Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ashley's Blog

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Ashley's Blog

Ashley Hebert 'Betrayed' by Bentley on The Bachelorette : People.com

by Ashley Hebert

Episode 3

I could probably go on for hours, writing about all the emotions I felt while watching the third episode of The Bachelorette.

I had feelings of nostalgia, excitement, hurt, betrayal and embarrassment. Stepping aside from the fact that I was visibly emotional throughout the episode, I could not stop watching. I was glued to the screen and even though I lived it, I quickly learned that I did not know many things that were being said when I wasn't around. As I watched, I found myself both laughing and crying.

At the cocktail party last week, you heard Ben C. tell me that if there was ever a dance date happening again, he'd love to be a part of it. I was so excited knowing that I had a flash mob date coming up, and Ben C. was the perfect guy for that date. From the first night I met Ben, I loved his energy and intelligence, so I was happy to see such a fun, carefree side to him as well. What a great sport Ben was! I put him on the spot by having to dance in the middle of the Americana at Brand mall, but he showed unwavering focus to do the moves correctly despite all the distractions around him.

Having Far East Movement perform while we had our first kiss was pretty memorable, too!

The idea of a roast for a group date was a great one. I told the guys to "bring it on," and the more insults the better. What I didn't know was how far they would take it, or how sensitive I would be to certain subjects.

Knowing how funny William was, and how close I felt we had gotten on our first date, I was looking forward to his roasting the most. My thoughts on roasting someone you care about are that you have to find an equal balance of being funny and complimentary at the same time. You must use good judgment in this situation. It hurt me that William did not use great judgment. I thought he would shine most. However, people make bad decisions, and in my heart I still knew he was a guy with good intentions. I wanted to give him another chance and another rose.

Turning Point

This episode was a huge turning point in my view of Bentley. Throughout the first two episodes, I was very surprised by the things he said, but a part of me still looked for the good in him, and wanted to, once again, give him the benefit of the doubt. After watching this episode, I can't help but feel betrayed, lied to, and made a fool of. I know many people wonder why I kept him around after the warning I got.

People may speculate I was attracted to the "bad boy," or maybe they thought I wanted what I couldn't have. The truth is that I always look for the good in people, and I saw that in him. I only knew what he showed me, and I felt it to be real at the time. I can tell you that from the bottom of my heart, I don't remember ever feeling this depth of hurt and embarrassment. Unfortunately, it's not the last you will see of Bentley.

I had a date with JP the night that Bentley left, and I felt terrible that he would have to see me in the state I was in. At that point, I felt him to be one of the most sincere, down-to-earth guys, so if I were to have a date with anyone that night, JP would be the best guy.

The date was sweet in every sense of the word. We ordered Chinese food, and had dinner by the fire. I can tell you a couple things that happened on this date that you didn't see. We opened a fortune cookie that said something along the lines of "patience will be rewarded sooner or later." We laughed because at the last cocktail party, I told him to be patient with the process. Another behind the scenes tidbit about my date with JP is that I actually fell asleep on this date while cuddling with him. It turned out to be a very sweet night.

Thanks for watching!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I would think it's a pretty good omen if you feel comfortable enough with a guy (Ryan) that you fall asleep cuddling.
    As far as Ben C. is concerned, there just doesn't seem to be any chemistry there on Ashley's end. I'm wondering what she sees in William.

Bachelorette - Ashley Hebert Blog : People.com

I thought I would finally be able to watch an episode without hearing the name Bentley, but was I wrong. I caught myself cringing each time his name was mentioned.

I look back at the beginning of this week in Phuket, and remember how I was still thinking about his departure. However, at the end of this week, I found myself being able to see the difference between real, genuine relationships and the one I had with Bentley.

When I first met Constantine, I was blown away: he was exactly the type of man I was looking for, and the floss on my finger was a standout moment for me the first night. I was ready for this date with him.

I was so excited to take him out on the water and hopefully bring out the romance. Unfortunately, the rain had other plans.

Even though it rained, we made the best of the date and it turned out to be filled with less extravagance and more good conversation. In turn, I think our connection grew to a stronger level because of this.

By far, my favorite group date was at the Baan San Fan Orphanage. The guys took this very seriously, and many of them expressed how it changed their lives. To know that I took part in organizing something that would improve the lives of both the children and these men makes me feel absolutely incredible.

At this point, I started to see the guys in a completely different light, especially Ben F. He took it upon himself to paint a mural for the children and was a standout guy in terms of interacting with the children. It really melted my heart, and I feel like this helped solidify my feelings for him.

Going into my date with Ames, I didn’t know what to expect.

I got the feeling that he was ultraconservative around me, and I wanted to loosen him up a bit by taking him away from the guys. I was so surprised by his intelligent humor and good heart! I totally saw a new side to Ames on this date and knew I wanted to get to know him better. Even though I was not convinced of a romantic connection with him just yet, I saw too much good in him to not further explore what could be.

I will never be able to accurately describe the serenity in the air while kayaking through the canyons; it was like nothing I had ever seen before. There was something about the calmness of the water and the light peering through the canyon that made silence comfortable. I loved Phuket and all its natural beauty.

Looking back at this week, the most important lesson I took away is that the best type of love starts off with a slow burn, and eventually turns into something much brighter than a spark ever could.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm assuming that the bachelor/ette just jots down some general thoughts about the week (or maybe someone elicits this info in an interview), and then a show staffer crafts the actual blog. These blogs always read as very "manufactured" to me.

For example, do I think Ashley really came up with "...the most important lesson I took away is that the best type of love starts off with a slow burn, and eventually turns into something much brighter than a spark ever could"? No.
    nanarama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer View Post
    I'm assuming that the bachelor/ette just jots down some general thoughts about the week (or maybe someone elicits this info in an interview), and then a show staffer crafts the actual blog. These blogs always read as very "manufactured" to me.

For example, do I think Ashley really came up with "...the most important lesson I took away is that the best type of love starts off with a slow burn, and eventually turns into something much brighter than a spark ever could"? No.
    But of course! I talk like that all the time - don't you?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Bachelorette - Ashley Hebert Blog : People.com

I thought I would finally be able to watch an episode without hearing the name Bentley, but was I wrong. I caught myself cringing each time his name was mentioned.

I look back at the beginning of this week in Phuket, and remember how I was still thinking about his departure. However, at the end of this week, I found myself being able to see the difference between real, genuine relationships and the one I had with Bentley.

When I first met Constantine, I was blown away: he was exactly the type of man I was looking for, and the floss on my finger was a standout moment for me the first night. I was ready for this date with him.

I was so excited to take him out on the water and hopefully bring out the romance. Unfortunately, the rain had other plans.

Even though it rained, we made the best of the date and it turned out to be filled with less extravagance and more good conversation. In turn, I think our connection grew to a stronger level because of this.

By far, my favorite group date was at the Baan San Fan Orphanage. The guys took this very seriously, and many of them expressed how it changed their lives. To know that I took part in organizing something that would improve the lives of both the children and these men makes me feel absolutely incredible.

At this point, I started to see the guys in a completely different light, especially Ben F. He took it upon himself to paint a mural for the children and was a standout guy in terms of interacting with the children. It really melted my heart, and I feel like this helped solidify my feelings for him.

Going into my date with Ames, I didnít know what to expect.

I got the feeling that he was ultraconservative around me, and I wanted to loosen him up a bit by taking him away from the guys. I was so surprised by his intelligent humor and good heart! I totally saw a new side to Ames on this date and knew I wanted to get to know him better. Even though I was not convinced of a romantic connection with him just yet, I saw too much good in him to not further explore what could be.

I will never be able to accurately describe the serenity in the air while kayaking through the canyons; it was like nothing I had ever seen before. There was something about the calmness of the water and the light peering through the canyon that made silence comfortable. I loved Phuket and all its natural beauty.

Looking back at this week, the most important lesson I took away is that the best type of love starts off with a slow burn, and eventually turns into something much brighter than a spark ever could.
    I have bolded and highlighted revealing parts above. This blog is sooo revealing. Ben F and Ames made an impact. She spent more time talking about her date with Ames and had nicer things to say about Ames. I feel Ashley is so over Bentley.
    Last edited by Living; 06-14-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Hmmm, if I am to believe this blog, it means she now realizes her obsession for Bentley wasn't a genuine relationship, AND she implies she now understands what true love is.
    Call me a doubter. I think you can't go from a desperate obsessive pursuer to a love expert in 4 days. I dunno for certain.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Hmmm, if I am to believe this blog, it means she now realizes her obsession for Bentley wasn't a genuine relationship, AND she implies she now understands what true love is.
    Call me a doubter. I think you can't go from a desperate obsessive pursuer to a love expert in 4 days. I dunno for certain.
    Exactly, but Ashely thinks so. I might believe she had an epiphany if she hadn't mentioned his name a bazillion times
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Yeah, Ashley -- enjoy your time with, and pining over, the "guys." Because, clearly, you're not ready for "men."
    [You may wish to add the word "men" to your vocabulary some day.]
    But good for you for beating out Emily (thank you, by the way -- no, really!) and the other woman (can't remember her name) for Bachelorette. I hope it [the extended publicity] works out for pumping up your dental practice. I wouldn't trust you with my teeth, but maybe some "hot guy" would. Best wishes!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ashley Hebert - Bachelorette Recap : People.com

by Ashley Hebert

I can't even tell you how much better I was feeling this week as we headed north to Chiang Mai. With so many great dates and memorable moments in Phuket, I was so excited to see where these relationships would go next!

Ben [Flajnik] stood out to me more than anyone else on the orphanage date the week prior. He was funny, witty, artistic and great with the kids. On top of that, he looked great in a beanie! I could not wait to take him on the first date in Chiang Mai, a city of great cultural significance.

At the marketplace, we were able to listen to Thai music, taste Thai cuisine (which happens to be my favorite) and visit one of the oldest temples in the world. I learned from this date that Ben was the total package. He was easy to be around, interesting to talk to, and had so much depth to him. All I wanted to do was kiss him, but just my luck – we were at one of the holiest places in Thailand and could not kiss. The tension was tangible.

All I have to say about the Muay Thai date is ... group date gone wrong! I love being active and looking at the guys' bodies. I knew they did, too, but I had no idea just how intense this was going to be.

Not only was it 100 degrees in the training area but also the trainers were no joke. I found myself scared that if I did something wrong they would try to fight me! But the guys got a good workout and all proved to me that they could definitely keep up with me. After this, I'm not sure I could keep up with them!

I knew the guys would be fighting each other, but had NO IDEA they would take it as seriously as they did. It seemed as if they were taking out some hidden aggression on each other! They were kicking and punching as hard as they could. I never thought it would go as far as it did. Poor Ames was a trooper. We did send him to the hospital, but luckily he was okay. Cheers to you, Ames!

Double Elimination Date
    Looking back, I have to say that this date was the date I dreaded most this entire season. I know how stressful and awkward it can be for all parties, and knowing I was sending someone home in the middle of the date made it difficult to really enjoy it.

William and Ben C. were both guys that at one point, I felt something for. At this point, I was questioning my relationships with both of the guys – I was looking for a change of heart with at least one of them. When William told me that Ben had questionable intentions, I reacted very quickly.

I found myself growing angry and realized that it wasn't worth keeping anyone here if they were even somewhat concerned about their online date-ability after they left. But sending Ben home was not based solely on what William brought to my attention – it was a combination of us both having questionable feelings for one another.

This date then turned into a one-on-one date with William and almost immediately I knew I wasn't feeling the same way I did on our first date. So much had happened since then, and there was certainly no turning back.

Bentley on My Mind

During this deliberation, you saw me talk about "thinking of Bentley." As much as everyone (including myself) is annoyed with the mere mention of his name, I hope people will understand how mystified I was when he left. At that point, I was almost beyond the intensity of feelings I had for Bentley with other guys and in fairness to them, needed to be sure that the "dot-dot-dot" Bentley gave me became a period.

I still felt like Bentley was an obstacle that prevented me from fully committing to other guys, and I was starting to become concerned that the guys were feeling my hesitation as well. I needed to be sure that I could still trust my instinct and that this journey would work for me. I needed answers.

Until next week, thanks everyone.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast