Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

This is really really bad.The worst one I have ever seen to date.I skipped a few parts last night, and read my book. But I just dont see this girl happy , really 100% happy with anyone.jmho

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    next week Ashley in an even darker place over Bentley? Think I'll skip it. Oy Vey...
    Maybe jerk Bentley tells her the truth, like I just wasn't that into you and I really came on the show hoping for Emily as the Bachelorette. Frankly, I hope he does so she can stop acting stupid and move on. Then she will be devestated and question if all the other guys feel the same, blah, blah, blah!

I like Ashley a lot, but she may turn out to be the worst Bachelorette we've ever had. Who falls head over heels in a week and with a guy you have been warned ahead of time was a jerk and not there for the right reasons? ASHLEY!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u View Post
    Maybe jerk Bentley tells her the truth, like I just wasn't that into you and I really came on the show hoping for Emily as the Bachelorette. Frankly, I hope he does so she can stop acting stupid and move on. Then she will be devestated and question if all the other guys feel the same, blah, blah, blah!

I like Ashley a lot, but she may turn out to be the worst Bachelorette we've ever had. Who falls head over heels in a week and with a guy you have been warned ahead of time was a jerk and not there for the right reasons? ASHLEY!
    I completely agree! The girl seems to have zero self-confidence, and it is painful to watch on TV.

How can anyone put a happy face on Monday nights episode (4)? It might be the worst episode in Bachelor/ette history, EVER!!!! First, it rained all the time and that was depressing. Then Constantine and Ames were soooo boring and last but not least, Ashley whining about that creep, Bentley, every other breath was more than I could stand. Honestly, I have seen every episode of the 22 seasons of this franchise and I can say this episode is easily one I could have missed and been better for it. If Ashley & TPTB do not get rid of the Bentley issue, I could easily miss the rest of the season. This season just sucks!!!!

I am at a loss to understand Ashley's insecurity and wonder if this is also a story line created by the TPTB. She is very attractive, has no weight, skin, hair issues, no cellulite or figure flaws, is bilingual, athletic with dance ability enough to teach and most of all she is smart enough to become a doctor. She attends prestigious school and is chosen for two tv shows making it to third in one and the star of the other. She has a loving family or so it appeared even with the absent father. At this point it almost seems self indulgent to languish in insecurities. Enough already....
    fireflyer, Hyper and sunnymicki like this.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 5 | PopWatch | EW.com

I know this week Bentley’s imminent return will dominate the discussion, and I have some interesting takes on what is happening and what is about to happen next week in Hong Kong — but first let’s talk about this week. We have been to some exotic locations over the last decade, but the city of Chiang Mai in Thailand might just take the cake. The city has so much to offer but the property we stayed at, the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, took it to a whole other level. This resort that sits on over sixty acres and includes two working rice paddies in the middle of it. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen. You know a resort is big when you can check out mountain bikes just to get around. The guys arrived in old school limos straight out of a James Bond film. The only difference is these limos were not just old school they were old. It was a really hot day and the limos that had A/C weren’t working that well. Let’s just say the guys were more than happy to get out and get to their villa. Speaking of their villa, it was insane. The men stayed in a three story presidential villa complete with a grand piano and incredibly valuable art that the guys were scared to death of breaking.

Ashley’s date with Ben F. was a great experience on the streets of Chiang Mai. It’s easy to get lost in the markets and Temples in this city and that’s exactly what they did. The group date was a tough one, but in my opinion it was one of the coolest dates we had this season. One of the things you have to experience while in Chiang Mai is Muay Thai boxing. Some of our crew and I attended a match the night before so we were excited to see it all play out on this date. A ring was set up for us in the middle of a town square. Fliers were passed out and ads ran on the radio promoting this “fight” drawing a nice crowd. These guys were really put through the wringer on this date. They worked out hard in incredible heat for about three hours before arriving for the actual fight. By the time they showed up at the ring they were all exhausted and a bit dehydrated.

Most the fights were pretty even but not the one between Ryan and Ames. As Ames will be the first to tell you, he’s not a fighter. Being the trooper he is he got out there and gave it his all. Unfortunately that meant he took about five good shots to the head. I was standing right there when Ames climbed out of the ring and I can attest to the fact that he was not all there. He was just sitting there with a blank look on his face and everybody knew something was wrong. He went to the hospital was diagnosed with a minor concussion and was released later that afternoon. I felt bad for Ames, not so much because he got his bell rung but more for the fact that he got wheeled into a hospital in hot pink boxing trunks. In all seriousness, everybody likes Ames and he had a great sense of humor about the whole thing, at least what he remembers about it.

Two-on-one dates just flat-out stink. This one in my opinion was worse than most because of what I will call the Bentley factor. Ashley was not in a good place and really wasn’t open to fighting for either one of these guys in the state she’s in right now. I heard Ben C. made comments about getting back home and being excited about online dating. Whether he was kidding as he claimed, I don’t know, but either way it probably wasn’t a good idea to bring that up to the other guys. William thought he was in the driver’s seat and home free, but Ashley just wasn’t in the mood that night and sent him packing as well. When I broke up the cocktail party I could feel the tension in the air, and when I sat down with Ashley at deliberation I could tell she was in a bad place. A massive thunderstorm blew in that night, very symbolic of what’s going on in Ashley’s mind right now. I will admit I was a little disappointed that she had slipped back in to this place and was still so hung up on Bentley. I was brutally honest with her at deliberation. I firmly believed we reached a serious breaking point. If things continue down this path this isn’t going to end well. There is absolutely no way possible Ashley can find love like this.

At this point we weren’t quite sure what we were going to do about this, but we knew for certain we had to do something. Obviously you’ve seen in the previews, what we were able to do was get Bentley to meet us in Hong Kong next week to face Ashley again and answer all her questions. One way or the other this needs to end for her. A lot has been made about Ashley’s meeting with Bentley but in my opinion the bigger story next week is how the other men react when Ashley comes clean and tells them everything that happened. Next week is an episode not to be missed from start to finish. It will absolutely shape everything that will happen the rest of this season and maybe the rest of Ashley’s life. I look forward to hearing from you this week, and I very much anticipate your reactions to what unfolds next week in Hong Kong.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oh goody. So middle-schoolesque drama is what the U.S. American TV-watching public craves these days -- or at least falls for the ads of the sponsors. Wow. So this is what the capitalist experiment has come to after only a couple of centuries. Wow. That's sad. But not shocking.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

At this point we weren’t quite sure what we were going to do about this, but we knew for certain we had to do something.
    How can they say this when obviously they can just show Ashley the tapes of Bentley trashing her!
    Ryvetted likes this.
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

I know it is all for drama, but they could have saved a boatload of $$$ and set up and recorded Ashley and Bentley on Skype working through the issues. Without the ability to manipulate her by touching her, Bentley would have to answer the questions head-on.

ETA: BTW, perhaps to put a true end to this and to make CH earn his paycheck for the week, Chris should be present in the hotel room when Ashley and Bentley speak and serve as a mediator between the two. He wouldn't let Bentley off the hook quite so easily. I'm not sure, though, if he's capable of putting someone in the "hot seat" without a live audience sitting several feet from him.

FORT Fogey

Don't think CH should be in the room when Ashley and Bentley meet. They need to hash this out by themselves. She has got to make her own decision and see him for what he really is. CH has some strong feelings regarding Bentley and he could possibly interject something that should not be said. Just my humble opinion.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast