Closed Thread
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3664810;

Secondly, I see Kip as someone who is so self-possessed that it is going to take some incredibly special woman to get him to fall "head over heels, crazy in love". To date, I don't think he has, and that includes with Jillian.
    Since I am not Kiptyn, I guess I can't really say if he's truly fell head over heels in love with Jillian or not, I can only go by what I've read or heard.
    One thing I think we can all agree is that he's moved on, and is happy now.

To get back to the Media, for whoever is interested, utube has a short video clip of the Kiptyn Gets Auctioned Off.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3664768;
    I highly doubt Kiptyn really fell in love with Jill. But yeah, he is very classy, nonetheless.
    I agree with this, I don't believe that Kip truly fell in love, he may have thought he did, in the moment or been very fond of her, but not true love. I do wholeheartedly believe in his sentiment though about being right for each other. To me often times people don't recognize this and don't take into account matching or melding of traits, etc. I always refer to it as a "puzzle piece" match up.

Kip sure is doing himself a HUGE favor with the way that he is presenting himself in the media, he's almost too good to be true. Of course, he's also hiding any potential weaknesses--they must exist. In terms of Ed, he's just not going to put down anybody, it's not the way he comports himself. He's a member in good standing of the "man code".

SDMOM
    : Thanks for the info. on Kiptyn on YouTube. That was very cute, what a guy. I hope he finds his gal, so the rest of the women who will never end up with him will be saved the heartbreak, lol.
    Last edited by girlsmom; 08-17-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3663491;
    I wouldn't consider dating a guy for a month "involved."
    Me neither. Maybe that is her problem, she gets "involved" with a man without any real commitment. This is what it sounds like to me. Might be more one sided or her getting "involved" too quickly.

First off, I loved the interview and I find him much more witty and far less bland than he came across on the show. Stupid editors.

Secondly, I see Kip as someone who is so self-possessed that it is going to take some incredibly special woman to get him to fall "head over heels, crazy in love". To date, I don't think he has, and that includes with Jillian.

He probably saw Jill as the type of woman he could see himself with for the long term, and made a conscious choice to "go for it" and not hold back, something he perhaps doesn't often, if ever, do in his relationships, so for him, it was as close to "love" as he's gotten. It's almost like he determined it would be a good experience for him to "fall in love", so he allowed it to happen with Jill. But his comments also leave me thinking that there is no way his whole heart was in this, and thus, it was pretty easy to recover and take a rational perspective on the situation, once he was back home.

I really hope that he finds a woman who truly knocks his socks off some day, it would be interesting to see a "hopelessly in love" Kip; I doubt it would happen if he is the next Bachelor, though.
    No one but Kip truly knows how deep his feelings for Jillian went. He has stated repeatedly, he did fall in love with Jillian. On the show, Kip was always honest and real about what he was feeling. He stayed focused on just him and Jillian and tried to keep a realistic approach to things. I know not everyone will agree or see what all the Kip fans have seen, but I for one will continue to believe Kip.

As for the bolded part, Kip is a very positive person. He said he only wants Jillian to be happy and if being with Ed does that, then that is what helps him get over this more quickly. He has taken what he has learned about himself and relationships and moved on.

StanleyCup, thanks so much for the Glamour interview with Kip. He is clearly a media savvy fellow but also seems like a genuinely nice guy.
    I dont know when the interview took place , but it seems like it was during the last week or so. It also appears that he has not turned Fleiss down yet and would absolutely consider being the next Bachelor. I wrongly assumed that he took his name out of contention.

E: Who is going to be the next bachelor?
    K: Mike Fleiss, the creator of the show, said last week that it will be either Reid, Jake, or myself. I swear on my life I don’t know.

E: Take your sunglasses off and tell me that.
    K [Takes glasses off]: They are talking to all of us and they don’t know where it will go. I don’t think it will be me.

E: It probably also depends on what kind of talent is applying to meet each Bachelor. Would you want to do it?
    K: I’d be open to the idea, but I have a few questions. I think it’s a good opportunity because having been through the process, I believe it can work.

E: When will we know?
    K: I will know within the next couple weeks. Chris said it will be announced within a month.

E: What if they edit you like crazy and you come out looking like a jerk?
    K: They can’t create [a jerk], you have to give them something to work with.
    I'm also glad to read about his understanding of the way the show is edited. It's similar to what Trista has said. Very interesting.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 08-17-2009 at 01:07 PM.

E: What's going on with Ed and Jillian? What do you know?

K: They are still together. Today.

Did anyone else think this an odd way to answer this question? It just seemed off abit to qualify that they are together TODAY. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it ????

First off, I loved the interview and I find him much more witty and far less bland than he came across on the show. Stupid editors.

He probably saw Jill as the type of woman he could see himself with for the long term, and made a conscious choice to "go for it" and not hold back, something he perhaps doesn't often, if ever, do in his relationships, so for him, it was as close to "love" as he's gotten. It's almost like he determined it would be a good experience for him to "fall in love", so he allowed it to happen with Jill. But his comments also leave me thinking that there is no way his whole heart was in this, and thus, it was pretty easy to recover and take a rational perspective on the situation, once he was back home.

I really hope that he finds a woman who truly knocks his socks off some day, it would be interesting to see a "hopelessly in love" Kip; I doubt it would happen if he is the next Bachelor, though.

I couldn't agree with your points more! He does seem like a terrific guy who doesn't say anything bad about any of the others - a lot like Reid, no? - but I tend to doubt he was MADLY in love!

Thanks for reprinting the article, StanleyCupCanes!

E: It probably also depends on what kind of talent is applying to meet each Bachelor. Would you want to do it?
    K: I’d be open to the idea, but I have a few questions. I think it’s a good opportunity because having been through the process, I believe it can work.
    Haven't we heard previous B and B-rette contestants say this before - in the same words? I think this is something they might be told to say after the fact. I don't doubt he believes this, and he seems like such a sincere guy, but it's just that I've heard this before - about "the process" working.

I do believe it can - I'm just waiting to see it happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by abovethefray;3664848;
    E: What's going on with Ed and Jillian? What do you know?

K: They are still together. Today.

Did anyone else think this an odd way to answer this question? It just seemed off abit to qualify that they are together TODAY. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it ????
    Just a guess - but the way that I read it - implied that he had spoken with them or was in contact in some way. Sounds like a confident answer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3664853;
    Just a guess - but the way that I read it - implied that he had spoken with them or was in contact in some way. Sounds like a confident answer to me.
    I agree. There is no unfinished business between Kip and Jill; each has moved on, and he has been exceedingly gracious to both Jill and Ed. I would be surprised if she didn't reach out to him for a bit of support under the circumstances. Although the "today" comment, with the right emphasis, could be read as implying something, knowing what a gentleman determined to keep out of the fray Kip is, I find it unfathomable that he would be speculating or adding any fuel to the fire on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3664846;
    StanleyCup, thanks so much for the Glamour interview with Kip. He is clearly a media savvy fellow but also seems like a genuinely nice guy.
    I dont know when the interview took place , but it seems like it was during the last week or so. It also appears that he has not turned Fleiss down yet and would absolutely consider being the next Bachelor. I wrongly assumed that he took his name out of contention.

I'm also glad to read about his understanding of the way the show is edited. It's similar to what Trista has said. Very interesting.
    Yes, I agree...very interesting interview. I especially liked his statement that the show can't create a jerk, you have to give them something to work with.

I am liking this guy the more I read about him in the real world.

Closed Thread