Closed Thread
Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 688

Thread: Media Thread

  1. #161
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    70

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3657321;
    Yah, I wish they would drop that stupid man code and just be out with it. Had someone "informed" Jill during production she wouldn't be going through any of this humiliation.
    Except that there is a part of me that believes (1) TPTB wanted this season to end this way. This has never happened before. We always see couples at least really thinking they are in love, etc., but here we have all sorts of evidence that there really was no "love connection" (thanks sdl) and yet there is the bachelorette standing by her man (=more media hype). A great way to keep people interested in what's going on - and maybe get more people interested in watching next season! So many of those of us who watched the show saw that there was something shady about Ed - there was nothing we could do - and so we just kept watching to see what would happen. And what did happen was a train wreck. (Sorry to those of you whom I've offended.)

    (2) I think Jillian had Ed picked out from the very beginning - and that she forgot what she said about being open and not making the same mistakes as in the past. Her best friend said that Ed was her type from early on. Jillian wanted to believe everything that Ed said. I'm not sure it would have even mattered if she had been told that Ed was one of the guys with a suspected girlfriend (or two) - look at how she handled that with Wes - she kept him around longer. Jillian just shows us a great example of how women can be so gullible and will believe whatever it is they want to believe. None of this would be going on had Jillian selected either of the others (F2 or F3). I'm embarrassed for Jillian. This is one hard lesson to learn - and she obviously hasn't learned it yet.

    Jillian - take your own advice, go back to the life you lived before TB, and kick Ed to the curb - you don't need that in your life. Even if none of the rumors are true,, this will not last - the sooner you are done with it/him the better. You look like a fool right now.

  2. #162
    Lovely Lilly! StanleyCupCanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3657332;
    I should have posted this here (put it in the Reid thread not realizing this thread was open for posting:

    Reid's contract prohibits him from speaking to the media without pre-approval. So either ...

    (1) he is "done" with the franchise (and so like the other guys quoted, he is willing to take whatever little "heat" the producers/network might give him for talking to UsWeekly reinforcing negative Ed media portrayals)

    (2) he is not "done" with the franchise (either re-optioned for Bach 14 or in active discussions about it) and he is comfortable the the network is perfectly happy to have him make disparaging comments about Ed.

    Interesting to me that he was willing to comment.
    This is interesting to know. In Kip's interview on Monday, he said that he had been contacted by numerous tabloids but would not speak to them. In the interview, he said that he had no idea if what was being said about Ed was true and that all he knew about Ed was from the show.

    The DJ asked if Jillian pulled a Jason and asked for a second chance, what would he do? Kip's reply: I won't comment on that - Jillian and Ed should be left alone to be Jillian and Ed (and figure it out).

  3. #163
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Media Thread

    Kiptyn may have been the only class act on this whole season.

    Not commenting on the validity of the article but true or not, it's definitely show driven publicity. Even Chris and Fliess are speaking out of both sides of their mouths. Producers are loving this.

    Fliess said the next bachelor is DEFINITELY Jake, Reid or Kip. So, either they are keeping Jake and Kip out of the fray because they may be the next bachelor and Reid is free to speak up(that would be my guess)...or Reid is definitely in, and they are amping up the "white knight that really loved Jillian" rhetoric to romanticize him.

  4. #164
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3657391;
    Kiptyn may have been the only class act on this whole season.

    Not commenting on the validity of the article but true or not, it's definitely show driven publicity. Even Chris and Fliess are speaking out of both sides of their mouths. Producers are loving this.

    Fliess said the next bachelor is DEFINITELY Jake, Reid or Kip. So, either they are keeping Jake and Kip out of the fray because they may be the next bachelor and Reid is free to speak up(that would be my guess)...or Reid is definitely in, and they are amping up the "white knight that really loved Jillian" rhetoric to romanticize him.
    I think this is what will happen. I just don't see Kiptyn as the next bachelor.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  5. #165
    FORT Fan Marloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    304

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3657401;
    I think this is what will happen. I just don't see Kiptyn as the next bachelor.
    But how do they then turn around and spin it that he is heart whole and ready to begin the process anew? Especially if the start of filming is not that far off. I would think that they would downplay the lingering feeling thing if they were setting him up as the next victim, err, Bachelor.

    Don't you think Reid would get lambasted if he agreed to do this with unresolved feelings? There's your next train wreck edit.

    Don't do it!
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

  6. #166
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    41

    Re: Media Thread

    I don't like to say this as is does little for my faith of the 2009 independant woman, but I think even if there were video shown to Jill to prove that L and Ed slept together after the engagement...Jill would still stand by Ed....

    Sad..but I think true....IMO

  7. #167
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3657412;
    But how do they then turn around and spin it that he is heart whole and ready to begin the process anew? Especially if the start of filming is not that far off. I would think that they would downplay the lingering feeling thing if they were setting him up as the next victim, err, Bachelor.

    Don't you think Reid would get lambasted if he agreed to do this with unresolved feelings? There's your next train wreck edit.

    Don't do it!
    That is true, but again, as much as I love Kip, I don't see him as the next bachelor...I might be wrong though.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  8. #168
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3657391;
    Kiptyn may have been the only class act on this whole season.

    Not commenting on the validity of the article but true or not, it's definitely show driven publicity. Even Chris and Fliess are speaking out of both sides of their mouths. Producers are loving this.

    Fliess said the next bachelor is DEFINITELY Jake, Reid or Kip. So, either they are keeping Jake and Kip out of the fray because they may be the next bachelor and Reid is free to speak up(that would be my guess)...or Reid is definitely in, and they are amping up the "white knight that really loved Jillian" rhetoric to romanticize him.
    this is what I was thinking...

  9. #169
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3657374;
    This is interesting to know. In Kip's interview on Monday, he said that he had been contacted by numerous tabloids but would not speak to them. In the interview, he said that he had no idea if what was being said about Ed was true and that all he knew about Ed was from the show.

    The DJ asked if Jillian pulled a Jason and asked for a second chance, what would he do? Kip's reply: I won't comment on that - Jillian and Ed should be left alone to be Jillian and Ed (and figure it out).
    That Kiptyn is a class act! As much as I would love to see him on my TV screen for 2 months, I hope he passes on any offer at being the next Bachelor up and escapes this circus. He certainly doesn't need his own show to meet eligible woman now that he has already appeared this past season--everyone woman in America knows him now!

    Is anyone going to his charity event where he is being auctioned as the date for the evening--isn't that on August 18th? I bet they raise a lot of money!

  10. #170
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3657514;
    That Kiptyn is a class act! As much as I would love to see him on my TV screen for 2 months, I hope he passes on any offer at being the next Bachelor up and escapes this circus. He certainly doesn't need his own show to meet eligible woman now that he has already appeared this past season--everyone woman in America knows him now!

    Is anyone going to his charity event where he is being auctioned as the date for the evening--isn't that on August 18th? I bet they raise a lot of money!
    ITA...Kip is really a class act and I just love Reid to pieces so if I had to pick the next bachelor...I would say Jake..lol

    only because the tides always turn on the bachelor/bachelorette no matter how much they are loved and I don't want to see Kip or Reid put through that
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.