+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jillian - Ed Split

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

There's an interesting radio interview with Ed (of the green shorts) over on Joker's. The DJ's are asking him how much he knows about Ali's season (nothing), then segue into questions about Jillian's season and their breakup.

The most revealing item? Early on in the interview he says he was single going into the Bachelorette, then admits later on that yes, he did have a girlfriend (but only one!) when he started the show.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3989878;
    There's an interesting radio interview with Ed (of the green shorts) over on Joker's. The DJ's are asking him how much he knows about Ali's season (nothing), then segue into questions about Jillian's season and their breakup.

The most revealing item? Early on in the interview he says he was single going into the Bachelorette, then admits later on that yes, he did have a girlfriend (but only one!) when he started the show.
    I don't get either Jillian or Ed. Really, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3989930;
    I don't get either Jillian or Ed. Really, I don't.
    Oh Ed and Jillian are simple. Ed is an over-aged fratboy with a Peter Pan complex who needs to grow up before he deserves to have a good woman and Jillian is a loving, but stubborn woman that knows she makes the same mistakes in love over and over but does nothing to break the cycle. She latched on to Ed and thought that HER determination could make up for everything he lacked.

Too bad CL wasn't on Jillian's season. Think he would be a better fit with her than he is with Ali.
    The problem with rag mags is that when people like what is printed then they think they are reliable, and when people don't like it they like to drag out all the former stories that were wrong

I like Jill a lot, but I have begun to wonder....would she be happy with someone who didn't need fixing?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3989878;

Oh only one, jeez, why were we so hard on him? One measly girlfriend, that's it! I take back everything I've ever said about you, Ed!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3989954;
    Oh Ed and Jillian are simple. Ed is an over-aged fratboy with a Peter Pan complex who needs to grow up before he deserves to have a good woman and Jillian is a loving, but stubborn woman that knows she makes the same mistakes in love over and over but does nothing to break the cycle. She latched on to Ed and thought that HER determination could make up for everything he lacked.

Too bad CL wasn't on Jillian's season. Think he would be a better fit with her than he is with Ali.
    I don't know if she's his type. He seems like to like blond, curvier women like Ali since he's so obsessed with her. I also don't know if Jillian would have been okay fitting into the Cape Cod lifestyle, since she really enjoyed all of the partying before she decided to sober up and get rid of Ed. They're both lonely but wonderful people so I guess it could have worked out.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

What's the song say - something like:

She's a big-hearted woman/ in love with a two-timing man
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I don't think Ed was so bad. I've seen his type before. They only do what women allow them to do.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Re: Jillian - Ed Split

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3974759;
    Here is a thought provoking assessment of the situation:

{EDIT]

(if I have posted link incorrectly-so sorry in advance...)

Included is this quote of Ed's:

ďLast I checked I do not live in a monastery, and Iím definitely a bit of a frat boy at heart. Letís face it, I have fourteen of my college buddies living within two square miles of me. And I went to Michigan State, so these guys donít mess around. Not to mention Chicago is one of the worldís largest adult playgrounds (and the most bars per capita in the US -very proud of this one). Donít get me wrong, Iím not out dating strippers and wearing Ed Hardy shirts either.Ē

gezzzzzzzzzzz he's acting like he just turned 21 and is having his first go at drinking and partying...grow up..as for Jilly...I always thought she deserved better...I never liked Ed too much but was willing to support her since that was her choice...I hope she finds someone who is totally worthy of her and gives her all the love she deserves
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jillian - Ed Split

I think you need to hear a little more of what that interview was about...

first of all he went on the Chicago DJ show for his foundation he has been working on ( I guess in between all this partying every night). The foundation is titled GEOTF.org. You may want to look that over it is his idea to bring technology software to deprived countries....and is heading to Africa....

So not only is Jillian working on something that is giving back to people who need assistance so is Ed.

He stated how much he loved Jillian...he said he loved her a lot. He missed her, is sad and she is his best friend. They talk every day. He said he loves her but they have differences that they are having problems with...

The ring they gave back to the show and he said that ring does not signify anything....and he would get her a different ring if they decide to get engaged....

He said he was not prepared for what happened on the show.

I have said before I feel Ed got such a beating from US Weekly and they are doing it again....to prove they were right or something.....that it really is probably taking a toil on the guy.....he can't do anything right in their eyes...and they keep repeating this girlfriend thing from last year as if it is happening today.

He mentioned a girlfriend when he went on the show and sarcastically said that he knew her for "like 100 years". They asked if he would get back with her now and he emphatically said NO

.......he was dating the summer they wanted him on the show, he balked at being on but finally gave in....

I wish the best for those two I think they are two peas in a pod, but whatever is causing them issues I hope they resolve...if not I wish them both luck either way it goes.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast