Closed Thread
Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3664763;
    For anyone who thinks Kiptyn is not a good communicator, this article should clear any doubts.
    What impresses me the most is he's so positive about all the guys, even after the show. He probably was the only one who was glad Ed's back:

E: Letís talk about Ed leaving. I sound like Chris Harrison.
    K: I got along with him. I didnít want him to leave. It wasnít a competition for me. I wanted the best two people for Jill, and I didnít want to be that guy by default. I could sense she really had feelings for him, and my ending up with her because heís not there, is not a win. You want the two most right people. When he came back, I was glad, and if I went home because Ed came back, Iíd be glad about that, too.

All the other guys should take a lesson from him. Once again, Kiptyn, IMO, has proved he's the most classy, mature, genuine guy from this season.
    Sounds like he was glad to be let of the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3664768;
    I highly doubt Kiptyn really fell in love with Jill. But yeah, he is very classy, nonetheless.
    He's said he fell in love with Jillian and his feeling were real in all the interviews that I've listened, and I have no reason to doubt his words.

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;3664770;
    I think Kip didn't want to be a "Default F1" . He wanted Jillian to choose him because she truly loved/wanted him, not because he was the only one available there. However, I was glad he wasn't chosen, lol
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3664780;
    He's said he fell in love with Jillian and his feeling were real in all the interviews that I've listened, and I have no reason to doubt his words.

I think Kip didn't want to be a "Default F1" . He wanted Jillian to choose him because she truly loved/wanted him, not because he was the only one available there. However, I was glad he wasn't chosen, lol
    Or it suggests even Kip has some alpha male in him as he either didn't see the other guys as competition. Funny he would not see Reid as competition. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3664787;
    Which would suggest even Kip has some alpha male in him.
    and probably part of the reason why Jillian was attracted to him...

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;3664770;
    Sounds like a guy with a level, mature head on his shoulders who was just keeping it real.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3664762;
    The guys know something, they may not know details, but they know something. This "mancode" is part of what protects men like Ed.
    The overriding reason MANCODE works though is that Ed must have something on the other guys and that is why they can't say much - that is how MANCODE works around here - you spill the beans on me, I got the goods on you, so I'll spill if you spill. Everyone keeps their mouth shut, everyone is happy. It is not like Ed is a true friend to any of these guys by the sounds of it, not most of them anyway.

Women are different - they are more inclined to tell a female friend if a man is cheating on them and when it comes to competing for a man, any woman who admits to a boyfriend on a dating reality show will be outed in minutes -that is why I couldn't believe the guys keeping their mouths shut. You eliminate another competitor and as far as a woman competing for a man she wants, all is fair in love and war. She doesn't care about a "fair fight" please. The chick who is eliminated can just go back to the boyfriend. Because ultimately these women on the show are not your friends. Well at least on the VH1 shows, peeps who are outed as having girlfriends and boyfriends get eliminated fairly quickly.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-17-2009 at 11:38 AM.

hmmm, sorry I just don't see it. Kip got over her a little too quickly IMO.

Also, he wanted Ed to be there? He obviously like Jill a lot, but if this is true then that confirms he did not love her for me.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3664787;
    Or it suggests even Kip has some alpha male in him as he either didn't see the other guys as competition. Funny he would not see Reid as competition. Hmmm.
    I think he has said this whole process was not a competition. His focus was on his relationship with Jillian alone. And to be fair, the interviewer did not ask him about Reid, so we don't know what Kip thinks about Reid.
    Anyway, I think Jillian had different attractions/feelings with the final 3, and both Kip and Reid had genuine feelings for her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3664780;

First off, I loved the interview and I find him much more witty and far less bland than he came across on the show. Stupid editors.

Secondly, I see Kip as someone who is so self-possessed that it is going to take some incredibly special woman to get him to fall "head over heels, crazy in love". To date, I don't think he has, and that includes with Jillian.

He probably saw Jill as the type of woman he could see himself with for the long term, and made a conscious choice to "go for it" and not hold back, something he perhaps doesn't often, if ever, do in his relationships, so for him, it was as close to "love" as he's gotten. It's almost like he determined it would be a good experience for him to "fall in love", so he allowed it to happen with Jill. But his comments also leave me thinking that there is no way his whole heart was in this, and thus, it was pretty easy to recover and take a rational perspective on the situation, once he was back home.

I really hope that he finds a woman who truly knocks his socks off some day, it would be interesting to see a "hopelessly in love" Kip; I doubt it would happen if he is the next Bachelor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3664810;
    First off, I loved the interview and I find him much more witty and far less bland than he came across on the show. Stupid editors.

Secondly, I see Kip as someone who is so self-possessed that it is going to take some incredibly special woman to get him to fall "head over heels, crazy in love". To date, I don't think he has, and that includes with Jillian.

He probably saw Jill as the type of woman he could see himself with for the long term, and made a conscious choice to "go for it" and not hold back, something he perhaps doesn't often, if ever, do in his relationships, so for him, it was as close to "love" as he's gotten. It's almost like he determined it would be a good experience for him to "fall in love", so he allowed it to happen with Jill. But his comments also leave me thinking that there is no way his whole heart was in this, and thus, it was pretty easy to recover and take a rational perspective on the situation, once he was back home.

I really hope that he finds a woman who truly knocks his socks off some day, it would be interesting to see a "hopelessly in love" Kip; I doubt it would happen if he is the next Bachelor, though.
    ITA - you nailed it for me. Its a little harder to remove yourself when you're really in love.

I think that is the difference between Kip and Reid. For me, its the reason why Kip can seem cool/classy with the media and Reid still sounding a bit torn in his interviews.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Closed Thread