Closed Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

I've been rather quiet this week as I feel this decision is up to Jillian. I don't understand that hate that is being spewed at Jillian. This is HER life and HER decision. I also believe that Jillian knows more about what is going on than any of us could know based on what we have read in a tabloid.

I think her quote is just her saying that when she lived in her small Canadian town people didn't spew hate at her and wish ill upon her. People respected her choices and there weren't message boards across the United States saying things like I hope the media skewers her b/c she deserves it.

Why does she deserve it? Because she made an unpopular choice about who to love? Thousands of women in this country have chosen to stand by a man who had indiscretions. Would I? No - but maybe Ed had come clean to Jillian long before any rumors started. Maybe he was with her when the supposed affairs happened. Maybe she has seen his cell phone bill and knows that there were no texts made when the women said they were. Maybe they started out with a fake engagement b/c of the pressure of the show even though they only wanted to date and agreed to the time in LA to see how they really felt about each other and in that time frame truly fell in love. Only Jillian knows these answers and it is up to her to decide.

I don't wish ill on her b.c she made a decision that I personally would not have made...but my decision would be based upon taking a tabloid article as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HillCntryGrl;3653172;
    When Jillian is quoted as saying, "I want my sweet little simple Canadian life back where people treat others with respect." is she insinuating that nobody in America treated her with respect? If so, I think this was an odd statement and way out of line considering her main viewing audience and fan base is in the States. Any thoughts anyone?
    She is a constant condradiction.

She is most definitely not going to get her sweet simple Canadian life back in Chicago. I'm beginning to question if she even knows what she wants anymore...don't say I blame her.

ETA - Funny that they're in Vancouver, there has been a constant heat wave there for about 20 days, they arrive and it starts raining and gets cold.
    Last edited by lovemygirls; 08-10-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3653135;
    Thank you, fluff!

'The Bachelorette''s Chris Harrison: Jillian Has Not Dumped Ed

The only way I see they were successful at "hitting one down the middle" was to divide the audience into two camps, lol. Although, I guess if the latest polls are to be believed, the "Ed was the right pick" is down to almost 20%, so the two "halves" are a bit lopsided.
    EGADS! CH, I hope you didn't trip all over yourself running to bank with the check from this little gem.

The only interesting tidbit from this interview was his comment about the next bach, and that Reid, Kip, and Jake would all provide different stories for the show. The storyboarding is in full swing.

And all the extra jabs at Wes were completely unnecessary, cheap shots.CH, how do you sleep at night? Oh, right, on a mattress stuffed with Fleiss' money.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3653266;

I think her quote is just her saying that when she lived in her small Canadian town people didn't spew hate at her and wish ill upon her. People respected her choices and there weren't message boards across the United States saying things like I hope the media skewers her b/c she deserves it.
    Peace River is an eternity ago for Jillian and she knows that.
    Peace River is a far cry from Calgary or Vancouver but they are not hick towns, they are thriving cities, just as Kelowna is.
    People in those cities read gossip magazines, go on message boards and talk about pseudo-celebrities. They probably do it in Peace River too.
    These kinds of stories fascinate all kinds of people and people do talk. Jillian went on (inter)national TV to find her future husband, she had to realize this would happen...good or bad choice...if she's that unsavvy to think it wouldn't, well, she's kidding herself. You have to take the good with the bad when you sign up for something like this...I just don't think she realized how bad it would get.
    We need not think alike to love alike

just says no to koolaide!

The Bachelorette Producer on Ed Swiderski Cheating Rumors: Booyah! - The Hollywood Gossip

clip:

Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski have been the subject of much speculation ever since they got engaged on The Bachelorette - and even prior to the finale.

The issue? Rumors that Ed Swiderski was two-timing a pair of women before, during and after the show (and cheating on Jillian even after getting engaged).

They appeared on Good Morning America last week to put and end to the rumors that they are breaking off their engagement and that Ed cheated on Jillian.

