Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

I think it would be kind of fun for CH to be there to ask leading questions and give the sort of comments that would throw gasoline on the fire. Why the hell not? This is ... ahem .... "reality" TV...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I agree Ellen he needs to set Bentley up big time. I listened to the what he said about her and he needs to be took out behind a shed and given a horse whoopen by a big old guy.
    That egotistical jerk needs to be taken down a peg or two. Of course by now she has heard everything he said but I sure hope she doesn't see him a keeper as if he wants her.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    I know it is all for drama, but they could have saved a boatload of $$$ and set up and recorded Ashley and Bentley on Skype working through the issues. Without the ability to manipulate her by touching her, Bentley would have to answer the questions head-on.

ETA: BTW, perhaps to put a true end to this and to make CH earn his paycheck for the week, Chris should be present in the hotel room when Ashley and Bentley speak and serve as a mediator between the two. He wouldn't let Bentley off the hook quite so easily. I'm not sure, though, if he's capable of putting someone in the "hot seat" without a live audience sitting several feet from him.
    Re: the bolded -
    This is exactly the problem! That is totally why he had such an effect on her - he didn't say that much to her to lead her on or get to her, but his physical manipulations are what did it. He sold her by saying very little but touching her a lot, in a reassuring or leading kind of way. Like when he carried her over to the fireplace, then said something like, no more talk - and started kissing her. I believe he is a skilled player, and has had this effect on women before (and probably since), so he knew what he was doing. Therefore, even if his words were spliced together for maximum impact and he didn't say anything mean the whole time, the fact remains that he physically led her on when he really was not interested in her.
    Re: CH - he did say, when asked why he warned Ali of Justin why he didn't warn Ashley, and he said he did - and that there were lots of discussions behind the scenes. Granted, he lies a lot, and still didn't offer to show her the clips, but maybe she was tipped off at some point. The other night she made the comment that if he really wasn't interested, then fine, she just wants to know it - from him. Sounds like someone tried to tell her that he did not want her, but she's not believing it because of that dot-dot-dot thing probably.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 6 | PopWatch | EW.com

This episode had a lot of highs and many lows for Ashley. You’ve all had very strong opinions about Bentley this season, both good and bad. I want to deal with all this episode had to offer, but first I want to give you some updates on things we have coming up in the very near future for you. First of all, we have wrapped the first part of production on Bachelor Pad 2. It is incredible and will far surpass anything we came close to producing last summer. From start to finish this show will entertain like never before. We will also be bringing you what we’re calling “Bachelor Updates” on our most popular couples. The first you will see on Monday, July 11th. I sit down and talk to Emily who is speaking publicly for the first time about her relationship with Brad. I know all of you have had tons of questions about Brad and Emily, and their silence has only added fuel to the tabloid fire. Emily and Brad wanted to remain silent until the time was right for them to speak. That time is now, and you will see and hear all next Monday night.

As for the current season of The Bachelorette, I don’t think we’ve had a more emotional episode yet. Hong Kong is a beautiful city and we were all looking forward to getting there, but we knew what lay ahead at first was going to be rough. I understand that many of you felt like this Bentley thing dragged on a little too long. We actually would have loved to have put an end to this last week in Chiang Mai, but logistically that just wasn’t possible. One of the problems of shooting halfway around the world is you just can’t hop on a plane and get there in one or even two days. Because of travel and the time difference, we had to wait until we all got to Hong Kong. I did my best to give Ashley the ammunition she needed for her encounter with Bentley. I urged her to not let him be “Bentley” again. Don’t let him get away with talking for an hour, giving what I’m guessing he thinks is his sexy look and saying absolutely nothing meaningful. Turns out, that’s exactly what he did. The guy has an amazing talent for saying nothing in such a sincere way it’s hard to tell you’ve actually just heard nothing. The good news is Ashley was prepared this time and called him on his nonsense and sent the dude packing. So the long and short of it is Ashley is good and Bentley is gone. But that was really just the beginning of this episode. What lay ahead was much more important.

Ashley’s date with Lucas was a good one, but I’m still not sold on the chemistry between them. I’d like to get your thoughts on a man asking permission to kiss a girl. I have my theory on this, but I’d like to get your opinion — is it romantic or insecure? The group date was very cool. Having never been to Hong Kong, I never knew that just outside one of the busiest cities in the world are some of the most beautiful exotic beaches in the world. One thing I really noticed on the group date was how many guys admitted they were falling for Ashley. Ames, Ben F. and Ryan are all falling hard for her. The one thing I can’t quite understand is why Ryan drives these guys crazy. Sometimes there’s just people that rub you the wrong way, and he just must be one of those guys. Ashley’s one-on-one date with JP was very interesting, specifically how good their chemistry seems to be. (Side note: I want to bring up another question for you ladies to answer this week. Why do all women ask men when they cried last? Is it to make sure they are sensitive or to show that they can be vulnerable? Seems to be a very common question women ask men on dates.)

After telling JP about Bentley, Ashley was really feeling really good. But she had a very different reaction when telling the guys which lead to a total meltdown at the cocktail party. Confident men like JP, Ames, Ben F and Ryan had no problem with Ashley and were very cool about the whole thing. Most of the guys that got upset calmed down after a while — except Mickey, that is. I honestly don’t think he meant to leave, but he ended up talking himself into a decision he couldn’t get out of and next thing he knew, he was on a boat and headed back home. All in all it was a rocky night and a rocky episode, but Ashley has come out the other side a better, stronger woman and the guys that remain are definitely all here for the right reasons. As you saw in the tease at the end of the show, what remains is an amazing tale you will really enjoy watching.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

What's left is an amazing tale you will really enjoy watching...

I think sentences like those should be reserved for seasons where we can actually see the lead falling for 1 or 2 people. When we've gone half the season and are still waiting, I call that a waste of my time and a point where I could care less about it all. Sorry, Chris, statements like the one you made above come too little too late...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Being from the South, there are still some truly Southern men (though hardly any left here) that would ask before they kissed a woman.

I have to say, I'm a Southern girl, too, and it was always a pet peeve of mine (many years ago, back in the day wihen I was dating) if a guy asked if he could kiss me. Maybe it's an attempt at manners, but it tended to kill the mood for me. I used to say, if you have to ask, the answer is probably "no."
    Ellen and kateb like this.

Chris Harrison previews the next 'Bachelorette' and his interview with Emily | PopWatch | EW.com

I hope everybody is having a fantastic 4th of July holiday. Obviously because of the holiday we don’t have a new episode tonight, but we will return next week, July 11, with not only a brand new episode but also the much-anticipated interview with Emily. The interview in which I sit down with Emily and get her take on her relationship with Brad will air at the end of next week’s original Bachelorette episode. As you have no doubt heard already, Brad and Emily have unfortunately broken up. They attempted to remain quiet and private, but with so much attention being paid to them it just wasn’t possible. For that reason, Emily reluctantly came in and sat down with me to talk about her relationship, what went wrong, and how the circus surrounding them has affected their lives. This was an interview I definitely did not expect to do and did not enjoy in the least. Both Brad and Emily are friends of mine, and we all really thought the next time we saw them would be to plan their wedding. Many have asked why we only sat down with Emily and not Brad. I talked to Brad several times leading up to this interview and have talked to him since. While he gave his blessing for Emily to speak on their behalf, his emotions are still just too raw and he wasn’t ready to speak openly about it all yet. I respect that decision and told him I was extremely sorry we had to do this interview at all.

Both Brad and Emily completely understand the public attention. After all they got engaged in front of millions of you on national TV. Emily and I will discuss this fact, but we will also touch on how the media and even some fans have taken things a bit too far and have crossed the line of decency. This is unfortunately part of our lives now. In this day and age of tabloid magazines that go to incredibly desperate lengths to stir up a story, bloggers who have absolutely no culpability for what they write, and paparazzi that could care less about the people they are hunting down, there is a scary atmosphere out there for people on our show as well as others.

Ashley is unfortunately getting a first hand lesson on this as well. I just sat down with her this week in preparation for the Men Tell All special airing later this month. She too has felt the wrath of the media and even fans concerning her handling of the Bentley situation. It’s hard to explain to people that despite what they saw, Ashley did not see any of what Bentley was saying behind the scenes. She had that initial warning from Michelle Money to begin with, but even Michelle said she wasn’t sure how valid the info was. So while Ashley had some trepidation, it wasn’t anything that would make her run for the hills. Add that to the fact that the guy was smooth and essentially played her, and she actually handled the situation quite well. In the end you have to remember she came to the same conclusion you did. She figured out the guy wasn’t legit and has major issues. Ashley’s journey is really just about to take off, and from here on out this season is fantastic. In some ways it’s just beginning for her and for the guys.

One last Bachelor note I want to pass along. We have wrapped production on the first part of Bachelor Pad 2. I can’t begin to tell you how good this show is going to be. Fans of our show will be blown away, and people who have never watched will be addicted after the first episode. It all starts August 8 on ABC. I look forward to seeing you all next Monday night with an all-new original episode of The Bachelorette. Also please visit our website thebachelor.tv for the latest update on Ali and Roberto. I spoke with them last week about the first anniversary of their proposal and their plans for a wedding. They also had a lot to say about Ashley and her difficult journey to find love. Please check it out; their interview will be posted on Wednesday afternoon.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Can we hope that Bachelor Pad 2 will not be quite as sleazy as Bachelor Pad 1? JMHO.

Wow. What a shock. Brad and Emily broke up.
    Columbia, MD likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast