Closed Thread
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3653369;
    I guess she didn't get the memo (or have enough common sense) about not insulting a foreign country which one has visited extensively---let alone a foreign country where a major industry (that one aspires to) gave one major bucks, other gratuities, a $60,000 Neil Lane ring, TV screentime, and "fame". It wouldn't shock me if she tries to hang on to Ed for 2 years, so she can keep the ring.

Jillian doesn't appear to think before she speaks, and that has been evident in so many of her interviews throughout the show.

From Day One, I always suspected that she was primarily after a U.S. green card, especially when there were only American men cast, and because of her stated desire to move in with whomever gets chosen "for a while".

Obviously she also wanted to use the show as a stepping stone for her career, but it's clear (to me, anyway) that she didn't want that career to be in Canada. So I don't believe her when she says that she wants her sweet little Canadian life back.

I agree that Jillian seems to speak with out thinking and has made mistakes but I do not think her motivation for doing the show was to get a greencard. There are way easier paths to do that than the Bachelorette and if she just wanted to try a career in the states she could have gotten a work visa - we do them for Canadians all the time here at work and its not that difficult to obtain one.

With regards to there being no Canadian cast for the show, I see that as a seperate issue since I beleive most of the men were cast with a different (and American) bachelorette in mind.

I do think she was niave about the impact mainstream american media would have on her private life after the show. Not that that's an excuse but just a possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by HillCntryGrl;3653172;
    When Jillian is quoted as saying, "I want my sweet little simple Canadian life back where people treat others with respect." is she insinuating that nobody in America treated her with respect? If so, I think this was an odd statement and way out of line considering her main viewing audience and fan base is in the States. Any thoughts anyone?
    I don't think Jill meant this as an American put down...just that she is longing to have some of the peace and quiet back that she had before she started the whole bachelor/bachelorette thing. I am sure that even though people see what can be done to someone in public that in real life they have no way of envisioning how truly bad it can get. Someone not used to the lime light I am sure thinks if they are a nice person and act accordingly and do nothing wrong basically that there will be nothing for the public to be in an uproar about. We sleuthers knew there was trouble brewing before the end but by in large the press before the FRC was pretty good surrounding Ed. I think she probabely feels that she has been hit by a Sunami and just wants her sane little life back to catch a breath of air. I am sure she expected some disagreement to her decision but not this overwhelming amount. I agree that she should not read the forums for self preservation reasons if none other.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Does Twitter falled under the Media thread?
    Cause someone sent Chris H a tweet that US will come out with more stuff....ala a video of Ed the week he left.
    Don't have any idea how that could be damaging however.

I haven't logged on in several days (my daughter was in a car accident) but wanted to check in to see if there has been any announcement of the next bachelor.

Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by wing;3653402;
    I haven't logged on in several days (my daughter was in a car accident) but wanted to check in to see if there has been any announcement of the next bachelor.

Anyone know?
    No announcement yet, but CH has said "soon."

Sorry to hear about your daughter.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MotivesCanada;3653398;
    I agree that Jillian seems to speak with out thinking and has made mistakes but I do not think her motivation for doing the show was to get a greencard. There are way easier paths to do that than the Bachelorette and if she just wanted to try a career in the states she could have gotten a work visa - we do them for Canadians all the time here at work and its not that difficult to obtain one.

With regards to there being no Canadian cast for the show, I see that as a seperate issue since I beleive most of the men were cast with a different (and American) bachelorette in mind.

I do think she was niave about the impact mainstream american media would have on her private life after the show. Not that that's an excuse but just a possible explanation.
    Yes, I read that, too (about the first 25), but then they added 5 more men (supposedly when Melissa turned down the show and then Jillian accepted). But those 5 were all Americans, too. Also, I reiterate that Jillian said several times that she wanted to go live "for a while" with whomever was chosen. "For a while" might mean "long enough to gain citizenship".

Maybe everything was rushed since TPTB had to switch to Jillian after casting was well underway, but my opinion is that Jillian was either looking for an American man to marry, or a career in the American entertainment industry, or both.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3653401;
    Does Twitter falled under the Media thread?
    Cause someone sent Chris H a tweet that US will come out with more stuff....ala a video of Ed the week he left.
    Don't have any idea how that could be damaging however.
    The thing is Jillian doesn't seem to care what ED did the week he left, and she doesn't believe he slept with Lindsey the week after her engagement, so I think whatever US has it won't matter to Jillian. It's just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3653405;
    No announcement yet, but CH has said "soon."

Sorry to hear about your daughter.
    Thanks, AvalonR! We are trying to nurse her back to health!

Quote Originally Posted by wing;3653402;

Anyone know?
    Sorry to hear about your daughter...hope she's okay!!

Poor Jill, I don't think people stopped liking her, I still very much like her. I just think that she's made some stupid decisions and the media, and everyone else, is watching.

I don't understand how Ed can watch her go through all these interviews and media pressure and not feel that he owes it to her to be honest....how does he sleep at night?
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

It's nice to read they are moving ahead with their plans and trying their best to make a go of the relationship. I agree, Jillian would be best served to stay far away from the message boards, as that is where most of the insults and vitriol seem to reside. The US article I think she and Ed have talked about and dealt with, and as new scandals erupt it will fade away. I hope she can find work she enjoys in Chicago, as I believe she is a very talented restaurant designer, and I imagine there are some great restaurants in Chicago that might be interested in her services.

It's good to see Chris state what is obvious to me, that the shred of truth to the article kind of puts them in a no-win situation as far as their response to it

The problem is there is a shred of truth in there, which Jillian already knew about. But if there is a shred of truth, you can't fight the bull!@#$, so what are you going to do? There is not much she can do.
    I'm glad they are in Vancouver, hopefully taking a break from the attention. No new pictures might just mean they are staying in, laying low, which I don't blame them for. If I thought they were coming to Kelowna I might drive down and see if I could bump into them... It would be nice to give her some support directly.

Thanks for posting the articles.

Closed Thread