Closed Thread
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by acb2009;3665330;
    I thought he meant that you want the two right people to end up together, meaning Jillian and whoever she chooses to be right. I could've read that wrong, though.
    That's the way I took it as well

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3665295;
    I do doubt it because I don't get how it's possible that not one single person snapped a pic of them for the past 2 weeks. Someone sure took the time to analyze all of their PDA in Vegas (who was nuzzling who, where Jillian sat on his lap, what they drank, etc. etc.) but didn't use an iPhone or BB to snap a picture? The Us Weekly cover sold 1M copies so clearly it's not from a lack of interest that no one has bothered to take a picture imo.

It just doesn't compute in my head.
    At first, I did find it odd, too, that the TPTB PR folks haven't distributed something i.e. a pic or a blurb to People, EW but then I started thinking - it's time for the fall shows to have their moment in the sun - DWTS will hog the limelight all week followed by the other shows as they're set to launch after Labor Day.

There's no need to create coverage conflict as the entertainment outlets only have so much space available as all the networks are gearing up for the fall. Plus, they're covering Mad Men and Big Brother right now. Once their fall line up is underway - it'll be time for the TB announcement in mid-late Sept so we'll probably get an official update then.

As you stated above, I am sure they'll be some cell phone snaps and local press once she moves to Chicago unless they plan to be recluses.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3665295;
    I do doubt it because I don't get how it's possible that not one single person snapped a pic of them for the past 2 weeks. Someone sure took the time to analyze all of their PDA in Vegas (who was nuzzling who, where Jillian sat on his lap, what they drank, etc. etc.) but didn't use an iPhone or BB to snap a picture? The Us Weekly cover sold 1M copies so clearly it's not from a lack of interest that no one has bothered to take a picture imo.

It just doesn't compute in my head.
    IMO the cover sold because of the scandal, not because people are interested in the principals. It's a juicy story: guy goes on TV "reality" dating show that many suspect to be scripted/fake when he's already involved with not 1 but 2 women, leads all 3 on, cheats, misrepresents himself on the TV show, etc., etc. J/Ed making it through the rain is not interesting to people because they (and everyone else who has ever done this show) are considered D-listers at best. The only time IMO that they'll attract any interest in the future is if they ever break up or if they're still together and Ed is caught with another woman.

So I don't find the lack of pictures to be suspicious. But at the same time I'm not convinced by proclamations of their togetherness either.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3665279;
    But how can he say he didn't have a clue about Ed and a gf yet he said in US that he heard him say it? I don't believe that Ed said anything of the sort to either Wes or David. Both Ed and Reid were talking about Wes and Dave being the "bad boys" in epi 4 so would hardly "confess" anything to them.

I thought what Kiptyn said in the interview about Ed leaving was interesting. I think he was correct in it being between him and Ed at that point and he didn't want to be the default winner and just wanted the two most right guys for Jillian. He was also very clear that Jillian & Ed are together which I don't doubt but a lot of others seem to.
    Ed could easily have mentioned something about a girl he was dating or sleeping with back home (especially during a night of heavy drinking/bragging with the guys), but not elaborated further, so it could have been interpreted that he possibly had a girlfriend by some of them. Also, just because Ed may have talked about someone, it doesn't mean Wes knew absolutely for certain that this person was a g/f, as Wes states in the article. I guess I don't have a problem with the 2 statements contradicting each other, because as we have learned, it is all a matter of individual perception what constitutes a girlfriend.

What was clear to me from the articles and comments was that none of the guys wanted to be the first to "go there" regarding Ed's alleged "shadiness" until the cat was out of the bag, so to speak, when they felt freer to speak their minds. So much for mancode.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3665349;
    At first, I did find it odd, too, that the TPTB PR folks haven't distributed something i.e. a pic or a blurb to People, EW but then I started thinking - it's time for the fall shows to have their moment in the sun - DWTS will hog the limelight all week followed by the other shows as they're set to launch after Labor Day.

There's no need to create coverage conflict as the entertainment outlets only have so much space available as all the networks are gearing up for the fall. Plus, they're covering Mad Men and Big Brother right now. Once their fall line up is underway - it'll be time for the TB announcement in mid-late Sept so we'll probably get an official update then.

As you stated above, I am sure they'll be some cell phone snaps and local press once she moves to Chicago unless they plan to be recluses.
    I don't know if they are together or not, but I am beginning to lean towards not. With the negative publicity surrounding TB and her chosen one, it surprises me that TPTB aren't showing more pics of the happy couple in random locations, especially until the new Bachelor is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3665361;
    Ed could easily have mentioned something about a girl he was dating or sleeping with back home (especially during a night of heavy drinking/bragging with the guys), but not elaborated further, so it could have been interpreted that he possibly had a girlfriend by some of them. Also, just because Ed may have talked about someone, it doesn't mean Wes knew absolutely for certain that this person was a g/f, as Wes states in the article. I guess I don't have a problem with the 2 statements contradicting each other, because as we have learned, it is all a matter of individual perception what constitutes a girlfriend.

What was clear to me from the articles and comments was that none of the guys wanted to be the first to "go there" regarding Ed's alleged "shadiness" until the cat was out of the bag, so to speak, when they felt freer to speak their minds. So much for mancode.

ITA, from reading between the lines from solid sources, sounds like Ed did brag to the other guys about having hotter girls back home, hence their surprise at his return, they didn't think he was interested in her to begin with.
    Also funny how Ed was the only one to find Wes' joke funny at the Spain RC...

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3665349;

But I'm not even talking about the mainstream media. I'm talking about the thousands of Twitter-ers and FBers out there in the world. I know for a fact that if I was in Vegas and saw any Bach/B'ette couple making out, regardless of whether I liked them or found them interesting or whatever, I'd be whipping out my phone to snap a few pics to upload them to Twitter or FB. I find it impossible to believe that they've been allegedly out in Kelowna, Vegas, Vancouver and wherever else for the past two weeks and not one single, measly person has snapped any type of shot of them (even crappy/blurry) and uploaded it online.

To me it means they're not together and haven't been seen together. Like we say, SCs never lie, right?
    Last edited by Alanna; 08-17-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3665317;
    Sounds to me as if Wes flat out lied and even staged the reunion so UsWeekly would get their story.
    Wes didn't set that up. A couple of written articles stated it was to do with the bar selling Jesse's wine label.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3665373;
    But I'm not even talking about the mainstream media. I'm talking about the thousands of Twitter-ers and FBers out there in the world. I know for a fact that if I was in Vegas and saw any Bach/B'ette couple making out, regardless of whether I liked them or found them interesting or whatever, I'd be whipping out my phone to snap a few pics to upload them to Twitter or FB. I find it impossible to believe that they've been allegedly out in Kelowna, Vegas, Vancouver and wherever else for the past two weeks and not one single measly person has snapped any type of shot of them (even crappy/blurry) and upload it online.

To me it means they're not together and haven't been seen together. Like we say, SCs never lie, right?
    Lol..I see what you're saying. Even I had hubby snap a shot of CH at the airport here on Friday afternoon (but he had no idea who CH was and focused more on the guy picking him up! )

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3665373;
    But I'm not even talking about the mainstream media. I'm talking about the thousands of Twitter-ers and FBers out there in the world. I know for a fact that if I was in Vegas and saw any Bach/B'ette couple making out, regardless of whether I liked them or found them interesting or whatever, I'd be whipping out my phone to snap a few pics to upload them to Twitter or FB. I find it impossible to believe that they've been allegedly out in Kelowna, Vegas, Vancouver and wherever else for the past two weeks and not one single, measly person has snapped any type of shot of them (even crappy/blurry) and uploaded it online.

Exactly!!

Despite that some are using the excuse that "they want to stay out of the media/limelight" nothing is stopping random people from taking their picture. Also ABC owns them, not vice versa, and ABC will publicize them when they want to despite what either of the couple wants.

If it walks like a duck . . .

Closed Thread