Closed Thread
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 688

Thread: Media Thread

  1. #61
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3653435;
    Here is the tweet courtesy of a poster at JU:

    leahmcclure: @chrisbharrison Love u but the Ed scandel will go beyond even more. US reporter has home video clips of Ed week he took off

    It's probably Ed and Lindsey dancing/kissing/hanging out at the wedding. Clearly Jillian doesn't care about any or all of this so it's just going to hurt her more imo.
    Knowing Jill that's most probable.

    BUT if these girls are providing even more proof, then I can only see these girls gaining more credibility. I mean, if they're not lying about what happened the week he left, then how can we accuse them of lying about the rest (i.e. after J & E were engaged)? Especially when they have the emails to prove the contact!

    This attack is against Ed. Jill is in the middle of it defending him, and looking like the biggest sucker.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  2. #62
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Media Thread

    Interesting I'msotired, after reading the whole series of Jillian's Excellent Adventures bwah and what CH said, the key might be to say Ed's too good for you girl rather than the other way around?
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-10-2009 at 05:57 PM.

  3. #63
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3653381;
    Lavender, for some reason my browser won't go there. Can you recap, please?
    Thanks!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3653455;
    Knowing Jill that's most probable.

    BUT if these girls are providing even more proof, then I can only see these girls gaining more credibility. I mean, if they're not lying about what happened the week he left, then how can we accuse them of lying about the rest (i.e. after J & E were engaged)? Especially when they have the emails to prove the contact!

    This attack is against Ed. Jill is in the middle of it defending him, and looking like the biggest sucker.
    I just can't reconcile, and don't know how Jill & her family can reconcile

    A - Ed says he had to leave because of work, worked hard while gone and thought of her the whole time, but now he's realized he's in love with her and she helped him re-prioritize his life, had to get back to her, etc WITH

    B - texting girls while filming, including clearly trying to get out of the show to get back to Lyndsey, hooking up with them while home

    She says she only cares about what happened after they got engaged, but I just don't get how she can be OK with the above lies, because it makes everything else a scam, everything he said relating to the whole leave & come back, etc, just lies, lies, lies, including what he told her parents, including what he said in interviews prior to Edgate coming out

  5. #65
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    56

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;3653440;
    I don't think it is fair to crucify Jilian for craving a time when people were not wishing ill upon her and when she went from being loved to being hated. That is human nature and I am willing to bet that anyone in her shoes would wish the same thing. She might have wanted the attention but many former contestants were able to go back to some normalcy in their lives. She was probably hoping her life would be more like Trista and Ryan and less like Brangelina!! Things will calm down for her and soon no one will care as much.

    I wasn't on the boards much last season so I missed all the Jason hoopla but I really think that a lot of people have taken this whole situation WAY TOO personally. Jillan has not wronged me or someone I love. She is going about her life and I wish her well.
    She's no Trista and he's no Ryan. Jillian and Ed have both appeared to relish in what has been the sleaziest season ever. She's an embarrassment to women everywhere, IMO. Ed could feel up Tori at the wedding and I doubt Jillian would blink an eye. Knowing her past actions, she would probably think it was funny.

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3653461;
    Interesting I'msotired, after reading the whole series of Jillian's Excellent Adventures bwah and what CH said, the key might be to say Ed's too good for you girl rather than the other way around?
    LOL, but nah.... I still have hope for Jillian --hope that she'll return to the confident woman from last season who I liked so much. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  7. #67
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3653464;
    Lavender, for some reason my browser won't go there. Can you recap, please?
    Thanks!
    I'll just post then if that's OK, let me if not

    For those of you who, like me, sat glued watching "The Bachelorette" all summer long because you couldn't find someone to actually date in real life and resorted to living vicariously through TV, it was hard not to get attached to the people on the show. Even though none of these dating reality shows actually end up in a real lasting relationship, you still kind of imagine each time a new show starts that THIS time might be different.

    In the last season of "The Bachelorette," Jillian refused two other proposals to end up with a man named Ed Swiderski. If you watched the last few episodes, you will know that Ed (or E.D. he should perhaps more appropriately be referred to) was not Mr. Perfect. He left the show because his job was more important to him, came back when he changed his mind, suffered from some stresses that affected his 'performance,' and certainly did not have the 10-pack abs that his competitor offered the audience. Regardless, Jillian chose him and got all excited about their engagement and long life together.

    However, it now appears that Ed, technically speaking, is the worst guy ever. Even though he had some performance issues with Jillian, that didn't stop him from getting with two girls back home WHILE HE WENT ON HIS BREAK FILMING THE SHOW TO "FOCUS ON HIS CAREER". So during the time when he claimed to be so in love with Jillian that he decided to put his career on the line for her, he was actually just acting like a tramp.

    Here is my issue with this: if you aren't Mr. Corny McSoulmate Von Find My Love On National TVberg, then don't go on the show! Stay home. Slut it up. If you know that you are a sleazebag or you can't control yourself, why make it someone else's problem? Just don't go on the show and let some other hopeless romantic take your spot. I just don't understand his motivation. Apparently you don't need the show to get girls because it seems considering that your batting average in the last few weeks alone consists of 3 different women and an engagement, you're doing okay for yourself attracting ladies. It just seems very selfish to me to go on the show to begin with, let alone cheat on the poor girl.

    Is it too much to ask that men think a tiny bit before they act?

    The answer appears to be yes.

  8. #68
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3653465;
    I just can't reconcile, and don't know how Jill & her family can reconcile

    A - Ed says he had to leave because of work, worked hard while gone and thought of her the whole time, but now he's realized he's in love with her and she helped him re-prioritize his life, had to get back to her, etc WITH

    B - texting girls while filming, including clearly trying to get out of the show to get back to Lyndsey, hooking up with them while home

    She says she only cares about what happened after they got engaged, but I just don't get how she can be OK with the above lies, because it makes everything else a scam, everything he said relating to the whole leave & come back, etc, just lies, lies, lies, including what he told her parents, including what he said in interviews prior to Edgate coming out
    I don't know. She is contradicting herself all over the place but it's her life and I wish her the best.

    I don't mean to be rude but do you think we can lay off the Ed bashing in this thread too so it doesn't get locked like the other ones? I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about him so it's not because I want to protect him or anything, I just want at least one thread to stay open to discuss how Jill is doing after the show. Thanks!!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #69
    FORT Fogey AvalonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,652

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3653471;
    I don't know. She is contradicting herself all over the place but it's her life and I wish her the best.

    I don't mean to be rude but do you think we can lay off the Ed bashing in this thread too so it doesn't get locked like the other ones? I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about him so it's not because I want to protect him or anything, I just want at least one thread to stay open to discuss how Jill is doing after the show. Thanks!!
    I don't think those threads were locked because posters were bashing Ed. I think those threads were locked because posters were bashing one another.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

  10. #70
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotivesCanada;3653398;
    I agree that Jillian seems to speak with out thinking and has made mistakes but I do not think her motivation for doing the show was to get a greencard. There are way easier paths to do that than the Bachelorette and if she just wanted to try a career in the states she could have gotten a work visa - we do them for Canadians all the time here at work and its not that difficult to obtain one.

    With regards to there being no Canadian cast for the show, I see that as a seperate issue since I beleive most of the men were cast with a different (and American) bachelorette in mind.

    I do think she was niave about the impact mainstream american media would have on her private life after the show. Not that that's an excuse but just a possible explanation.
    I just wanted to agree with this post - don't think she was trying to get a green card, she probably just knew that her career is more transportable than Ed's and she's probably more open to moving than he is. Canada's not a third world country, we're not all trying to get greencards.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.