+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jillian - Ed Split

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jillian - Ed Split

Quote Originally Posted by nikikass;3974180;
    I just adore Jillian. There was so much backlash on her choice, I truly felt sorry for her. The way she is handling heir split is just remarkable and maybe just maybe Ed is realizing what a Gem he could lose.

I can almost see a reuniting on a higher level between those two.. And if not, Jillian has all the tools (and then some) to be in a loving, sincere and compassionate relationship with almost anyone.

I am sure the men will be knocking down her door.

Jillian, you are an admirable woman and whatever choices you make in life will only make you stronger and more loving.

Good luck..
    To me they both brought issues to the relationship and they also had some very positive things going for them and that's why they lasted so long for a show such as this....

Hopefully, they work this out apart because they could not work it out when they were together........and they both are mentioning they took a break...

Ed to me got a bad rap, and everything anyone says about him goes back to some girls he dated, and no matter what he says or does after that people have made up their minds....which to me is not a fair assessment of anyone....

She found in him someone that she loves and despite all the nastiness about Ed he loved her back.......and maybe that's why they aren't throwing in the towel just yet........both are still wanting it to work out....not just Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3974191;
    To me they both brought issues to the relationship and they also had some very positive things going for them and that's why they lasted so long for a show such as this....

Hopefully, they work this out apart because they could not work it out when they were together........and they both are mentioning they took a break...

Ed to me got a bad rap, and everything anyone says about him goes back to some girls he dated, and no matter what he says or does after that people have made up their minds....which to me is not a fair assessment of anyone....

She found in him someone that she loves and despite all the nastiness about Ed he loved her back.......and maybe that's why they aren't throwing in the towel just yet........both are still wanting it to work out....not just Jillian
    I hope so.. They were together just over a year, that certainly means something... I believe Ed truly loves her and I really think he will try to woo her back in time..

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3973571;
    Ed has a new twitter and is tweeting to Jillian that they should sell the ring and use the money for a new BMW. She tweeted back that they should get a cabin on the lake, but they can toss a coin to decide. Oh, Jilly Bean, is this your way of acting "cool" and making sure no one knows how hurt you are by the split?

In other news, she posted a picture of herself getting her hair done this morning and it looks like she's lost about 10-15lbs since filming TBette. Yeah, this whole engagement/break-up isn't taking a toll on her.
    So he has a new Twitter entirely, huh? I wonder if that might've had something to do with the fact that either his last tweet on the old one or one of the last tweets posted the phone number and email address of an US Weekly reporter, saying they make up quotes, and basically egging people on to contact said reporter. Such a mature man, that one.

Hopefully in time Jillian will find someone who will treat her with respect and love. I always believed Ed was a disaster waiting to happen, but some people have to learn for themselves.

All I have to say on Ed at this point is he acts like an overgrown brat, and he needs to grow up and get over himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3974075;
    Ed was never anywhere near good enough for her. Or anyone.
    Touché! No guy stuck in "frat guy mode" is!

Here's my take given what little info is known-I am more than willing to admit I may be off-base as we learn more.
    From Jilly's comments re: her appearance on Extreme Makeover, she seemed to have been truly touched by the family involved. I think it served to clarify her priorities for her. Who knows? Maybe Ty Pennington gave her a pep talk, re-igniting her passion for design and of the opportunities that lay on the West Coast. I think the show rejuvinated her on so many levels.
    She has left Ed with an ultimatum: Pick a city on the west coast to move to or don't... Simple as that.
    From what Ed has said about his friends-there are many and they all live near him and share the same carefree lifestyle. They sound pretty tight knit. Ed is very much a guy's guy and may have difficulty giving those friendships up at this point in his life for any lady. He may opt to pick the path of least resistance, so that he does not have make the difficult choice between the two. Ideally a partner in town would better fit the bill. He is quite entrenched in the party life-style which seems to involve copious amounts of alcohol, which Jilly has bravely decided to renounce. (Bravo!) Their two lifestyles are no longer compatible on that count. Ed would have to leave that behind as well. Or would it just continue in the new place? Could go either way...
    So it all boils down to Ed. The balls are all in his court, so to speak. That said, I hope Jilly continues with her dream of opening her own design agency on the west coast and live a beautiful life with or without him. She needs to define a time-frame as to how long she is willing to wait. Ed,for his part, has a lot to think about...
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-11-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Here is a thought provoking assessment of the situation:

{EDIT]

(if I have posted link incorrectly-so sorry in advance...)

Included is this quote of Ed's:

“Last I checked I do not live in a monastery, and I’m definitely a bit of a frat boy at heart. Let’s face it, I have fourteen of my college buddies living within two square miles of me. And I went to Michigan State, so these guys don’t mess around. Not to mention Chicago is one of the world’s largest adult playgrounds (and the most bars per capita in the US -very proud of this one). Don’t get me wrong, I’m not out dating strippers and wearing Ed Hardy shirts either.”
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-11-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

FORT Fogey

If she gets back together with him under any circumstances at this point, she is a double idiot. Moving him to another city isn't going to give him a magical personality transformation. He'll take his immature irresponsible crap with him wherever he goes. He might leave behind his college buddies in Chicago ... so what? There are similar types everywhere, and I'm sure he'll find them in short order and be up to the same drinking and partying.

As far as selling the ring to buy a BMW or a cabin, it is not theirs to sell until two years after the engagement, so I don't know what they're talking about. Jillian would be better off not communicating with him, before he convinces her he's a changed man, which will be a big pile of hooey! Who sells their engagement ring, supposedly a symbol of their love and commitment, to buy a friggin' BMW, anyway? Only a shallow jerk like Ed. Jillian needs to cut her losses and never look back. She has a great life ahead, and he would only be an albatross around her neck. She could never trust him ... who needs that?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3974814;
    If she gets back together with him under any circumstances at this point, she is a double idiot. Moving him to another city isn't going to give him a magical personality transformation. He'll take his immature irresponsible crap with him wherever he goes. He might leave behind his college buddies in Chicago ... so what? There are similar types everywhere, and I'm sure he'll find them in short order and be up to the same drinking and partying.

As far as selling the ring to buy a BMW or a cabin, it is not theirs to sell until two years after the engagement, so I don't know what they're talking about. Jillian would be better off not communicating with him, before he convinces her he's a changed man, which will be a big pile of hooey! Who sells their engagement ring, supposedly a symbol of their love and commitment, to buy a friggin' BMW, anyway? Only a shallow jerk like Ed. Jillian needs to cut her losses and never look back. She has a great life ahead, and he would only be an albatross around her neck. She could never trust him ... who needs that?
    They were joking around........they don't want a BMW or cabin...its just their way of getting back at the news stories in the tabloids wondering if Jillian has to give the ring back or not...you know being nosy about them

"...she did state awhile back that she would like another ring not the one that ABC paid for...we will see...

Ed is out partying, maybe...those people take one instance with him on the 4th and turn it into the drunken feast of the century with their innuedo and sources, and strange lurking "friends" milling about....

.......but Jillian though working on her show...has mentioned quite a few times she is also with BFF's out and about......

What do these magazines expect the two of them holed in their rooms crying buckets....???

And she will be making plenty of money on that show to override what that ring os worth anyway....

Agreed trisha22. They were definitely joking around about the whole ring thing.

And while Ed may like to go out and party, Jillian enjoys doing so as well, including her signature party trick of balancing her drink on her head. Even after her statement about not liking the bar scene, I have seen several pictures of her out at them.

Also, having followed this couple much more closely than most here, I have a different opinion about them as a couple compared to many. I actually don't think it's a horrible relationship for either one of them to be in. I am confident that they both love each other very much and will make the best decision on what's best for both of them. Maybe they will even get back together after this little "break". That would not surprise me at all.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;3975652;
    Agreed trisha22. They were definitely joking around about the whole ring thing.

And while Ed may like to go out and party, Jillian enjoys doing so as well, including her signature party trick of balancing her drink on her head. Even after her statement about not liking the bar scene, I have seen several pictures of her out at them.

Also, having followed this couple much more closely than most here, I have a different opinion about them as a couple compared to many. I actually don't think it's a horrible relationship for either one of them to be in. I am confident that they both love each other very much and will make the best decision on what's best for both of them. Maybe they will even get back together after this little "break". That would not surprise me at all.
    Going to bars to hang out and chill with friends and lighting firecrackers on people's heads because you're so snockered you don't know what's happening are not in the same league.

I sincerely hope these two don't ever get back together because Jillian deserves a loving, supportive man, not an overgrown fratboy. Can you imagine if she ever got pregnant in their relationship? She'd stay home with the baby and he'd go out with his playmates all night, every night?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3975657;
    Going to bars to hang out and chill with friends and lighting firecrackers on people's heads because you're so snockered you don't know what's happening are not in the same league.

I sincerely hope these two don't ever get back together because Jillian deserves a loving, supportive man, not an overgrown fratboy. Can you imagine if she ever got pregnant in their relationship? She'd stay home with the baby and he'd go out with his playmates all night, every night?
    Well, my father and his three brothers pull similar stunts every year for the 4th of July. They are all married with kids. It doesn't stop them from continuing a tradition they have had since they were teenagers.

And I will say from all the info I know about them, Ed is very loving and supportive. Like I said, many will never see what I see in this couple. That's okay. But knowing what I know, I don't think them ending up together would be as bad as some people think. JMO.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast