Closed Thread
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

FORT Regular

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by seagirl;3663085;
    Audio interview: Jake Pavelka of The Bachelorette | pegasusnews.com | Dallas / Fort Worth

Enjoy - I found it difficult, though passable as background music for searching the web

Okay and thanks. I will come back and play it tomorrow when I am more able to cope with it... sleep time now.... and early day tomorrow.... Cheers and all that good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3662917;
    For the sake of him and the people in his church, I hope that Jake is not selected to be the Bachelor. I have only to recall the editing of Lanny's mother and Moana's father to believe that Fleiss and Co may well make a mockery out of Jake's religious beliefs.
    I don't remember those family members (probably didn't watch their seasons), but what you just said is precisely the main reason I don't want Jake doing the show. Religion bashing is already alive and well elsewhere, and I have no doubt it would only get worse if he was The Bachelor. Based on his interview, I'm hopeful he hasn't been offered it. Didn't sound like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3662871;
    [/B]

I think Reid and Kiptyn are pretty stand up guys plus they are real. You won't find either one of them stumbling around drunk or made to look like a dog either. Jake, there's just something so phony behind that fake smile of his I'm not so sure he's the "perfect" guy he portrays himself to be. I think his agenda from the beginning was not to end up F1 with Jillian but to use the show as a big audition to be the next bachelor. He was always "on" on camera, I don't trust that Jake at all.
    Oh, I like Reid and Kip too. Reid's my favorite. I don't think any of the three would make themselves look bad. I was just pointing out a positive that I saw if Jake was selected. I don't want any of the three to do the show. Think they're all too decent for it. I don't think Jake's perfect, nor do I think he portrays himself that way. I think the show played that up. Just an "intense" guy, IMO.

Media wise...Jill is the best bacherotte ever,why,she did not know what was gonna hit her and it did.But all you sleuthers and spoilers out there...never figured out F1...and maybe she taught Fleiss a lesson...why,maybe you are too good,why he was greedy with screencaps and...on this season on the bachelorette...Sorry I ramble but,I never saw that before...The season starts,and it has not ended.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3662602;
    Something positive: at tonight's charity event to raise money for the local cystic fibrosis foundation, Kiptyn auctioned himself for 2 dates and raised a total of $8,400.
    At least something good coming out of this show, and I hope more people will follow him to use their 15 minutes of fame for noble causes.
    Kip is quite impressive. This crazy show is repulsive, demeaning, sexist, etc, but it is nice to see a positive thing come out of it. At least my addicition isn't totally fruitless!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Current issue of US Weekly reveals that the jilted Lindsey Johnson was involved with another guy when Ed's proposal to Jillian at the FRC was aired. The article states: "Swiderski's ex Lindsey Johnson, 29, has been seeing Kevin Krystolfiak. 32, Bachelor Andrew Firestone's former roomie, for a month. "he is very sympathetic, I have complete trust in him," the Chicago litigation-technology consultant says of the the San Francisco insurance sales man.

She is also quoted as saying:

"I don't know if Jillian is a 'stand by my man, no matter what people say' kind of girl. That's what I did."
    "I take the meaning of the word love seriously, and I trusted Ed did too".
    I would welcome the chance to talk to her [Harris] to tell her what happened and answer any questions she has".

Obviously, Jillian has not accepted the offer for a girlie chat and moved on. Seems like Lindsay has moved on and is happy too--but I doubt that. I have been hearing for weeks that Lindsay was already involved with another guy when she decided to go to US Weekly and GMA with her story. Now it is confirmed that she has been with someone else for one month yet she is still focused on her ex boyfriend. Hopefully she will let go and move on if she wants to really be happy. Time for her to follow Jillian's advice and stop worrying about it!

