Closed Thread
Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3665867;
    I registered and still couldn't find the pic.

Was that during the scotch tasting thing? It looks like the same type of shirt and the type of glasses they used for the tasting?
    ahhh, can you direct me to those photos? he tweeted about scotch tasting on june 10, before i joined the board.

Quote Originally Posted by soygrande;3665849;
    thank you! the photo credit says infphoto.com, a paparazzi photo agency, so i'm thinking it was taken recently??? one needs to have an account to search their website for more photos.

Poll: Who Should Be the Next Bachelor: Reid, Kiptyn or Jake?: Smitten: Sex, Love & Life: glamour.com

Quote Originally Posted by soygrande;3665878;
    ahhh, can you direct me to those photos? he tweeted about scotch tasting on june 10, before i joined the board.
    I tried finding it on flickr. But, there isn't a really good pic. I think that's where it was taken though.

Quote Originally Posted by lolanator;3665808;
    I completely agree with this assessment. I like Jillian still and hope for the best for her and I don't need her to be with Reid. She's just been all over the place during filming and after with her comments about him. I get her remarks might have been producer driven during filming and there's editing involved. I think most don't question the mutual respect between her and Kip post show, that seems pretty clear cut, but I can't say the same between her and Reid--don't know why though. She was so gushy about all of the guys during MTA, even with Wes to a certain extent. Her heart seems to remain positive and open about all of the past suitors (ie. both Mikes), but with Reid, it seems like she has been more guarded for whatever reason.
    I find myself wondering if overzealous fans like myself who left their pro_Reid opinions on her blog added to Jilly's defensiveness, and indirectly hurt any hopes of Reid's finding answers/closure at the ATFR....? If so, Reid, I apologize.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by soygrande;3665849;
    thank you! the photo credit says infphoto.com, a paparazzi photo agency, so i'm thinking it was taken recently??? one needs to have an account to search their website for more photos.

Poll: Who Should Be the Next Bachelor: Reid, Kiptyn or Jake?: Smitten: Sex, Love & Life: glamour.com
    I know - he is so hot in this picture. It's definitely post show, right? Outside some where in the evening.

YaY, an update on Jed: From Twitter

999SUNFM: JILLIAN and ED were in town for a wedding over the weekend, Get exclusive details tomorrow on THE ARA SHOW - 99.9 SUN FM - Home Page | SunFM-kelowna

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3665893;
    I find myself wondering if overzealous fans like myself who left their pro_Reid opinions on her blog added to Jilly's defensiveness, and indirectly hurt any hopes of Reid's finding answers/closure at the ATFR....? If so, Reid, I apologize.
    You know based on what Jillian revealed about herself on the show and after the show, I don't believe Reid or Kiptyn were serious contenders for Jillian because both choices would've required some actual emotional growth on her part. Her real top 2 were Ed and Wes and that just about says it all.

Also, this makes me a meanie but I honestly think it's funny if Reid's popularity contributed to Jillian's defensiveness (and IMO it very well may have even though most of the defensiveness is Jillian hating that the grand majority of the public sees her as a moron for picking and sticking with Ed). I get a kick out of it in light of the revelations about Ed. I'm sorry if Reid was really looking for answers/closure but ultimately Reid shouldn't be taking the show that seriously so while I like him I've got limited sympathy for him too. But that's me the meanie talking again. I hope he takes those lessons learned and runs far away from this franchise. Same with Kiptyn.

IMO In Touch is one of the less reliable tabloids (not that any tabloid is necessarily reliable when they're citing anonymous sources but In Touch is lower down that scale). It's so late to the table with its "Jillian was going to pick no one" rumor that I think they just found it on a message board or blog. Maybe they even got it from a RS blog because wasn't he speculating it would be Ed or no one? I don't buy it at all. I truly think Jillian was super-duper happy with her F1 choice but now she's had to move the goalposts in trying not to look like an idiot and hypocrite.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 08-17-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3665884;
    I tried finding it on flickr. But, there isn't a really good pic. I think that's where it was taken though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ekenyc/3619816008/in/set-7215767429/

If you click on sizes on top left, click on original size and you can see the largest size. there's another pic in the same album from his back and you can see his profile. I don't think the Glamour pic is the same day. I think his hair was shorter in the whisky tasting and his shirt seems to be solid white as oppose to the stripe shirt in Glamour. He looks like a Hollywood leading man in the Glamour shot I think.

ETA: Sorry, I tried but I don't think the link worked.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3665936;
    YaY, an update on Jed: From Twitter

999SUNFM: JILLIAN and ED were in town for a wedding over the weekend, Get exclusive details tomorrow on THE ARA SHOW - 99.9 SUN FM - Home Page | SunFM-kelowna
    Oh good. Although I'll never be an Ed fan, I want Jilly Bean to have her happy ending.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I know this article is a bit old, but I had not ever seen it, and I thought it was hilarious. Comes from the site mentioned above who is supposedly talking about Jed's time in Canada together. Maybe they will be funny like this tomorrow too!

BACHELORETTE - THIS SHOW IS FINALLY OVER!
    Tue, 2009-07-28 16:33.
    Bri Cook
    JULY 28, 2009

The Bachelorette finale was on ABC last night and they have successfully made this feel like the LONGEST season EVER!

So was it a shocker or completely obvy? (That's how the cool kids say obvious...) Here's what went down...

Jillian Harris had three men in love with her, but thought she only had to break one heart at the final rose ceremony, not two hearts. No, she didn't pull a Brad Womack and tell both dudes in the final 2 to beat it. Reid, who she had already let go in the previous episode, returned to propose to her anyway! Pfff... he probably only showed up so he could get rejected again and better his chances of becoming the next Bachelor. What? Who said that??

But before that, Jillian had let Kiptyn (who actually WAS in the final 2) go telling him she had fallen in love with someone else. Kip was obviously trying to force himself to cry for the cameras, but there's something so empty about him. He's hot, YEAH, but he just didn't seem like he cared! On the off-chance he actually did have feelings for Jillian, then the PLAYER finally got PLAYED! Bam.

Next, Reid showed up in a red van-cab and was told by Chris Harrison that he "didn't have long" before Ed showed up. I think Ed's limo driver had a bad case of the slows because he took forevz for someone who was supposed to be on his way... Reid surprised Jillian and claims he pulled a ton of strings to get there but I'm willing to bet "pulling those strings" meant he called the producers and they were more than pleased to mess with Jillian's emotions even more than they already have this season.

After Reid desperately begged for a second chance and even got down on one knee, Jill (as the boys like to call her), got all confused for a second so she went to talk to the love master, Chris Harrison. Chris was all, "R U for realz, yo? Choose Ed." So she told Reid to get back in his red van-cab which was STILL waiting for him that whole time. Damn, I hope the driver didn't keep the meter running! But he's a cab driver, so yeah, he probably did.

As Jillian was waiting for the very, very late Ed, she goes, "Ed better not ****ing disappoint me!" SNAP. I would be annoyed too if I had to redo my makeup 23 times in one day because all the boys were making me cry. Finally, Ed shows up wearing a nicer suit than the one he wore to the previous rose ceremony. Jillian tells Ed she loves him too and so he proposed to the Bachelorette with a $60,000 ring. What a cheap-skate!

Best part of the 2 hour finale: Jillian was worried about her and Ed's sexual chemistry after the trainwreck in the bedroom in Spain. So when they try to "spend the night together" for a second time in Hawaii, we knew everything was going well when ABC cut to a shot of a volcano erupting. SUBTLE!

Tonight is the "After the Final Rose" special where we'll find out if Jillian and Ed are still making us sick together.

Closed Thread