Closed Thread
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3665505;
    Lisamill, I remember a post from you, stating that Jake would be the next bachelor. In it, you noted that Kip had a girlfriend. Anymore information on that? Because he seems to be single in all the interviews coming out, so I just wondered where that little tidbit came from.
    I am not Lisamill, but I think the poster was not her, but Freedom, who's been given wrong info re. the F1, so I don't know how true the other info was. It possibly came from a photo of him and a blonde taken in 2008, and people just ran with it, IMO.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3665478;
    Just saw this while in line at the market

In Touch August 24 has a blurb "Jillian Stands By Her Man"

They talk about the PDAs in Vegas, but then at the end say, "But a show insider thinks the new romance is already on the rocks. 'Jillian was leaning towards choosing no one in the final episode but producers urged her to reconsider, so she accepted the proposal from Ed' says the insider. 'They're very likely not going to get married and will quietly break up in a few months'".
    This makes the most amount of sense from anything that's been quoted in these magazines.

I wonder if that's the reason why Jill could not look Reid in his eyes when she answered whether Reid telling her ILY earlier would have made a difference? I got the impression that she was uncomfortable looking at Reid, not because of hurting him, but because she wasn't being honest. We need a body language expert to analyze that whole interchange on ATFR.

FORT Fanatic

I just think its odd that with all the bad media attention, and slams on his character, that
    Ed could still be employed (unless its for his own company). I work for a large corporation,
    and regardless of who you are, you are expendable. Makes me wonder if there isn't more
    to the story that Ed isn't discussing, maybe because he's taking it to court over taking it
    to the media? I'm not defending him, I'm just wondering about a few things that don't
    always add up.... and yes, I've read all of the articles (the only time I've ever bought US Weekly!!).
    I liked Ed, but I've come to be really disappointed after reading all the ariticles... but I've also
    known a few guys like him, and although I was hurt/humiliated/etc... they weren't terrible people.
    Pro athletes are known for having "wives", yet go from town to town and hook up with women all
    the time and will still "idolize" them. I just wish we would let Jillian and Ed decide what to do....
    people DO change, and maybe thats what Jillian believes Ed will do. Is she foolish? Maybe, but only time
    will tell...

But anyway, I'm rambling... I just think there is more to the story that what was in the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3665556;
    A timely reminder of the contract requirements aids understanding of media revelations:

From the looks of Holly Durst's Facebook/Twitter, the producers would need a full time intern just to pen her written advance waivers from the above. (Talk about a contract term honored in the breach!)

All kidding aside, Jilly/Ed break up -- if and when it occurs -- will be a PR-managed event and the 'truth' may never seep out.

Oh, and just for "fun," here's the clause we'd all like to know whether Ed had penned OUT of his version of the form...

Whatever he and the Chicago gals were up to between March 15 and July 31, 2009 it wasn't "dating". Gosh, I hope everyone is clear on that!
    Thank you for this posting. I totally agree that it is very important to remember that what is permitted in the media about the status of Jillian and Ed's relationship is restricted by contractual terms.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3665577;
    Holy cow - wouldn't that be ironic if that were indeed true (tho sdl shoulda prepared me for that one....)... Jilly herself at one point admitted to being a commitment-phobe, so maybe it's not all that far off-base.
    I'm a huge Reidster, but even after passing on R at F3, she didn't want to even take a chance on a great guy like Kip?? Is that why she told ed after the proposal, "We're gonna have so much FUN"? Not that marriage and fun are necessarily polar opposites..... but for some reason it struck me as odd at that point....?
    I thought the line about having so much fun was odd. And I doubt if she would have picked "no one." But she is a commitment phobe and was afraid of the real love that she and Reid had...

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii;3665581;
    This makes the most amount of sense from anything that's been quoted in these magazines.

I wonder if that's the reason why Jill could not look Reid in his eyes when she answered whether Reid telling her ILY earlier would have made a difference? I got the impression that she was uncomfortable looking at Reid, not because of hurting him, but because she wasn't being honest. We need a body language expert to analyze that whole interchange on ATFR.
    I rewatched the ATFR last night, and was getting the same strange feeling about Jill myself... poor Reid....

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3665505;
    Lisamill, I remember a post from you, stating that Jake would be the next bachelor. In it, you noted that Kip had a girlfriend. Anymore information on that? Because he seems to be single in all the interviews coming out, so I just wondered where that little tidbit came from.
    Like SDMOM said above, that was 100% not lisamill36. You're thinking of a post from freedom0927. If you read back lisamill36's posts, she's been pretty clear that she does not believe and has not ever believed Jake will be the next Bachelor unless Reid/Kiptyn turn it down.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3665594;
    I rewatched the ATFR last night, and was getting the same strange feeling about Jill myself... poor Reid....
    Well, we know she wasn't being honest. After all, she said that it would have been no one if she didn't choose Ed. And that was just to appease Ed who was backstage.

Quote Originally Posted by terry-pat;3665543;
    I was just watching E talk,a Canadian entertainment show.They talked about rumours of a breakup,but said Ed and Jill were spotted dining and laughing,this past weekend in Kelowna BC,her parents hometown.
    I'm catching up with mails, but someone just needs to snap their picture.
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen48;3665607;
    Well, we know she wasn't being honest. After all, she said that it would have been no one if she didn't choose Ed. And that was just to appease Ed who was backstage.
    Why is it so hard to believe that Jillian didn't want to be with Reid? She had the perfect opportunity twice and sent him away both times. He wasn't a good match for her and she wanted Ed. I may not know Jillian but have seen enough of her to believe her when she says she doesn't have a filter and there's no way she was faking her feelings for Ed then and in interviews.

Re: Jesse as potential Bachelor. I know someone who's sil and friends met the guys when they were in Austin. She said David was a jerk, Wes was actually personable, and Jesse has a big head i.e. inflated ego. That disappointed me although I've had doubts about him ever since seeing him on the MTA and reading the comments in US.

Closed Thread