Closed Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: 5/30 Bachelorette 7 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 5/30 Bachelorette 7 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I've always wondered that too...I've tried seeing if I could spot a pin...but can never tell how those roses stay on. I know from the experience of trying to pin on a corsage, that pinning one on is not an easy process! So...if the rose ceremonies are really long...it's no wonder with all that pinning on of the roses!
    The boutonnieres actually have magnets. CH addressed this recently, though I can't remember in which article. Sorry! But you can actually tell when Ashley gives Ryan the FIR. I remember Trista used pins but am not sure when they switched to those magnets...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Really, I don't see why the B'ettes get so upset and whiney and "takin' to their beds" if one man out of -- how many? 25? -- turns out to be a snake. Like Ali with that one guy who decided to go back to his fiancée. Big deal. She had two others.
    And Ashley, at least from the previews, what a crybaby! She starts out dating however many the show starts her out with. She has the upper hand. She even gets "warnings" which she chooses to ignore. She has the potential to break more hearts than any individual man who's there "for the wrong reasons." I have a hard time mustering up any sympathy for her. (Nor any of the other featured pedestal-perchers from any other season.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Really, I don't see why the B'ettes get so upset and whiney and "takin' to their beds" if one man out of -- how many? 25? -- turns out to be a snake. Like Ali with that one guy who decided to go back to his fiancée. Big deal. She had two others.
    Hear, hear!!!
    I so agree with you! You'd think you were watching an old black and white movie where the heroine takes to her bed and sobs for days.
    It's got to be scripted. I'd hate to think that such accomplished, intelligent, attractive women would be soooooo devastated.

Since Bentley has been such a scumbag already and has been pretty vocal in his confessionals about how he really feels about Ashley, I'll bet he doesn't go out like a gentleman. Maybe Ashley finds out what he's been saying
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Hear, hear!!!
    I so agree with you! You'd think you were watching an old black and white movie where the heroine takes to her bed and sobs for days.
    It's got to be scripted. I'd hate to think that such accomplished, intelligent, attractive women would be soooooo devastated.

and about someone she's known approx 10 days.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    and about someone she's known approx 10 days.
    even less than that if it is true they don't get to spend a lot of time with the primary. Which just makes me question why anyone falls any of the primary so quickly in that amount of time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I've heard that too. Guess that explains when that one bachelor wasn't given a rose last episode, and he called his mother, he said that it was 4AM. so guess it went into overtime, for sure!
    I read in a blog once that the RC's are filmed over the course of a few hours. She'll tell the producers her initial picks, out go the first few roses, then she takes time off to sift through the remaining few. Same thing for the TB. Pity the poor men/women who aren't eliminated right away and have to wait around to learn their fate.

As for crying over the losers, gads, I've wondered the same thing myself. When Frank deserted Ali well into her season, I would have been more angry than sad. I would happily have sent him packing and sure as heck wouldn't have wasted my tears on him. That's especially true since you're not having real relationships with these people. I mean, honestly. How can you really get to know somebody when you only get limited time with them, and even that is mostly in front of the cameras?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Why was my post edited. Nobody is going to read that now. I guess you are not allowed to post and then later post again? You have to wait till someone else has posted before you can post for a second time? This is the second time this has happened here. I came back to see if anyone had replied and then i noticed.

Will go read the rules again.

Closed Thread