Lindsey did her thing and I think she is moving on, the whole story is out there which is more then just Ed's lack of commitment to the process and perhaps Jillian, which is now for her to judge, one way or the other, but it also exposes the fakery of the show, recruiting guys like Ed who tell producers he's not even interested in the woman involved, whether or not you believe his feelings really changed, why he had special privileges, the questionable commitment of many of the participants to the "process" which just confirms what many on this board already knew and some of us were almost there but now we got it - love only happens in spite of the show and rarely.

We tend to forget that a magazine may interview you once or maybe twice but they parse it out pieces of the same interview over several articles, so it seems like you haven't moved on. They do the same to Jillian - one press conference is repackaged by several different outlets over several weeks, only fanatics like us realize it is a rehash.

I can only imagine that some Bachelor alumni reached out to Lindsey, including perhaps Jen Scheft, and I hope she's got a good one this time. Better to be alone than settle, girlfriends. That goes for you too Jillian.

Didn't realize Lindsey was employed in litigation technology (??).... one would infer/hope that she indeed has some legal advice available to her, which to me lends an even greater degree of credibility to her claims, as she might be more aware than the average person of possible consequences of certain choices in dealing with the media?? (An assumption, I realize..... but seems not too far a reach....?)

Supposedly Ed er- "reconnected" with Lindsey in early June. FRC was filmed Mem. Day weekend, aired late July. Good for her for finally realizing her efforts to make it work with Mr. E.D. were so many pearls before swine (imho) and for finding someone she considers worthy of her trust. Trust is everything in a relationship imho.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3663445;
    Current issue of US Weekly reveals that the jilted Lindsey Johnson was involved with another guy when Ed's proposal to Jillian at the FRC was aired. The article states: "Swiderski's ex Lindsey Johnson, 29, has been seeing Kevin Krystolfiak. 32, Bachelor Andrew Firestone's former roomie, for a month. "he is very sympathetic, I have complete trust in him," the Chicago litigation-technology consultant says of the the San Francisco insurance sales man.

She is also quoted as saying:

"I don't know if Jillian is a 'stand by my man, no matter what people say' kind of girl. That's what I did."
    "I take the meaning of the word love seriously, and I trusted Ed did too".
    I would welcome the chance to talk to her [Harris] to tell her what happened and answer any questions she has".

Obviously, Jillian has not accepted the offer for a girlie chat and moved on. Seems like Lindsay has moved on and is happy too--but I doubt that. I have been hearing for weeks that Lindsay was already involved with another guy when she decided to go to US Weekly and GMA with her story. Now it is confirmed that she has been with someone else for one month yet she is still focused on her ex boyfriend. Hopefully she will let go and move on if she wants to really be happy. Time for her to follow Jillian's advice and stop worrying about it!
    ??? OK - how on earth did a girl from Chicago meet someone in California SO close to the B franchise and start a relationship so fast???

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3663451;
    I can only imagine that some Bachelor alumni reached out to Lindsey, including perhaps Jen Scheft, and I hope she's got a good one this time. Better to be alone than settle, girlfriends. That goes for you too Jillian.
    Is Chicago Big Enough For Two Bachelorettes? | NBC Chicago

Actually Jen offered some advice for Jillian. She should know how it feels to be skewered in the press and on the message boards. (I might have done a little of that myself. ).

"It's a new relationship for her and I'm sure they're very happy. But there's gonna be rumors and people are going to say things all the time. They just have to remember that they have to be true to themselves and do what's right for them and not worry about all the noise that they're hearing around them. If they can get through that, then they'll be fine," Schefft said.
    Lindsey has definitely been "courted" by the Bachelor machine. I read that a pretty high profile entertainment photographer in LA shot her photo for the USWeekly cover story.
    VistaluxPhotos Jeff Sciortino shoots Lindsey Johnson for this week's US Weekly cover story "Bachelorette Betrayed."
    (from Twitter)

No one does this show for the "right reasons" anymore, if they ever did. And whether you come out alive or not is at the whim of the producers, editors and a fickle public. Scary stuff.
    Last edited by Phyllie; 08-14-2009 at 09:35 AM.

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't consider dating a guy for a month "involved."

Closed Thread