Closed Thread
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

addison h.

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3653266;
    I've been rather quiet this week as I feel this decision is up to Jillian. I don't understand that hate that is being spewed at Jillian. This is HER life and HER decision. I also believe that Jillian knows more about what is going on than any of us could know based on what we have read in a tabloid.

I think her quote is just her saying that when she lived in her small Canadian town people didn't spew hate at her and wish ill upon her. People respected her choices and there weren't message boards across the United States saying things like I hope the media skewers her b/c she deserves it.

Why does she deserve it? Because she made an unpopular choice about who to love? Thousands of women in this country have chosen to stand by a man who had indiscretions. Would I? No - but maybe Ed had come clean to Jillian long before any rumors started. Maybe he was with her when the supposed affairs happened. Maybe she has seen his cell phone bill and knows that there were no texts made when the women said they were. Maybe they started out with a fake engagement b/c of the pressure of the show even though they only wanted to date and agreed to the time in LA to see how they really felt about each other and in that time frame truly fell in love. Only Jillian knows these answers and it is up to her to decide.

I don't wish ill on her b.c she made a decision that I personally would not have made...but my decision would be based upon taking a tabloid article as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    no. because her publicly making such a dumb choice is right up there with Rihanna standing by her man after he beat the living snot out of her (it seems she finally found a way out - let's hope that's true - and hopefully Jillian will as well). what outrages the "public" is that, like it or not, she signed up to be this big "example of how to find love" and now she's portraying that finding love = being a big ball of insecurity and taking whatever scraps are handed to you because you're just not good enough to demand something better. that's why. it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with her picking Ed. it has EVERYTHING to do with her picking a man who's already cheated on her, lied to her, and laughed about it.

also - here's a weird interview with Juan YouTube - JUAN BARBIERI (Part one) (The Bachelorette) dishes on love, dating and Jillian & Ed

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3653269;
    She is a constant condradiction.

She is most definitely not going to get her sweet simple Canadian life back in Chicago. I'm beginning to question if she even knows what she wants anymore...don't say I blame her.

ETA - Funny that they're in Vancouver, there has been a constant heat wave there for about 20 days, they arrive and it starts raining and gets cold.
    Exactly, and the constant contradiction is really getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3653335;
    no. because her publicly making such a dumb choice is right up there with Rihanna standing by her man after he beat the living snot out of her (it seems she finally found a way out - let's hope that's true - and hopefully Jillian will as well). what outrages the "public" is that, like it or not, she signed up to be this big "example of how to find love" and now she's portraying that finding love = being a big ball of insecurity and taking whatever scraps are handed to you because you're just not good enough to demand something better. that's why. it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with her picking Ed. it has EVERYTHING to do with her picking a man who's already cheated on her, lied to her, and laughed about it.

also - here's a weird interview with Juan YouTube - JUAN BARBIERI (Part one) (The Bachelorette) dishes on love, dating and Jillian & Ed
    ITA with your post. I hope they last, but I just believe the girls. Obviously, Jillian changed her mind about the whole GF thing while coming on the show. I'm sure Ed played the "guilt card" for her sleeping with Kip and Reid so he should have been able to do the thing.

Also, can you summarize what Juan said? I can't get Youtube at work.

Thanks@
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

From Buddy TV - Don't let the title fool you, just a rehash of things we've already know but they have a poll at the end

The Bachelorette: More Ed Swiderski Rumors Surface

How do you feel about all the Ed rumors?

It only proves Ed isn't the right guy for Jillian 57%

Rumors are just made to destroy the couple 24%

As long as it's all in the past, I'm OK with it 19%

Quote Originally Posted by HillCntryGrl;3653172;
    When Jillian is quoted as saying, "I want my sweet little simple Canadian life back where people treat others with respect." is she insinuating that nobody in America treated her with respect? If so, I think this was an odd statement and way out of line considering her main viewing audience and fan base is in the States. Any thoughts anyone?
    I guess she didn't get the memo (or have enough common sense) about not insulting a foreign country which one has visited extensively---let alone a foreign country where a major industry (that one aspires to) gave one major bucks, other gratuities, a $60,000 Neil Lane ring, TV screentime, and "fame". It wouldn't shock me if she tries to hang on to Ed for 2 years, so she can keep the ring.

Jillian doesn't appear to think before she speaks, and that has been evident in so many of her interviews throughout the show.

From Day One, I always suspected that she was primarily after a U.S. green card, especially when there were only American men cast, and because of her stated desire to move in "for a while" with whomever gets chosen.

Obviously she also wanted to use the show as a stepping stone for her career, but it's clear (to me, anyway) that she didn't want that career to be in Canada. So I don't believe her when she says that she wants her sweet little Canadian life back.

Last edited by VelvetRed; 08-10-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: clarity
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3653228;
    I'msotired - Thanks for that article with Chris Harrison. I'm so GLAD to hear Jillian is VERY happy and in love . I wish them both the best!
    ITA angelic_one2002! They are very happy as they should be. Ed has posted a new picture of the happy couple on his facebook and window's live page - Lovely!

I think anybody who is asking for their sweet little Canadian life back should Not have gone on the Bachelorette. Jillian didn't strike me as naive at all when she was on the Bachelor. She knew, full well, what she was getting into.
    I wish no ill will on her, but this is getting a wee bit ridiculous.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3653351;
    Also, can you summarize what Juan said? I can't get Youtube at work.
    For the most part he basically just talks about his own experience on the show, and how things have changed for him post-show.

When asked if Jillian made the right choice in picking Ed, Juan said "I think so." He mentioned seeing them out in LA that one night (when Juan was with Reid and Jesse) and said that Jillian and Ed seem happy, affectionate, like a regular couple in love. He's happy for them and hopes things work out.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

I kinda see these recent interviews as she's a spoiled child.

She's constantly changing her stories, she's repeatedly going back on what seemed to be her morals (not going on the show with a GF), she's being extremely rude to what is to become her new home.

Yikes. She keeps talking like that and she's going to have only a few fans who are dumb enough to believe Ed didn't shag his ladies back home.

Closed Thread