But rumors of Ed's philandering, shadiness and racy emails to Lindsey Johnson and Bethany Steffen won't stop, thanks to tabloids and the girls themselves.

What does Mike Fleiss, producer of The Bachelorette, have to say about it?

Fleiss is one disgusting animal. He will literally toss his own mother under the proverbial editorial bus if it got him drama, ratings, and money. It is ridiculous.

As far as Jillian in Chicago, I wonder if this means she's already turned down any other opportunities to host some designing shows. I hope she didn't though. This relationship may or may not last but her career is something she has total control over at this point.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by tmi13;3653245;
    My thoughts exactly....most curious this is...
    I would normally "hmmmmmm" too about no recent photos, but the fact that Ed's in Vancouver with her says to me that no imminent break up is about to happen so long as they are basking in their new found fame. I suspect when the fame dies down, that's when they may break up.

I also don't get why she feel so persecuted. There was one US magazine article and a couple of entertainment shows on the eve of the article. Much much else that I can see. She's not famous enough to have paraparzzi or even TMZ at this point following her around.

I suspect she's upset by the message boards, but she should just not look at them if they upset her so. Message boards aren't actively following her around hurling our opinions at her!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3653266;
    I've been rather quiet this week as I feel this decision is up to Jillian. I don't understand that hate that is being spewed at Jillian. This is HER life and HER decision. I also believe that Jillian knows more about what is going on than any of us could know based on what we have read in a tabloid.

Why does she deserve it? Because she made an unpopular choice about who to love? Thousands of women in this country have chosen to stand by a man who had indiscretions. Would I? No - but maybe Ed had come clean to Jillian long before any rumors started. Maybe he was with her when the supposed affairs happened. Maybe she has seen his cell phone bill and knows that there were no texts made when the women said they were. Maybe they started out with a fake engagement b/c of the pressure of the show even though they only wanted to date and agreed to the time in LA to see how they really felt about each other and in that time frame truly fell in love. Only Jillian knows these answers and it is up to her to decide.

I don't wish ill on her b.c she made a decision that I personally would not have made...but my decision would be based upon taking a tabloid article as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    No one held a gun to Jillian's head, forced her to come to the U.S. and go on TWO reality TV shows, portray herself as a lush with questionable morals, or decide to accept an engagement ring from a lying, cheating scumbag.

As a grown woman, she made those decisions herself but now chooses to whine about not being 'respected' in the American MEDIA. She's a hypocrite who craves attention and yes, I hope she gets plenty of it. If she's REALLY sincere about how much better her life would be in Canada, then let her stay there. She won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Barme123;3653294;
    The Bachelorette Producer on Ed Swiderski Cheating Rumors: Booyah! - The Hollywood Gossip

clip:
    What does Mike Fleiss, producer of The Bachelorette, have to say about it?

Maybe the same things he said after Jason's horrific season was over. Here are a few quotes from the Master himself:

'Bachelor' exec producer Mike Fleiss speaks out on controversial finale | EW.com

March 4, 2009 (EXCERPTS)

The rumor stuff is just appalling because we all work so hard on this show. We really make every attempt possible to keep this pure and let people make their own decisions
    After the jump: "Once youíve made the commitment to be on one of theseshows you have to assume a certain level of emotional risk."
    Are you worried now that some fans are going to walk awayfrom the show because their disappointed or angry by Jasonís decision?If that were true, we wouldnít have held our numbers in that second half hour during Monday nightís ATFR.If there was going to be this mass exodus from the show, it would have[already] happened. If we make a great show, people will watch a greatshow and thatís the bottom line.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fan

Jillian LOVED and SOUGHT OUT the attention and the media when things were good and going well for her.

Now that things are not going well and she's become tabloid fodder (and embarrassingly so) she just wants her "simple and quiet Canadian life back". HUH? Sorry Jillian, but you can't have it both ways. You CHOSE this path, now, you have live with the consequences.

As a Canadian, I am disgusted with her.

Closed Thread