Closed Thread
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

FORT Regular

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3653116;
    We've decided another media thread is in order since there's been a lot of articles around over the past week.

Please use this thread to post and discuss print or online articles, or to discuss tv appearances by the cast from Jillian's season.

As per our rules, we do not allow articles from other reality sites.
    Online articles must be accompanied by a link to the original source, please.

Please do not use this thread to rehash events from the season.

Thank you
    A big THANK YOU for this....

Quote Originally Posted by HillCntryGrl;3653172;
    When Jillian is quoted as saying, "I want my sweet little simple Canadian life back where people treat others with respect." is she insinuating that nobody in America treated her with respect? If so, I think this was an odd statement and way out of line considering her main viewing audience and fan base is in the States. Any thoughts anyone?
    And there are no cads in Canada, please? No we don't have the rabid paparazzi as in the States but that's because most of our best talent is in the United States, bwah. Singers, band, actors, hockey players.

The paparazzi will come to Canada though if there are stars that warrant it like Toronto Film Festival, Hollywood films being filmed her, and Vancouver is often used to represent NYC etc, paps have snooped around the Muskogas and Vancouver, getting photos of Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, they own or did own a cottage up there and they moved to Vancouver for a while so one of their sons could play competive level hockey.

And we do have gossip columnists, Lainey from E! Canada is the Canadian Ted Casablanca, I don't think Bachelor would even be on her radar though, unless Ed gets up to no good up north, and all the major newspapers have gossip/celebrity sections. We have ET Canada, it has actually turned out to be quite successful so us Canadians like to goss with the best of them. And we have maitre'ds that tip off media outlets and people who will report on sightings of this celebrity and that.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.

FORT Newbie

When I read what she said, I thought to myself "oh oh"..better to have that she wished the media would leave her be and that she could get back to her life. When I saw she was going to be the bachelorette my first reaction was "run for the hills, ABC, tptb, will eat you alive" . not that the Americans would eat her alive etc. It was a little politically incorrect to my mind. I know what she means just there are other ways of saying it...but then again...she is under heavy stress. I don't blame her for wishing everyone would just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailingWife;3653212;
    Of course that's what she meant. I wish she would stay in Canada, but I doubt she will. If she moves to Chicago I hope the media there skewers her. She deserves it.
    The Chi bloggers and gossip columnists were in love with the until the Us Weekly story, now they're raking both Jillian and Ed over the coals. I hope his buddies have nice girlfriends and wives because she's going to need a lot of girlfriend support for awhile before this dies down.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I'msotired - Thanks for that article with Chris Harrison. I'm so GLAD to hear Jillian is VERY happy and in love . I wish them both the best!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Newbie

With all this attention and ther fact that she is trying to show a united front, how come we haven't seen any pictures of them? The one picture that the media showed the other day in people watch, was from when they had dinner at the sushi bar. If this "so called" couple is still together, how come there's no pics of them in Vegas? I would think that TMZ would have been hounding them.

Wonder why no 'recent' photo's - all we have seen over the past few days are prior ones............ uuummmmmmmm
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

In an e-mail to the Herald on Sunday, Harris was exasperated by the tabloid attention, saying: "I want my sweet little simple Canadian life back where people treat others with respect." Adding: "I am doing great, though . . . We are just trying to weather this storm."
    Funny, I'm looking at YOU, Ed. When did he treat people with respect?

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=lavender1960;3653217;]And there are no cads in Canada, please? Ah, you have met my ex-husband

paps have snooped around the Muskogas and Vancouver, getting photos of Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, they own or did own a cottage up there and they moved to Vancouver for a while so one of their sons could play competive level hockey.

They still go up to the cottage but at first, when the cottage was completed, they were getting a lot of cottagers boating by their cottage which freaked them out, although it was more for the size and spectacularness (word?) of the building as much as their celebrity attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3653234;
    Wonder why no 'recent' photo's - all we have seen over the past few days are prior ones............ uuummmmmmmm
    My thoughts exactly....most curious this is...

Closed Thread