserve Since the objective of Bachelor Pad is to create alliances, little groups form within the house; I imagine that Ames'll ally with a certain group of people and leave the others to themselves.

From the spoilers, Ames does a pretty chivalrous thing this season
    I'm glad to hear Kip really held his own on BP, guys. That makes me feel better. I never even made it through 20 minutes of BP because I found the generally escalated cheese factor too off-putting -- or maybe I was just having a lactose intolerant day.

And I didn't even know the chivalrous thing was out anywhere. V_O always has her ear to the ground!! I promise, guys, that the chivalrous thing should be worth it for those of us who passed on BP last time and dread seeing Jake for the thousandth time. And I wish I didn't know it, because it probably will be much better unspoiled.

We should just call it: The Chivalrous Thing, The Chivalrous Thing!!! It also should be worth it to hear Ames' Ames-isms when he gets the full scoop regarding what BP really is!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post

We should just call it: The Chivalrous Thing, The Chivalrous Thing!!! It also should be worth it to hear Ames' Ames-isms when he gets the full scoop regarding what BP really is!
    He's doing that chivalrous thing he does
    Minney and chrisg like this.

FORT Newbie

New Interview with Ames

Ames spoke all about his heartbreak over Ashley today in a new conference call interview with reporters.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Here's a preview: Coming Up Roses: The Bachelorette and
    the full transcript will be up tomorrow. I found it so interesting that he was that upset about her eliminating him. I guess because things were moving so slowly, I didn't notice how strong his feelings were. I really give him credit though for sharing his true thoughts and I loved how he said that what they had was real and he took it seriously. He seems like such a nice guy! I hope he DOES find love on "Bachelor Pad 2"!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-21-2011 at 08:11 PM.

FORT Fogey

Re: New Interview with Ames

Thanks for the link. I think the poor guy just didn't know what hit him.

Closed Thread