Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jillian Harris as Morning Co-Host!

Re: Jillian Harris as Morning Co-Host!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3685429;
    "Premeditated" phonecalls -- now that sounds very serious! Looks like they interrupted Jillian and Ed's breakfast. Call the phone police!

It is a great opportunity for Jillian to host with Riaz who has been a great supporter of Jillian's from the beginning. Wasn't there much speculation early in Jillian's season that Riaz had a crush on her?! This sounds like a great TV pairing for both of them and a great show for the folks in Canada that get to watch it! I hope someone can post some video clips of it.

Thumbs up to you Jillian!
    It wasn't a judgement call on them. If they say they're living together and happy with each other, props to them.

It is, however, supremely annoying to be treated like an idiot by the network. Like "Woo boy, I have a great idea!! Let's just call Jilly Bean at 6am in Chicago and see if maybe she'll be able to fill in later this week. Oh, she can? Cool! Who could have guessed?!"

It's clear the regular anchor didn't just decide to randomly leave this week and now Riaz is scrambling for a co-host. Come on. This was agreed upon weeks, if not a month ago, Jillian probably had to sign some papers, etc.. Then this morning she knew the call was coming, the producers called first, probably filled Ed and her in on what to say- aww, cute, he could be grouchy- and then Riaz and the other anchor called on-air.

Honestly, do they think their audience is made up of complete morons?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Originally Posted by Alanna
    I have said that so many times during each Bach/Bach'ette season, makes you wonder why we watch and pay attention to any of this stuff.

With Jillian's background, and being in her home turf, she'll make a great co host. I agree with stickle, regardless of what country she is in, she'll do well. She has a fun positive attitude, that certainly shines on camera.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3685454;
    Chicago is 2 hours ahead of Vancouver. BT is on between 6am and 10am, therefore it would have been approx 8am-noon in Chicago.
    Thanks for setting me straight - I am such an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Instinct;3685492;
    Thanks for setting me straight - I am such an idiot!
    Awwww..no your not. Its all very confusing.

ETA Yayyy! Post 1000 for me.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3685465;
    It wasn't a judgement call on them. If they say they're living together and happy with each other, props to them.

It is, however, supremely annoying to be treated like an idiot by the network. Like "Woo boy, I have a great idea!! Let's just call Jilly Bean at 6am in Chicago and see if maybe she'll be able to fill in later this week. Oh, she can? Cool! Who could have guessed?!"

It's clear the regular anchor didn't just decide to randomly leave this week and now Riaz is scrambling for a co-host. Come on. This was agreed upon weeks, if not a month ago, Jillian probably had to sign some papers, etc.. Then this morning she knew the call was coming, the producers called first, probably filled Ed and her in on what to say- aww, cute, he could be grouchy- and then Riaz and the other anchor called on-air.

Why does it matter Alanna? It was a fun moment on tv for fans of Ed and Jillian and all the Vancouverites who were watching. Poor Ed and Jilly. Their parade is always getting rained on, no matter what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3685465;

I honestly didn't think it was that big of deal, but I am not a local TV viewier anyway and won't be able to watch it. There was so much hype early on about Riaz having a crush on her that I am sorry I won't get to see it. This is an excellent opportunity for Jillian if she wants a career on TV - this is a good start for her. Obviously the show is trying to get their publicity out, they started this thread didn't they?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123