Closed Thread
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1757585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

The grand opening of the Cross Iron Mills mall is slated for August 19th whereas as previous article said August 21st

The doors to CrossIron Mills will swing open at 9 a.m. Aug. 19, an opening ceremony hosted by Kelly Hrudey begins at 9:30 a.m., and the stores will open for business at 10 a.m.

Celebrity guests scheduled to appear include Robyn Regher of the Calgary Flames, Calgary Stampeders quarterback Henry Burris, Miles Faber of So You Think You Can Dance Canada, Alberta’s own Bachelorette Jillian Harris, and Olympian Melissa Hollingsworth.

The first 2,000 people at the mall will get tickets to a private show by country singer Paul Brandt.

Oh wait, the mall site itself does not have Jillian on the agenda for the 19th -they will have things going on all this week and as initially announced Jillian is schedule for Friday Aug 21st 6:30 pm -
    8:30 m

Mall site

Well my guess is that ET Canada will definitely be covering Wednesday, someone from So You Think YOu Can Dance is also appearing at the Mall on Friday so that might bring out ET Canada again
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-18-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3666798;
    Actually, in the B and B-rette shows, body language experts seem to ALWAYS be wrong! This confuses me too. Even those of us who don't know much about this can tell when a person is constantly touching you, in "your space," etc. is interested in you. And a person who is constantly looking away from you when he or she is talking with you, well . . .
    Body language experts are often wrong when judging people they haven't met on the basis of a television viewing.
    So many variables based on how comfortable a person is being filmed, how involved their emotions are, how much they are holding back and not sharing on camera.

The person doing the choosing...bachelor/bachelorette...has a more complete picture and more interaction out of the camera's eye. Many past contestants have said that the down time while they set up shots and wait for certain timing to be right for filming is when they make the most connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3666798;
    Actually, in the B and B-rette shows, body language experts seem to ALWAYS be wrong! This confuses me too. Even those of us who don't know much about this can tell when a person is constantly touching you, in "your space," etc. is interested in you. And a person who is constantly looking away from you when he or she is talking with you, well . . .
    Actually the BL expert seemed to be spot on to me. He said (paraphrased) it will be Reid but then 3 seconds later retracted what he said and said it SHOULD be Reid but whether she will pick him or not is the question.

I was just going to say, Jillian has some time to kill

on twitter

Cayte115: Did I just see Jillian Harris at the Chicago/O'hare airport? If not.... Jillian, you have a twin. Who is NOT a morning person.
    about 4 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Radio station confirming Jillian's Friday appearance
    ENERGY1015: Woot! The New Crossiron Mills is opening TOMORROW! And come by this friday to meet Bachelorette Jillian Harris! Energy 101.5 Calgary - Today's Best Music
    about 2 hours ago from web

FORT Chocolate Lover JabbasSweetie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tess;3666806;
    It's not an exact science but it does seem odd and more than one body expert has said similar things about Ed, and different times through the process.
    Gather together 100 body language experts in one room. Show them film of Ed. Half of them would say he appears to be an honest person, the other half would say he's deceptive. So what would you have learned..absolutely nothing. Far from an exact science. In fact, it's not even a true science at all. And exactly how many body language experts are we talking about that 'studied' Ed..1,2,3?..hardly enough to arrive at a reliable conclusion..at least not as far as science is concerned...it would require more than a handful of studies before what would be considered a reliable scientific conclusion could be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich_ReidFan;3666833;
    I think abc either has already picked the bachelor or they are unsure of what to do. They are playing games.

Chris (yes I know he's just a puppet in the game) just tweeted something about asking LL Cool J to be the next bachelor. That as in response somebody asking who the next bachelor is and hoping it's Reid.
    Playing games is not a surprise, but it seems to me from Kiptyn's interview that he based his answer on an interview with Mike Fleiss. Maybe, someone should twitter Chris to account for the accuracy of the claimed quote from Mr Fleiss (that The Bachelor is either Reid, Kiptyn or Jake). I don't believe Kiptyn, Reid nor Jake have any clue if they are even in the running.

FORT Chocolate Lover JabbasSweetie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3666829;
    Actually the BL expert seemed to be spot on to me. He said (paraphrased) it will be Reid but then 3 seconds later retracted what he said and said it SHOULD be Reid but whether she will pick him or not is the question.
    I guess it just depends on which pair of glasses you're wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3666804;
    I thought the pictures were beautiful. Jillian and her cousin both looked stunning and I thought it was cute that she had a "Team Swiderski" shirt on. I wouldn't date or marry Ed and wish she had chosen Reid. BUT, she looks happy and it is her life/choice etc. Weird that Ed was wearing jeans though. Also, it looks like Tori's husband and Ed have a similar type of look that must have been Jillian's "type."
    I agree that the pictures were beautiful and Jill looked lovely and very happy. As far as the T-shirts, what I found strange was that I thought the wedding party typically all wore shirts with the groom's last name on them in support of the happy couple, not with their own individual guys' names on them (ie, Jill's shirt and Tori's shirt should have been identical). I suppose if Jill was the only bridesmaid, and since she is recently engaged, they may have thought it cute to put Ed's name on her shirt instead (also have to believe fighting back against the negative media attention played a part in the decision). It just added to the sentiment expressed here that Jill's "celebrity" resulted in more attention focused on her and her engagement than a typical maid of honor would have. It didn't seem that Tori minded though. Also agree with those that commented how "matched" the 2 couples are physically, and imagine that Jill wants to follow in Tori's footsteps with a similar style wedding very soon.

I truly hope that Ed has sincere feelings for Jill regardless of when he developed them, and is not as bad as the reputation he seems to have built in Chicago would indicate. I believe she is totally in love with him, and combined with her stubbornness and need to not be proven wrong in her decision-making abilities, her eyes will remain tightly shut for quite a while.
    Last edited by ironcat; 08-18-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3666823;
    Body language experts are often wrong when judging people they haven't met on the basis of a television viewing.
    So many variables based on how comfortable a person is being filmed, how involved their emotions are, how much they are holding back and not sharing on camera.

The person doing the choosing...bachelor/bachelorette...has a more complete picture and more interaction out of the camera's eye. Many past contestants have said that the down time while they set up shots and wait for certain timing to be right for filming is when they make the most connections.

I think body language experts are experts for a reason - certain mannerisms in each culture generally mean the same thing and a good expert will take into account nervousness and the like. Now it is not beyond the crafty folks at the Bachelor to edit out other body language or indeed instruct a certain kind of body language in order to fool the audience. However even body experts will tell you that there are certain people who can fool even them, at least initially, because either they themselves have studied body language - I am sure most people in the spy game have learned this science from both sides of the game and sociopaths and psychopaths don't react the same way as most humans, these people can actually beat a polygraph from time to time.

Where the contestants cannot hide however is in a live interview situation.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3666840;
    Playing games is not a surprise, but it seems to me from Kiptyn's interview that he based his answer on an interview with Mike Fleiss. Maybe, someone should twitter Chris to account for the accuracy of the claimed quote from Mr Fleiss (that The Bachelor is either Reid, Kiptyn or Jake). I don't believe Kiptyn, Reid nor Jake have any clue if they are even in the running.
    I also thought the same thing. I wondered if Kip's answer was solely based on the the interview we all saw with Fleiss and not based on anything specific.
    ~Michelle will only watch the bachelor if Reid is THE bachelor!!!~

Closed Thread