Closed Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3653401;
    Does Twitter falled under the Media thread?
    Cause someone sent Chris H a tweet that US will come out with more stuff....ala a video of Ed the week he left.
    Don't have any idea how that could be damaging however.
    Here is the tweet courtesy of a poster at JU:

leahmcclure: @chrisbharrison Love u but the Ed scandel will go beyond even more. US reporter has home video clips of Ed week he took off

It's probably Ed and Lindsey dancing/kissing/hanging out at the wedding. Clearly Jillian doesn't care about any or all of this so it's just going to hurt her more imo.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan09;3653418;
    The thing is Jillian doesn't seem to care what ED did the week he left, and she doesn't believe he slept with Lindsey the week after her engagement, so I think whatever US has it won't matter to Jillian. It's just pathetic.
    Video of Ed after the engagement however would be more interesting.... so we will have to keep our eye out, perhaps coverage of the response from Ed and Jillian and further response to the response?

I don't think it is fair to crucify Jilian for craving a time when people were not wishing ill upon her and when she went from being loved to being hated. That is human nature and I am willing to bet that anyone in her shoes would wish the same thing. She might have wanted the attention but many former contestants were able to go back to some normalcy in their lives. She was probably hoping her life would be more like Trista and Ryan and less like Brangelina!! Things will calm down for her and soon no one will care as much.

I wasn't on the boards much last season so I missed all the Jason hoopla but I really think that a lot of people have taken this whole situation WAY TOO personally. Jillan has not wronged me or someone I love. She is going about her life and I wish her well.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3653421;
    Sorry to hear about your daughter...hope she's okay!!

Poor Jill, I don't think people stopped liking her, I still very much like her. I just think that she's made some stupid decisions and the media, and everyone else, is watching.

I don't understand how Ed can watch her go through all these interviews and media pressure and not feel that he owes it to her to be honest....how does he sleep at night?
    You made me realize that it's Jillian that we're hearing from...she must be going crazy...why hasn't Ed spoken up or said anything to the media, a formal statement, heck even a statement saying he loves Jillian and has proved to her that all these allegations are false...instead he says boo...he just sits by, with that s**t eating grin and says he's gonna take her to the chapel of love. He makes me gag.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3653435;

leahmcclure: @chrisbharrison Love u but the Ed scandel will go beyond even more. US reporter has home video clips of Ed week he took off

It's probably Ed and Lindsey dancing/kissing/hanging out at the wedding. Clearly Jillian doesn't care about any or all of this so it's just going to hurt her more imo.
    It's really silly how she just brushes off the gf thing during the show. Again, she's a walking contradiction...she says she can't accept a man that is a liar and a cheater, how could someone come on the show with a gf...that is just the rudest thing, etc. and yet she stands by this guy? ARGH
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3653435;

I am a Twitter neophyte, I can't see that on his twitter, I sent a twitter to CH but don't see it over there, what am I doing wrong, though it could have been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen48;3653348;
    Exactly, and the constant contradiction is really getting old.
    Speaking of contradictions (how's THAT for a segue, lol?), I was cruising through CH's Recaps for some tidbits and insights (ha!) on why J chose E, and found these two comments. While they are NOT about Ed, they could be:

Entertainment Weekly’s PopWatch/Chris Harrison Blogs ‘The Bachelorette’

Comment about defending Wes, Ep8 Recap:

Ep 8 Recap: Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette': episode 8 | EW.com

Although I don't tell Jillian everything that goes on, we did have several heart-to-heart talks about all these guys on and off camera. She defended him a bit and I think the more people attacked Wes the more she wanted to prove them wrong. I know many of you wish she'd kicked him to the curb weeks ago but this was something she needed to figure out and handle in her own way and in her own time. Sure she could have done it sooner but the point is she did dump him and I think she handled herself well.

Comment about Dave’s behavior, Ep10 Recap:

Ep 10 Recap: Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette': episode 10 | EW.com

Enough was said about this ridiculous "man code" on the special, so I'm done with that. I have to say I was very happy and a little impressed that he apologized to Jillian about the way he acted. Although it was a very heartfelt, sincere apology, the problem is to this day he still doesn't understand what he did wrong. He doesn't get that you just don't treat women like that and you certainly don't put them in that position. There were so many times during the taping where I found myself trying to teach these boys life lessons. Damn you guys for that. Look I had a great time in the frat house back in college too, but it's time to stop worrying about who's doing shots and maybe worry about being a decent human being. Damn you for making me get on a soap box.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3653421;
    Sorry to hear about your daughter...hope she's okay!!

Poor Jill, I don't think people stopped liking her, I still very much like her. I just think that she's made some stupid decisions and the media, and everyone else, is watching.

I don't understand how Ed can watch her go through all these interviews and media pressure and not feel that he owes it to her to be honest....how does he sleep at night?
    Thanks BachfanNY...we are going to make sure she is okay!

Sounds like a lot has transpired in the last several days with Jill and Ed and it is not sounding very good. I'll have to catch up on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3653444;
    It's really silly how she just brushes off the gf thing during the show. Again, she's a walking contradiction...she says she can't accept a man that is a liar and a cheater, how could someone come on the show with a gf...that is just the rudest thing, etc. and yet she stands by this guy? ARGH
    I know, considering the whole THEME of the show and all the hours at that RC which were dedicated to "which guy has a girlfriend? he's wasting my time and should just leave?", now he's guilted her into "well I was falling inlove with other guys as well, so..."

TOTALLY DIFFERENT JILL!

Anyways, I don't hate her, just think she's contradicting herself and selling herself short. And I am stunned her friends are defending Ed - don't they want to protect her?!

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3653445;
    I am a Twitter neophyte, I can't see that on his twitter, I sent a twitter to CH but don't see it over there, what am I doing wrong, though it could have been deleted.
    It won't show up on his Twitter, it shows up on the profile of whoever sent that to him. If you want to see all tweets which have chrisbharrison mentioned, search him in the search option on the right hand side. It's how many have searched for sightings of the other contestants including Ed and Jillian.

And here's an article from a Chicago gossip columnist. I hope Jilly Bean grows a thick skin before officially coming here.

While I never watch dating shows like the Bachelor or Bachelorette, I have to admit that I became intrigued when I read the story in US Weekly about Bachelorette Jillian Harris and her "cheating" fiancé, Ed Swiderski. According to US Weekly, Lindsey Johnson, a former girlfriend states that Swiderski had sexual relations (Bill Clinton style sans the cigar) with her and hitting on another ex-girlfriend, Bethany Steffen after his teary eye proposal to Harris. Swiderski had sex with both women after he skipped episode five of the show because he claimed he would lose his job in Chicago.

Although no stained blue dress exists, documented proof in the form of text messages and emails demonstrate that Swiderski was cheating with these two women. Arguably, the women may have ulterior motives in coming forward but the written messages cannot be ignored. In one such text message, Swiderski says he's not attracted to Harris. In another message to Johnson, Swiderski states that he wants to "molest" Johnson when he gets home. Swiderski also sent a text to Steffen requesting that she "bring beer and condoms" to his apartment.

It is not surprising that Swiderski denied the claims made by the two women while appearing on Good Morning America last week. Swiderski might as well have appeared on television, pointed his finger and said with a soulful southern accent: "I did not have sex with those women, Ms. Johnson and Ms. Steffen."

Without placing judgment on Swiderski, it is Jillian Harris' statements defending Swiderski that I find insulting to the average person's intelligence. Although she has been subjected to degradation and in tears, she stills plans to move to Chicago next month to be closer to Swiderski. To this end, Harris denies that Swiderski was two timing her with Johnson and Steffen and claims that she was "in the loop like you would not believe" about Swiderski's relationship with Johnson and Steffen. "The way that they have dealt with it, to bring up things from the past that don't apply to my relationship with Ed, it's making them, I believe, look a little bit foolish...."

Really Jillian. Do you expect people to believe that Edward willingly confessed about his lies and infidelity after he proposed? Do you really think that they way he has behaved in his past relationships, namely, lying, cheating and disrespect, do not affect you or apply to your relationship with Swiderski? If you do not respect yourself, do you honestly believe that Swiderski will? Are you really convinced that you have found true love when the essence of your dating relationship has been based upon television theatrics and manipulation?

Well, Jillian, upon further examination, perhaps you will realize who appears pathetic, desperate and "foolish."
    BACHELORETTE JILLIAN DEFENDS SWIDERSKI'S TOILED WEB - Love Lawyer
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread