Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ashley's Blog

Ashley's Blog

The Bachelorette Ashley Hebert - First Impression Rose : People.com

Bachelorette Blog: Ashley's First Impression Rose Explained
    BY ASHLEY HEBERT

I can't even begin to tell you all how much pride and excitement I felt going into Monday's season premiere of The Bachelorette. Those two emotions stem from finally being able to show off my 25 men, and to start a journey that has changed my life forever.

Though this first episode I say goodbye to seven men, the interactions with each and every one of them helped me through by showing me what I wanted in a man, and how I wanted to feel. Each one of these men taught me something, and for this, I will be forever grateful.

Going into the first night, I was the most nervous I had been in a very long time. I worried the men would hop back into the limo if they didn't like what they saw. Even though it became apparent to me that some were more interested than others, the guys did such a great job of putting me at ease and making me feel confident enough to move forward without caution.

Although Jeff, (a.k.a. the mask) endured much skepticism, I think, in theory, it's a great angle coming into the first night. He both caught my attention and stood out from the rest. Plus, I really wanted to see what he looked like under the mask!

Coming into this experience, I had a list of a few things I was looking for in a husband, and the first night, I saw ALL of those in Ryan P. He deserved the first impression rose more than anyone. On top of that, when he walked out of the limo, I nearly fainted.

Bentley. Need I say more? It's always been important to me to judge a person based on what I know of them, so going into this first night I had guards up, but he easily broke them down with his good looks and savvy way with words. How could I not have trusted him? Every woman in my shoes would have given him a rose too.

I am sure many of you can tell by my high-pitched voice and nervous intonation, going into this first night I was very nervous and I didn't know what to expect. That all changed immediately after I met the men. I know it may sound crazy to hear me say that I think my husband was in the room on the first night, but I felt confident in what my gut was telling me.

Keep watching to see if my intuition was right! Thank you for all your love and support!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Re: Ashley's Blog

um no ashley not everyone who was told he was sketcy and here for the wrong reasons would have given bentley a rose
    NEPASue likes this.

Interesting to read that she's well aware of her high-pitched shrillness.

I wasn't impressed with Bentley at all in the interactions I saw with Ashley. I don't think he's good looking. From some angles, yes, a bit, but the total package? No.

Yeah .... Ryan P. sure looks like the real deal, but time will tell ....

Quote Originally Posted by bachfan1987 View Post
    um no ashley not everyone who was told he was sketcy and here for the wrong reasons would have given bentley a rose
    well, at least not someone who is actually serious about finding a life long mate....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by bachfan1987 View Post
    ITA with you!

Me, too. The only way that it would make sense to keep him would be for the drama it generates. The other sad option would be if Ashley has some sadistic kind of personality that causes her to choose men who will hurt her. My vote goes to the show wanting the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    The other sad option would be if Ashley has some sadistic kind of personality that causes her to choose men who will hurt her.
    Masochistic.

At any rate, though I don't find him attractive at all (don't care for the "manly" troglodyte look or "manly" behaviour in general) and I likely wouldn't have given him a rose the first night (operating on the assumption that any of this is real), I completely understand Ashley's stance on figuring him out for herself and not taking someone else's word for it that he's a d-bag, particularly when it is the word of just one person. Bear in mind that she is not privy to his confessionals.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ashley Hebert - Bachelorette Meets Jabbawockeez in Las Vegas : People.com

by Ashley Hebert

And the kissing begins!

Right off the bat, I wanted to see how well the guys could handle themselves in a city of temptation, so I took them to Las Vegas! There is an energy about that city that like no other place in the world. I knew the guys wouldn't expect to leave the mansion so quickly, and I looked forward to surprising them with this trip.

To this day, I will still say that my date with William was the best first date I have ever been on. At first glance, he is a handsome, charming, funny guy, but on the other hand, he has a lot of depth to him and has been through a lot. Our date was just that – a mixture of fun and depth. On top of that, he actually was about to go through with the marriage – on the first date! – so I knew he was a keeper. The best moment of the night for me was being able to relate to William's story about his father, and then celebrating that connection with the Bellagio fountains going off. What a magical moment!

Performing with the Jabbawockeez was one of my favorite moments throughout this entire season, but probably not for the reason you would think. First, these dancers are not only incredibly talented, but they were the nicest people I've ever met. I will certainly be back to watch their show and support them. Going into this date, I was not sure how the guys were going to react to dancing on stage. At first, they didn't seem entirely into the idea. But after we started working with the Jabbawockeez on the actual performance, the guys took on a whole different attitude about dancing. To see the guys after the performance feel such accomplishment and adrenaline was so exciting. I was happy to share that moment with them. On top of that, they looked like they were a part of the actual Jabbawockeez. Great job, guys!

I love the idea of the coin toss and how it led to my first date with Mickey and my first kiss with JP. I was suspecting that JP walked into the cocktail party with a double-sided coin. Regardless, I knew that whichever way the coin landed, I would be happy with the outcome because both of these men are exceptional.

In closing, I want to say that I learn so much about these men from watching the episodes – the good, the bad and the ugly. The most important thing I told myself from the start was that I would always be open with the way I feel, even if there was the potential to be hurt. I said that I wouldn't want to look back with regrets. Even as I cringe through some of the things that Bentley said throughout filming, I wouldn't change the way I was, because in that moment it was the way I felt. Everyone is responsible for their own honesty and accountability – and if he wasn't willing to give me at least that, he is in the wrong. No regrets!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Even as I cringe through some of the things that Bentley said throughout filming, I wouldn't change the way I was, because in that moment it was the way I felt. Everyone is responsible for their own honesty and accountability – and if he wasn't willing to give me at least that, he is in the wrong. No regrets!
    Hmmm, no regrets that you are (or were) a very bad judge of character? Interesting juxtaposition with CH saying that the more he tried to warn her about Bentley, the more she defended him. *sigh* Makes me wonder about her picker for the F1, whoever that turns out to be.
    Last edited by Lucy van Pelt; 05-31-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typo

Bentley. Need I say more? It's always been important to me to judge a person based on what I know of them, so going into this first night I had guards up, but he easily broke them down with his good looks and savvy way with words. How could I not have trusted him? Every woman in my shoes would have given him a rose too.
    She's obviously not had much experience in social situations with salesmen.
    coughcoughmanipulativecoughcou gh
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast