+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jillian - Ed Split

Re: Jillian - Ed Split

I for one am really dissappointed to hear this.
    I may be in the minority, but I liked them a lot as a couple, both during the show & after. They handled the media attacks & rumor-mongering with such class, & seemed to put their own love & relationship above all the garbage. This shows a character that other Bachelor/Bachelorette couples just don't seem to have.
    I had high hopes for them & wanted to see them prove all the naysayers wrong. I hope they can pull it back together, but I doubt it. Usually when a relationship has trouble enough for a separation this early on, it just doesn't bounce back.
    Men, at least, have a habit of giving up & moving on rather quickly, rather than changing the problems & trying to fix things.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Re: The Bachelor Pad *Spoilers*

Well, I am not sure where to post this, but this seems as good as any!
    If they are short one woman, Jillian is now free. She kicked Ed to the curb-engagement's off. She's sad but she said "she had to look out for herself". It was partially about her decision to quit drinking (and Ed probably not) that lead to the split. She said a few weeks ago on ETC that they had hit a rough patch and that she only wanted to surround herself with 'healthy things'. Ed clearly did not make the cut on that front. Oh, oh there's more to it I see: "We think Ed was doing shady stuff during their relationship," an unnamed source told RadarOnline.com "Jillian knew but couldn't put her finger on it."
    Once a cad always a cad. I called it just as I saw it from the get-go. No rose coloured glasses for me. On that note, I can't see her with Reid either.
    I am thrilled for her she has finally seen the light, given up the notion of trying too hard to make it work and has regained her self-respect in the process. Only good things can come of this news. Fleece, in the meantime, has yet another failure on his hands.
    Last edited by ChickenGuyWing; 07-09-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Bachelor Pad *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3972642;
    Well, I am not sure where to post this, but this seems as good as any!
    If they are short one woman, Jillian is now free. She kicked Ed to the curb-engagement's off. She's sad but she said "she had to look out for herself". It was partially about her decision to quit drinking (and Ed probably not) that lead to the split. She said a few weeks ago on ETC that they had hit a rough patch and that she only wanted to surround herself with 'healthy things'. Ed clearly did not make the cut on that front. Oh, oh there's more to it I see: "We think Ed was doing shady stuff during their relationship," an unnamed source told RadarOnline.com "Jillian knew but couldn't put her finger on it."
    Once a cad always a cad. I called it just as I saw it from the get-go. No rose coloured glasses for me. On that note, I can't see her with Reid either.
    I am thrilled for her she has finally seen the light, given up the notion of trying too hard to make it work and has regained her self-respect in the process. Only good things can come of this news. Fleece, in the meantime, has yet another failure on his hands.
    It's another failure, but I don't know how much you can blame Fleiss for this one. Jillian had two other great guys to choose from in the F3, but she chose drunken lying bad boy Ed, and no one but her was responsible for that. It was him or no one for her. It just took her a year to grow up and figure it out. She finally saw what we all saw right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3972737;
    It's another failure, but I don't know how much you can blame Fleiss for this one. Jillian had two other great guys to choose from in the F3, but she chose drunken lying bad boy Ed, and no one but her was responsible for that. It was him or no one for her. It just took her a year to grow up and figure it out. She finally saw what we all saw right away.
    Technically it's not Fleece's fault true, but as you know, perception is everything...The media will likely spin it that way. So relieved she decided to alter her romantic script. Ed won't be changing anytime soon. For anyone!

More media news Source: The Examiner-Toronto Toronto News, Restaurants, more by Top Local Experts

Former Bachelorette star Jillian Harris is once again a bachelorette. After a year of show winner Ed Swiderski’s cheating on her and sleeping with other women, Harris is opening up to the media about her decision to call off the engagement.

The couple, who appeared on Season 5 of ABC's The Bachelorette, were engaged in the Season Finale of the show. Bachelor contestant Ed, 30, a senior technology consultant gave her words for forever.

"I want you to be with me forever,” he told Harris, 30, as he accepted the final rose. But a year after the engagement and Harris said Ed's "forever" was too short-lived.

In the latest issue of Us magazine, sources close to the former contestant and interior designer say she's been dealing with "hard-partying" and cheating since shortly after the show's season ended.

"I love him and I'm really sad," Harris told Us. "But I have to look out for me."

Ed's cheating, for most viewers, comes as no surprise. The tall, dark and handsome man that Jillian chose had reportedly been playing tour de force with two other women while on the show. When he would go out of town, friends of the couple say Jillian would often find evidence of Ed texting old girlfriends and staying out late.

While Ed chalked up his actions to being a "frat-boy at heart" with many "female friends", Harris continued to try and make ends meet. She proposed the idea of a second proposal off the television set and asked Ed earlier this year to find one city to settle into. Even still, Ed seemed to only want to settle into the party and drinking scene. Harris says she reached a point where she couldn't "handle it" anymore.

"I've spent the last few years of my life making rash decisions, and this isn't going to be one of them," Harris added, while more recent reports of Ed's flirtatious behavior mount up. While some critics say Harris may be trying to hold onto the $60K engagement ring, others say she may be trying to fight for true love - Even Jillian herself.

"We live in real life now, and we have a very real relationship," she said in a past interview immediately following the engagement. "But we all know, even that sometimes isn't enough.."

After watching the Jake and Vienna interview on Monday, Jillian took to her Twitter account and expressed a self-felt sympathy for a relationship gone awry.

"Heartbroken for these two right now," she posted to fans. "Not for the failure of the relationship, for the failure of restraint & the route it went down."

The 'frat-boy at-heart had a Fourth of July party-Sounds really broken up...
    She has moved in with her folks (and fabulous grandmother) in Kelowna. I am sure her family is being supportive, yet I wonder if they are sighing with relief...
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-10-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Is that why they broke up, he was cheating? I haven't really read anything about it.
    Yeah, way. That's what I read. She was allegedly suspicious of that for a long time and finally dumped him.

FORT Fogey

Who cares? Back to Jake and Vienna! lol!

FumaLover, you can tell her that I always loved her sense of style.

I'm sorry things didn't work out between her and Ed. I didn't like him on her show and was hoping she would pick Reid, but I did hope that their engagement would last since they seemed happy together. I think she can do much better than Ed though - hope she finds the right guy.

Ed has a new twitter and is tweeting to Jillian that they should sell the ring and use the money for a new BMW. She tweeted back that they should get a cabin on the lake, but they can toss a coin to decide. Oh, Jilly Bean, is this your way of acting "cool" and making sure no one knows how hurt you are by the split?

In other news, she posted a picture of herself getting her hair done this morning and it looks like she's lost about 10-15lbs since filming TBette. Yeah, this whole engagement/break-up isn't taking a toll on her.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Sounds like stopping to create a healthier lifestyle and put herself first is just what she needs. I'm glad she's done making rash decisions too. Hope she sticks to it. Ed was never anywhere near good enough for her. Or anyone.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I just adore Jillian. There was so much backlash on her choice, I truly felt sorry for her. The way she is handling heir split is just remarkable and maybe just maybe Ed is realizing what a Gem he could lose.

I can almost see a reuniting on a higher level between those two.. And if not, Jillian has all the tools (and then some) to be in a loving, sincere and compassionate relationship with almost anyone.

I am sure the men will be knocking down her door.

Jillian, you are an admirable woman and whatever choices you make in life will only make you stronger and more loving.

Good luck..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast