Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 9 | PopWatch | EW.com

“The sun always shines in Fiji!” Those were the words spoken by Ashley as she stepped out of the plane in Savusavu, Fiji. She must have forgotten this is the rainiest season we’ve ever had on this show. More on the rain and our production a little later in this broadcast. This show and my blog have become a bit of a travel guide over the years, and I especially feel compelled during the exotic dates to talk a little bit about where we are in the world. This week we are in Namale in Savusavu, Fiji, a small town in one of many Islands that make up Fiji. The high definition video we show you makes it quite evident this is one of the most stunning places in the world. What we didn’t show much of was the Namale resort, which is actually owned by inspirational speaker Tony Robbins. Tony is a great guy and turns out he was in town our final day at the resort and he came down and joined my wife and me at breakfast. Holy cow! That guy has the biggest hands I have ever seen! I can’t say enough about the people of Fiji and in particular the people at Namale.

As for the show you saw the return of Ryan. Oddly enough, I got a call at home one night (no the cast usually doesn’t have my number) and it’s Ryan.

He called me to ask my opinion about coming back to talk to Ashley. He didn’t feel right about the way things ended and wasn’t really sure things had ended. Ryan made it very clear he didn’t want to be “that guy” and come back and disrupt anything or take time away from the other guys. I was convinced that Ryan was doing this with true intentions and I felt like he deserved to have another talk with Ashley. I was pretty convinced that Ashley wasn’t going to change her mind but that’s not for me to say, so I told Ryan to join us in Fiji. Obviously he got rejected again but he was grateful for the opportunity and happy he got the chance to express himself, as he didn’t really get that chance the first time around. Some of you have asked if we show the exotic dates on TV in the order they are actually shot. I think this episode shows you the answer is, yes we do. Ben got the first date and the two of them picked up right where they left off. All I can say about these two is their relationship is easy. They seem to really flow together in a great way. Ben said he’s really fallen for Ashley and if the suntan lotion scene is any indication (yikes!) then the same can be said for Ashley. I think Ben continues to show what a fantastic man he has become. One line that really stood out to me was at dinner when he told Ashley “I’m available today.” That was a great line that really spoke to Ashley’s heart. Ben has come a long way since his father’s death and he is now ready to add somebody to his life and for him that somebody is Ashley.

Constantine got the second date and this was unlike any exotic date we’ve ever had in the past. One reason I love this show is you never know what’s going to happen or how things will turn out. Constantine had an amazing hometown date and although things were moving a bit slow between them I sure didn’t see the wheels completely falling off like they did. Although Constantine was really the one that initiated the breakup they both realized that this relationship had hit a wall. It had gone about as far as it was going to go. Ashley and Constantine like and admire each other very much, but that is far from love and that is far from what either of them deserve. It is also far from what she is feeling for the other two men. I very much respect Constantine for the way he left the show. That is the way a man talks to a woman, and that is the classy way to pull yourself out of a relationship (I hope a certain someone is taking notes). By the time Ashley got to her date with JP she was already down to two men. That was a bit of a relief for her, as she then didn’t really have to worry about the rose ceremony. She very much knew by then that JP and Ben were her final two. Now all she had to do was enjoy her date with JP and by the looks of it she certainly did. The chemistry between these two is incredible. When they’re together it’s like nobody else exists in the world and that is a great quality in a couple.

After talking with Ashley we both agreed it was still important to hold a rose ceremony. This is obviously the most important rose ceremony of them all. The next step is hopefully an engagement so accepting a rose this week is really admitting you are in love with this woman and truly considering taking that next step. I want to take a moment to praise our insanely talented crew on this show. I wish my words could do justice to just how amazing they are. The day of the rose ceremony the skies opened up like never before. We had scouted a location and had been setting up all week for a beautiful outdoor deliberation and rose ceremony on a deck overlooking the ocean. Because hundreds of hours went into lighting, set decorating and tech set up we waited the storm out. Finally we realized Mother Nature wasn’t letting up so at the last minute we made the decision to move everything. In a matter of a couple hours our director, lighting department, art department, tech department, camera and audio crews moved an entire deliberation and rose ceremony that usually takes about a week to set up, and did it all in the pouring rain. Our deliberation was barely under cover so the camera and audio crews were standing in the rain while we talked. Our tech department set up a makeshift control room for our director behind a bar. I am always amazed at how good these people are, but this day absolutely blew me away. I wish I could show you what it took to pull this off and still make it look so good. We are truly one big traveling family on this show and I am blessed to work with such great talent.

I want to remind you of how the rest of this season will play out because its set up a little different than seasons past. The Men Tell All will be next Sunday night, July 31. The following night, Monday, August 1, is the finale. Immediately following the finale is the After the Final Rose special. I love this set up, as our fans don’t have to wait a week between shows. I hope you enjoy it this way. The following Monday, August 8 is the premiere of Bachelor Pad 2. We will show you an extended tease of the new season during the Men Tell All. All I can say is hide the children and buckle up! But first and foremost we have an amazing finale to The Bachelorette for you. Ashley has done a terrific job narrowing it down to two incredible men. I very much look forward to you seeing the rest of this season play out.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' season finale | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris-Harrison

Spanning two days and five hours of television, this is the biggest, most dramatic blog ever. I hope you enjoyed the way ABC programmed the Men Tell All on Sunday and rolled right into Monday’s dramatic season finale, which led us right into After the Final Rose. The Men Tell All special was a fun show to host. This is a very good group of guys that I enjoyed hanging around with this season so there really weren’t a lot of fireworks. I was very disappointed Bentley didn’t show up for the taping. As I mentioned we extended an invitation to him but he opted not to come. I would very much like to sit down and interview him. I have a standing invitation out to him that I will interview him anywhere and anytime he wants. As anybody that’s ever been on this show will tell you, I will give him a very fair interview. I’m really not looking to bury the guy. What’s done is done! I just want to find out his motivation and what he thinks about his actions now and how they’ve affected his life. Does he regret what he did and would he like to apologize to anybody? I found it very interesting to see the guys’ reactions to Bentley, as they didn’t really see or hear anything just like Ashley while he was actually on the show. They found out like everybody else while they watched it unfold week after week on TV.

One of my favorite parts of the Tell All was talking to Tim. I really like this guy. In my opinion he did exactly what you should when you make an ass of yourself: Have a good laugh and apologize for your actions. He was extremely funny, self-deprecating and respectful to Ashley. He also gave us some great color commentary on everything that went on this season. I know it’s a bit ironic but he’s the kind of guy you’d like to have a drink with — but just a couple, Tim. As for those that joined me in the hot seat, Ames definitely got the most attention from the studio audience. They went absolutely nuts for the guy. I walk around and talk to the folks while we’re in commercial breaks to say hello and he was easily the most popular. I really enjoyed having Ali, Jason and Deanna on the show. As I said it’s like a little family reunion. I truly care for these people and consider many of the folks that have been on our show friends. I’m looking forward to Deanna’s wedding and looking forward to hearing details about Ali’s.

I really think the final episode was one of the best we’ve ever produced. I think this for several reasons, so first let’s deal with the superficial stuff. Fiji provided a spectacular backdrop that looked more like a fairytale. Thank you to everyone at the Vomo Island Resort. I know I gush about them every week, but our crews brought Fiji into your living rooms in stunning fashion. It was also a compelling finale because you had two fantastic men head over heels in love with one woman. Both men were extremely confident that they were the man of Ashley’s dreams. There’s no way that was going to end well for everybody. Ben was the odd man out this time around. People often ask what it’s like to welcome the person to the final rose ceremony who’s not getting the final rose. Of course I know Ashley’s decision ahead of time, and I’ll be honest — it sucks. It’s by far my least favorite part of hosting this show. I’ve gotten to know these guys and hate walking someone down a path that is only going to lead to a rejection. But I know as tough as it is for me it’s a thousand times harder for Ashley to have to stand there and watch a man she really respects get down on one knee and propose, only to tell him he’s not the one.

I want to talk about Ben’s reaction once he was rejected. I thought it was the most honest sincere reaction we’ve ever had on this show. I know most people want to take the moral high road when they are rejected on TV but I always thought if I was in that position I would be angry and resentful and that’s exactly what Ben expressed. I loved his line good things don’t end happily, it can only end badly and it did. Even at the After the Final Rose special Ben was still upset and a bit resentful at Ashley. To me this really rings true. This is how I think most of us would feel. I found it refreshing to see someone that wasn’t scared or ashamed to show his true feelings. I think Ben has grown so much as a person since his father’s death and has such perspective on his life that he was able to really open up and convey how he truly felt. I know that was tough for Ashley but hey, let’s face it — she got the man of her dreams so I think she’ll be okay. Ben will be the first to admit JP is a great guy and he and Ashley are great together.

I was talking to Ashley and JP at the AFR special and we all agreed that to us, it seemed obvious he was the one all along. It always seems like that to me because once you know what happens, things really stand out more. Their relationship and chemistry together was different than anybody else from their first date back at her house the night Bentley left. I have seen this couple together on and off camera and their love for each other is undeniable. I was really happy that Ashley’s sister Chrystie came back to the AFR special to apologize to them both and admit that she was wrong about JP. I’d hate for this relationship to start with any kind of family drama. I’m also extremely happy to hear that Ashley is moving to New York and moving in with JP. They know in the weeks and months to come there will be media and fans to deal with, but these two seem to be starting from a solid foundation. There will be rumors, speculation, and wild stories created by the tabloids, but these two seem prepared to deal with that garbage. I for one wish them nothing but happiness and can’t wait to have them on the next special we do to announce their wedding date and plans.

This brings this season of The Bachelorette to an end. I want to thank the people I work with every day all over this beautiful world to bring you the show. I marvel at their talent, learn from them every day, and feel blessed to be a small part of what they create. We have been doing this show for a decade now, and many of you fans have been with us every step of the way. This show does different things for different people. It evokes very different emotions in everybody and I love that. I love that all of you have definite opinions about our show and the people and relationships on it. At times certain topics and situations have actually risen to the level of national debate. To me that means we are doing something right and that’s what great television should be. I can’t thank you enough for watching and supporting the show the way you do. There is only one reason I have the job I do and that’s because all of you continue to make the choice to watch us each week. That will never be lost on me, and I speak for everyone that works on this franchise when I say thank you! Normally I would be saying goodbye to you for a little while but next Monday night is the special three-hour season premiere of Bachelor Pad. If you saw the preview during the Men Tell All special you know just how good this season is going to be. I hope you will all come back and join us, as this will be the event of the summer! Thank you again for watching and congratulations to Ashley and JP on their engagement.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' season finale | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris-Harrison

Spanning two days and five hours of television, this is the biggest, most dramatic blog ever....
    Yeah. Isn't it always? :eyeroll
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I thought that was funny -- since it was used about the blog. A parody on the show's advertisements, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    I thought that was funny -- since it was used about the blog. A parody on the show's advertisements, as it were.
    It is funny, and it's good that he pokes fun at himself.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345